flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > My Website Design

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
calpol2004

calpol2004
because there are such little resources available for FASM ive started to make this website (link below) its only the design and very far from being finished. its no longer on a personal webserver and available always via the link below. Because im a beginner FASM programmer myself im just going to add to the site as i learn ASM. its table-less and its quiet portable although i have got problem with the menu on firefox, so shud work on just bout all browsers (cept the rly old ones like IE 3) on just bout all resolutions. it hasnt got much on it yet ne ways have a look. im plannin to put somethin more useful in the side panel rather than just another menu, ive just put it there to make it look full Rolling Eyes though it dus look nice there.

http://www.asmexchange.co.uk/

Last edited by calpol2004 on 28 Jan 2006, 16:14; edited 15 times in total
Post 14 Jan 2006, 16:27
Dex4u

Dex4u
Good start, But i would like a tut on how you setup your personal webserver.
Post 14 Jan 2006, 16:42
calpol2004

calpol2004
why do u want a tut on how to start my personal webserver?? its an application i use that allows u view my website thru my ip address, so ure downloading the website from my computer Very Happy . there are loads such as IIS,PWS,Xerver .etc
Post 14 Jan 2006, 16:44
Dex4u

Dex4u
I always thought it was hard to do Laughing, i will take a look for these programs, thanks.
Post 14 Jan 2006, 17:37
calpol2004

calpol2004
lukin at my webserver logs ive had bout 5 or 6 peeps access my website, yet only one person has commented on my site... cmon peeps i need feedback!
Post 14 Jan 2006, 18:40
flaith

flaith
Added to my bookmarks Smile

Post 14 Jan 2006, 19:10
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
calpol2004

calpol2004
puttin it ure bookmarks wont do much good. when i turn my comp off, u wont be able to access the site (im gettin it put onto a proper host as soon as finished writing me tutorials), also the address will change every time i connect. But dont worry ill do another post stating the permanent address on the forum once everythin is sorted out, im currently looking at some basic C tutorials and basically puttin them in my own words and portin the code, take a few weeks mayb. id appreciate it if some1 cud test out the email me feature on the site... it sends a message in the form, then formatted files with the message is saved in folder all rdy for me 2 view... ive had problems with WinXP when it goes crazy and blockin unsecure parts of the page Evil or Very Mad .

Last edited by calpol2004 on 14 Jan 2006, 19:50; edited 1 time in total
Post 14 Jan 2006, 19:33
flaith

flaith
flaith wrote:
Added to my bookmarks Smile

Ok, deleted from my bookmarks then !!! Wink

Post 14 Jan 2006, 19:42
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
calpol2004

calpol2004
hmm still got a ridiculously small amount of reviews.... Evil or Very Mad
Post 21 Jan 2006, 15:36
Artlav

Artlav
Here is a my review:

Positive:
Good idea.
Color scheme is well balanced.

Negative:
No "Advertisement below" marker above advertisement.
You are using iframe and javascript which is very far from "Viewable With Any Browser" definition.
Changeable buttons (filtered and filtered) are considered bad tone.
It may be a good idea to make it auto-fit the window - reading a tutorial text from a 9*postmark size window is not too easy.
"Exchange" assumes a way to share, but no such way is found.

Conclusion:
It is inpolite to judge the incomplete work, so there is no conclusion.
Post 21 Jan 2006, 16:28
calpol2004

calpol2004
well theres gona b a forum... also im planning for users to be able to upload there own tutorials and faqs onto the site. and maybe some events and stuff like decard.net did with the OS construction and stuff like that. maybe then it will live up to its name. im still trying to get the design stable before i start getting stuck in with the content. and i havent used any iframes, the scrolling is a <div> tag with overflow set to auto (much more compatible), only a few javascript scripts are used throughout the website (one for the menu rollovers which still works without javascript and one to validate email addresses) which in all cases the site still views ok if javascript is turned off Very Happy. however i got rid of the midget ad at the bottom and hopefully i can get that problem with the menu in firefox sorted out as soon as possible.

thanks for the review thou. any suggestion for any features i should add to it?
Post 21 Jan 2006, 22:13
decard

decard
I could host your site, but by now I couldn't even see it (was always offline when I tried) Wink
Post 22 Jan 2006, 08:41
Fungos Bauux

Fungos Bauux
You can host here: www.bluehosting.com.br its a good one. and its very cheap. The basic plan is about U$30 a year and the best one is about U$130 a year. If need more info ask me (im not the owner, only an user)
Post 24 Jan 2006, 18:14
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
calpol2004

calpol2004
hmm bluehosting doesnt look to good to me for the price. my design is stable'ish so i can get on with the extra features and some actual content, its my birthday 2day and i got some cash to get my website hosted for a few years Razz. should be up and running as soon as i get the uploading feature done (been faffin around with CGI all week).
Post 26 Jan 2006, 19:09
calpol2004

calpol2004
ive got my website hosted for $2 a month so is available 24/7 Very Happy. So i wont be messin around with my personal webserver ne more. now to finish the website Rolling Eyes.
Post 28 Jan 2006, 16:12

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: