flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Silent night.

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
xanatose

xanatose
My favorite christmass story is the way the song "Silent Night" stopped WWI for some days. (well at least in no-mans land).

Using google found this:
http://www.fortunecity.com/victorian/museum/59/war2.html#

Anyway, this story makes me think the way we sometimes forget that the said "enemy" is composed of people just like us. A Palestinian mother cries the same as an Israeli mother when their sons die. An iraqi father wants to take care of their family the same way and american one do. And everyone blood is red.

We are following a bunch of egoistical persons with little to lose and that know that the only way they can keep control over the people (and dont lose their privileges) is to give them an enemy to fear.

People can be controled in 2 ways, GREED and FEAR. And they know it. And FEAR can make an otherwise good person become a racist, a thief and even a murderer. Just because they thing they are right,

WAR = We Are Right.

Imagine for one moment that there where no enemies, sudenly people start to think why they need a goverment. Are they doing a good job? Why are this persons getting privileges?

IMO there are NO ENEMIES. There are just different point of views. Dont follow ANYWAY to war unless its also YOUR WAR (like when your country is invaded, or a corporation wants to contaminate your water). Otherwise you are just stupid. Remember, the leaders are easy to put your life in danger, but they are not willing to do the same.
Post 24 Dec 2005, 21:01
vbVeryBeginner

vbVeryBeginner
hi xanatose,
nice thought Smile
sometime i think, why all these happened.
low resource (metal, gold, water, chemical ... food, land ~ thing)
so people want more (greedy)
the one who got the large portion of the resources unwilling to share (greed + selfish)
the party who got little portion thinks he deserves more and wants more (ego + jealous )
so they fight.

we always love to point our fingers to others fault. but sometime and somehow. i really wish if all human could take some minute to think. to ponder.. what we really want in this world? and from this world?

let say if you are a greedy selfish proud person, and you don't want to change this bad "attitude?" or behaviour. let say you die. and you are lucky to go heaven. but the point is, you are still so selfish and greedy as you are on earth eventhough now you are in heaven.

so heaven become just a changing place (like moving from a place to another place) and you are still suck like that like when you are on earth.

the mentality of current human is, they think, someday if they could enter the heaven, they would "automatically" become pious, become a good person. bs.

if heaven is a place for those who got great human qualities, what makes you think you could enter the heaven when you leave this world without ever changing the bad part of your ownself?

and there are just so many bs leaders nowadays keep harm its people.

people are fear of having nothing nowadays.
the government, corporate use this factor to control human.
if you don't work for me, i don't give u money. without money, you can't buy anything. you have nothign at the end, others won't give u for free.

wtf should i spend my whole 40 years life to work for corporate to gain money. funny bs.

money is just a piece of bs paper.

sorry, i rant too much. i apologize if (reader ~ u ) have a different mindset that i, ignore this post. ignore this post also if (reader ~ u) don't believe in the existance of heaven. i don't mind and i hope you don't mind to ignore this post.
Post 27 Dec 2005, 08:11
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
tom tobias

tom tobias
vbVeryBeginner wrote:
if heaven is a place for those who got great human qualities, what makes you think you could enter the heaven when you leave this world without ever changing the bad part of your ownself?...
Thanks for sharing your ideas. I confess to not believing in Heaven, but I did find your post inspirational:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven
I never realized until your post (i.e. THANKS!) that the Jews copied from the Zoroastrians the notion of Heaven, passing it on, of course, to the Christians, and subsequently, to the Muslims.
So, it all goes back, way back, to the time of the ancient Persians!! Wow.
Now the Christians, or, at least SOME of them, profess, contrary to what you have written above, that ONE NEED NOT change one's (bad) behaviour to arrive in Heaven. Those Christians demand ONLY PROFESSION OF FAITH in the divinity of Jesus, prior to one's death, to arrive in Heaven. I suppose that idea is derived from Judaism, whereby EVERYONE spends some time in Hell, before, eventually, all people going to Heaven, if I have understood their current beliefs correctly. Since the Jews, like the Christians and Muslims have divergent sects with quite different practices, perhaps this notion is restricted to only one subgroup of Jews, but it is nevertheless quite a democratic concept, and a bit out of place in an absolutist framework, such as one finds in these three monotheistic traditions.
On the one year anniversary of the tragic Tsunami which killed a quarter of a million Indonesians in a fraction of a minute, it is easy to comprehend the rationale for belief both in Heaven, and in a route thereto, which does not demand demonstration of good deeds, for many "sinners" were swept away by that wall of water just before they could set out on their journey to repent numerous bad acts. One can easily envision a family in Aceh province, having engaged in a minor quarrel, the evening before the great earthquake struck, with someone in the community, and then, ashamed of this bad deed, having silently resolved to reform his or her "bad" conduct, the following morning, but instead, awakening to the last breath of oxygen on the planet Earth, with the sound of the roof collapsing under the weight of a wall of water. No reform, No repentence, No apology, No good deed, DEAD. And, according to the quote above, no opportunity, then, to visit Heaven. In a way, my own belief in the non-existence of life after death is at least logically simpler, condemning everyone, regardless of occupation, wealth or lack thereof, education, belief, age, gender, or state of physical health to the same ignominous future: Worm food. Rolling Eyes
Post 27 Dec 2005, 15:42
vbVeryBeginner

vbVeryBeginner
me wrote:
if heaven is a place for those who got great human qualities, what makes you think you could enter the heaven when you leave this world without ever changing the bad part of your ownself?...

i need to add a little bit,
but if God wants you to enter the heaven, then you would enter the heaven even you leave this world without ever changing the bad part of your ownself and you are full of sins.

and let say you never did a sin (0% sin) in this world and you are full of deeds, but if God doesn't want you to enter the heaven, then you would find no way to enter it.

i need to add this because i don't wish people to render the meaning of the quote like, if i am good and i keep changing myself toward better me, then i could quite sure enter the heaven. (or at least no need go to hell)
Post 27 Dec 2005, 17:10
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
xanatose

xanatose
I believe the Budist (not 100% sure, im not a budist) have another notion. Basically whatever happen to you is caused by your acts. No one is sending you to heaven or hell, but yourself. Think of it as cause and effect.

Who knows if there is a heaven or not. But whatever heaven and hell, exist or not, one thing is truth. If you follow someone blindly and or do things you dont aprove, then you are a slave to that person and a traitor to yourself and to humanity.

Eventually you will figure out that some day you will die, and that nothing you have is worth anything The only thing worth anything is what you did or did not do. (See the leyend of Gilgamesh) Sadly most people figure this at the moment of death.
Post 09 Jan 2006, 07:30
vbVeryBeginner

vbVeryBeginner
Quote:
Eventually you will figure out that some day you will die, and that nothing you have is worth anything The only thing worth anything is what you did or did not do.

nice one u got!!
sadly, most people just spend the whole life time to after the material, pride, power. and we all just care about our own self. if you are hungry, that is your own problem, what important is, my stomach is full. lol.
Post 09 Jan 2006, 09:21

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: