flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > soft-ice XP (grrrr)

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
how do i load executable for which i don't have debugging symbols? loader32 reports error: no symbols found and doesn't want to load it
Post 06 Dec 2005, 17:01
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
comrade

comrade
as far as i remember, it still loads, and "no symbols found" is a warning message

but that was back on 2000
Post 07 Dec 2005, 01:26
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
now it is error, not warning. i can make breakpoint at something what i find by the beginning, but it's not that.

Nobody uses S-ICE now? That's a little shame on us, it's best tool avilable, and closest to how things really happen.

[edit] it's driver studio 2.6 [/edit]
Post 07 Dec 2005, 03:27
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
gunblade

gunblade
SoftIce is deffinetly a very good tool. I find it strange that it wont debug executables that have no symbols.. most debuggers can still disassemble those executables, just means that you dont have debugging symbols really, (funnily enough Razz). Are you running the program, then doing Ctrl-D.. or just trying to open the program with softice somehow. If you are just trying to debug the executable, i'd suggest using another debugger if softice just wont do it.. like ollydbg (free).
Post 07 Dec 2005, 12:14
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
i believe problem is on my side, i am doing something wrong. i just wanted to know if someone had similar experience and solved it.
Post 07 Dec 2005, 13:17

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: