flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Sorry guy's I know this must have been asked a million times

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
zwaan

zwaan
Sorry guy's I know this must have been asked a million times.

I have recently stated learning asm and am just wanting some names of good books i can use for reference and read while at work.

I would like to start with very simple console programs, no gui at first.

Thanks
Zwaan
Post 23 Nov 2005, 06:44
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
I don't know of any books, but I do know that reading the spec manuals from Intel and/or AMD and looking at a few code examples can go a long way towards some useful self tuition.

There are some examples included with the FASM package and also posted in the flatassembler.net site. See intel.com and amd.com for the spec manuals.
Post 23 Nov 2005, 07:02
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
zwaan

zwaan
Thanks, will do just that.

Post 23 Nov 2005, 07:03
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
FASM examples may be handy, download all tutorials you can and don't stick just to one.... you youngsters have it easier with internet than we did :] (just joking of course...).
Post 23 Nov 2005, 07:48
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Madis731

Madis731
How do you know that he's young Very Happy
Ok, my input is that under Win32 its only easy when you make a .COM program, because .EXE console is as hard (or as easy) as .EXE PE GUI program. I never went any deeper to console than printing a few lines and waiting user input.
There are very short and easy examples in FASM package which you can modify and HEY, there's an easter egg in FASMW too Very Happy - check Options->Appearance. It's a 100% working app. The only problem is that it is not copyable.
Post 23 Nov 2005, 08:09
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
i was of course joking... you know how "old" people criticize everything new... (in our times, we didn't have any computers and internet, and we had to...).

But advantage of learning on my own is that i learn how to learn if you don't have what to learn from, i can find out things by myself easier etc. But this way took me more time to learn and finally really understand something.
Post 23 Nov 2005, 09:20
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: