flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > show ur internet connection fee, c which country cheaper

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
vbVeryBeginner

vbVeryBeginner
i can't tell u, coz a test would come if i tell u. Wink Laughing
Post 25 Oct 2005, 19:43
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Ancient One

Ancient One
hehe.. what do u think about our streamyx? i heard a lot of not so good opinion about it....
Post 26 Oct 2005, 05:55
vbVeryBeginner

vbVeryBeginner
streamyx, they r quite notorious in the past. now after i subscribed, suddenly they behave well Laughing

i guess now is quite ok, downloading from microsoft reach about 50 -> 60 kbyte/s. my package is (512 kbits / second = 64 kbyte / second). the highest download speed i got using uTorrent (BT client) is around 43kbytes/s.

but i still wanna say, they r money sucker. u try imagine, they provided dial-up 56kbps (7kbytes/s) at RM 1.50 (USD 0.40) per/hour, imagine,

i got 512 kbps with RM 66 (USD 17) (unlimitted usage per month)
if i use slow dial-up, (1.5 x 24)x30 = RM 1080 (USD 284)

they r definately "money sucker". they make poor people more poor. i just wish the CEO of this ISP (Telekom) read this and plez make the dial-up access fee more (resonable and cheaper)

but the reality is, our society is being controlled by stupid and greedy fellows. those "good & clean one" dead already. the worse is, there are more "bad & stupid & greedy" citizen compare to "good" one.

how many minister r being appointed because of their dignity & knowledge? many of them r just using "under down-table relationship" wtf... Evil or Very Mad wtf...
Post 26 Oct 2005, 09:06
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
madmatt

madmatt
Michigan, U.S.A: Iserv
DSL connection: Deluxe Dynamic Unlimited (download 384k - 1500k, upload 128k-384k) Shocked
price: special promotion >> $16.95 a month! Smile
Bought dsl modem at the local GoodWill for $5, a new modem would have cost me $60!!! Very Happy

Just got this ultra lightning fast connection a few day's ago, MUCH FASTER!!!, than dial-up, ZOOOOM Exclamation Exclamation Razz
MadMatt
Post 26 Oct 2005, 09:31
Ancient One

Ancient One
thats why dial-up is strictly for non hardcore internet users. those who access for 2-3 minutes a day Smile.
Post 27 Oct 2005, 13:07
Ivan Poddubny

Ivan Poddubny
Yaroslavl (Russia)
LAN (up to 2Mb), static ip, ~$0.12 per megabyte Crying or Very sad Sad Crying or Very sad
Post 27 Oct 2005, 13:58
Artlav

Artlav
Moskva
LAN 300 Kbits/s (40Kbytes/s download speed) in and out, no limit - $29.

And Dial-up is not that bad - you can easily download a few Gb's file. Only problem, that it takes 14 nights...
Post 29 Oct 2005, 13:26
Damnation

Damnation
onetel:
same as above but within next 5 months i will be upgraded to 2mb for free
(and yeah dial-up is ok, but takes forever i know : oP i get about 5 gb a day on my 1mb nice eh? i want 10mb tho : o( )
Post 29 Oct 2005, 19:57
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
at home: 56k dial-up, limited by time, costs horrible money
at college: 100Mbps on computer, 1Gbps shared for wntire college. internal download can go up to ~11MBps (ftp), fastest external i've seen was about 500KBps (usually server is slower than our connection anyway)
Post 02 Nov 2005, 11:10
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
Reviving an old topic.

S. Korea, Japan have world's fastest Internet links
Quote:
South Korea boasts the world's highest average connection speed at 14.6 Megabytes per second (Mbps) and also has six of Asia's 10 cities with the fastest link-ups, all with average speeds above 15 Mbps.

Japan had the second highest average connection speed of 7.9 Mbps, followed by the Chinese territory of Hong Kong with 7.6 Mbps, said the report by US-based network provider Akamai Technologies.

The other countries in the top ten are Romania, followed by Sweden, Ireland, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Denmark and the Czech Republic, with the United States at 18th place, with an average speed of 3.9 Mbps.
My WAN side VPN is 1.5Mbs, but usually my connection speed to the VPN is slower since my VPN is in another country from where I usually am. In some countries that I visit I can completely saturate the VPN, in other countries I can hardly get it to 10%. The Internet is certainly not the same experience for everyone. Where you live or work will make a big difference.
Post 02 Feb 2010, 10:15
Borsuc

Borsuc
I was gonna ask why is Japan's 7.9 Mbps so high since I have 8Mbps... but then i saw Romania is third... I certainly didn't expect that tbh.
Post 02 Feb 2010, 18:01
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
I'm very surprised by USA's rank, I did know they weren't first, but 18th position is way too low for an Internet pioneer country Confused
Post 02 Feb 2010, 19:35
DustWolf

DustWolf
Home1: Slovenia, T-2, VDSL 2/2 Mbit, per month 26 €.
Home2: Slovenia, T-2, FTTH 20/20 Mbit, per month 28 €.
Server: Slovenia, ARNES, Native LAN 100/100 Mbit, free but you need to do the wiring yourself. Smile
Post 02 Feb 2010, 20:33
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Artlav

Artlav
Hm. Things change over 5 years.

Moskva,
4G 5-10Mbps/128-1024Kbps d/u, dynamic ip.
No traffic limit, works almost anywhere in the city and few around it - ~$16 per month.
Post 02 Feb 2010, 20:46
Picnic

Picnic
Greece
ISP: OTENET
down: 1.7 Mbps
up: 0.2 Mbps
no limit, dynamic IP
16 € per month
Post 02 Feb 2010, 21:02
windwakr

windwakr
USA
ISP: Comcast
down: ~8Mb/s
Up: ~2.5Mb/s
250GB monthly limit, dynamic IP
~$45/month

But those speeds are just over a crappy wireless adapter. I haven't really been on the computer wired to the router in a long time(although the speeds probably wouldn't be that much better on that one).

LocoDelAssembly wrote:
I'm very surprised by USA's rank, I did know they weren't first, but 18th position is way too low for an Internet pioneer country Confused

Most ISPs here don't care about providing fast speed, they just care about profit.

Post 02 Feb 2010, 21:28
Borsuc

Borsuc
$45/month WOW that's really expensive Surprised
Post 02 Feb 2010, 23:18
shoorick

shoorick
at home - 33.6 dialup, occasionally, mostly for e-mail. about 0.5-2$ per month
Post 03 Feb 2010, 06:22
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
Akamai's State of the Internet (reports and cool web tool)

The whole world should go wireless. Wires are so last century.

USA
ISP: Comcast
down: ~1Mb/s
up: ~256kb/s
dynamic IP
~$20/month (includes required cable TV, don't use it Sad)

Monopolistic profit pigs - both AT&T and Comcast. I'll bounce between them to grab the cheapest deal -- don't really need the bandwidth.
Post 03 Feb 2010, 09:10
Borsuc

Borsuc
I agree, besides being very expensive for the crappy service they give (you should get around eight times the download bandwidth for that price)... there's also the TV required crap... The USA internet model seems to remind me just how profit-greedy corporate America is.

Post 03 Feb 2010, 18:39

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: