flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > people is so selfish...

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
vbVeryBeginner

vbVeryBeginner
sometimes, i wonder how the earth could survive for the next 50 years... take a look at current global environment... man.. so sad. everybody just never really take care this earth, dump plastic everywhere, make plastic to earn more money, take down those logs, polute river, release untreated waste to river, rubbish everywhere, weapon testing, idiot war and etc ... are we human stupid or wat? people is just so selfish, we want everything easy, we don't care if it would endangers the earth or wat, we just don't care.

people who realize are less, most people in third countries never think about this, they got problem to find food, money, car and those stupid luxury and they don't care environment (they aren't satisfied with their life). well... u can't blame people who can't seem to understand this problem, coz they just don't care or maybe uneducated. well, maybe only after they felt it, they would start to realize it is too late.

firms produce so much stupid products for people to consume yet never take care how those plastic bottles, dangerous liquid end up in the end.

my advice is not don't simply throw, but don't simply buy.
Post 06 Oct 2005, 21:13
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
farrier

farrier
vbVeryBeginner,

It's sad that everything you say is true! And to me it all relates to making profits count for more than anything else.

Big or small business: How can we save 0.001 cent per container of drink, how can we dispose of this waste without it costing us more, how can we get around the regulations on emission from our smoke stack, how can we save on labor by exploiting desparate workers? The emphasis is always on the short term profits. It makes for bad economic policy, bad business policy, and bad for the earth.

Unfortunately, governments are supported by business, and are therefore reluctant to legislate against them. As you said, we have grown used to cheap "things" with which we surround ourselves. We don't worry about the long term consequences of how they are manufactured.

War is just another way of stimulating business and expanding markets at the expense of the workers/soldiers.

f

... the right of the people peaceably to assemble, ...
The code is dark, and full of errors!
Post 06 Oct 2005, 21:34
vbVeryBeginner

vbVeryBeginner
beside educating people, i guess there is nothing we could really do to correct current problem. man...

we need a true real leader.
Post 06 Oct 2005, 22:24
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
veach1

veach1
I think that Mother Nature will clean this mess soon. She is warming-up before something huge. Katrina and similar... it is just the beginning.

One monk told: "God punishes bad people, but they live near good people - thats why good people suffers too"

Last edited by veach1 on 07 Oct 2005, 10:56; edited 1 time in total
Post 07 Oct 2005, 07:13
tom tobias

tom tobias
vbVeryBeginner wrote:
... are we human stupid or wat? people is just so selfish, we want everything easy, we don't care if it would endangers the earth or wat, we just don't care.

I appreciate everything you wrote. I also agree with you and Farrier and others. It is good that you mention the destruction of the forests, a problem not unique to Indonesia, for it is also a main contributor to the spread of the Sahara desert in Africa, and the increasing misery in Brazil.
My question is this: since none of us on this forum possess, even remotely, even indirectly, even the tiniest bit of political power, how can we, individually, or collectively, do something to overcome this appalling insensitivity, selfishness, and greed which your topic has so properly addressed? I think the answer is this: ALTHOUGH we lack the power to influence politicians or masses of people, we can set an example by avoiding those behavioural components you describe: greed, selfishness, & "wanting everything easy" IN OUR PROGRAMMING ACTIVITY. What? say again? Yes, our programs tend to be poorly documented, sloppy, inadequately designed--often just thrown together haphazardly, NOT UNLIKE the conduct of those timber companies who think nothing of the horrific damage to the ecosystem associated with blanket taking of the valuable hardwoods. Where is OUR ATTENTION TO DETAIL? Where is our focus on producing EXCELLENT documentation to support the products of our labour? Are we not in fact, on a different scale perhaps, JUST AS CULPABLE as those rapacious companies stealing valuable resources? If we only think of a single dimension, i.e. writing some code that will suffice, instead of considering alternatives, and CAREFULLY PLANNING our PROGRAM, then we are no better than those we criticize. Smile
Post 07 Oct 2005, 10:28
penang

penang
Human, a species that is unique in the whole universe.

Why ? Because we think that we are so, SOOO smart, but in fact, we are stupid.

Even lowly ants know what to do once they climb out of their egg-sack. They instinctly know what they got to do - either they go defend their home against intruders, or search for food, or ...

Human ? Well ..... some humans, even if you TEACH them what to do, THREE HUNDRED ZILLION TIMES, they STILL couldn't do it.

If you look at the whole world's ecology as one entity, we humans are like CANCER CELLS - keep on reproducing, while keep on destroying everything around us.

And there are those amongst us that are thinking of going to outter space.

Gimme a shrill whenever I think of that.
Post 08 Oct 2005, 06:40
vbVeryBeginner

vbVeryBeginner
air quality is getting lower, even when breathing, i could felt.. the oxigen is so little, human breath more and faster. should we start stocking some oksigen from now... ?

india got a >6 scale earth quake... i read 2 big earthquake already from news just within a week...
Post 08 Oct 2005, 06:58
THEWizardGenius

THEWizardGenius
Protect the earth: Kill all humans.
Post 31 Oct 2005, 04:11
vbVeryBeginner

vbVeryBeginner
earth musnt' be destroyed before jesus recomes.
Post 31 Oct 2005, 06:35
Damnation

Damnation
o_O ack religion.
people are not selfish more that fact that they are lazy.
unfortunatly people get more and more lazy.
Post 31 Oct 2005, 13:44
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Reply with quote
madmatt

madmatt
THEWizardGenius: That's an awful solution!! Of course, you'll start with yourself!?

We just need to educate as many people as we can, and teach them the "earth friendly" way to do many everyday tasks. In other words, practice what you preach! Also, it would be nice if more and more people grew there own food, vegetable and meat (Myself included). Also learn how to repair many household items, instead of just throw-away and re-buy.
Post 01 Nov 2005, 07:23
vbVeryBeginner

vbVeryBeginner
Quote:
it would be nice if more and more people grew there own food

i guess good life style should be like that, no depencency
wat the earth would be in the coming 20 or 50 years, would i still be here? omg
Post 01 Nov 2005, 09:00
Damnation

Damnation
problem is "no depencency" will cause a loss of jobs in alot of areas.
and growing veg requires land, and in london dream on.

and meat. chickens hell u can have free range in your living room : o)
but cows, they are expensive, and damage alot of gates etc
pigs they require alot of paperwork. and are once again expensive.

people really just need to do as said above, fix there own items, don't through them away.
industries. should produce more items that can be melted down and remade.

(washing up brush for example)
boxes and paper should be cut down on.
i work in a butchers parttime, and we get so many boxes each week its stupid.
we flat pack ours then give them back to the company. but i doubt they reuse them.

metals the amount of metal in scrap yards etc. that could be melted down and used again. is horrid, its just sitting there rusting.
people need to attack packaging, old goods in scrap yards, paper etc.
and use its all properly and with a little effciency.
but unfortunatly, its a minority who give a shite, the majority are too lazy to care.
Post 01 Nov 2005, 13:32
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Reply with quote
vbVeryBeginner

vbVeryBeginner
wat we really want?
and wat we really need?
Post 01 Nov 2005, 15:46
madmatt

madmatt
Damnation,
Not every one can grow food obviously, but 50 years ago here in the states, MANY more people had small gardens in there yards, and grew to supplement food bought at the local store, now almost no one grows their food anymore, and now rely totally on supermarket (corporate grown) food. And of course, more government supported recycling centers will help with the problems that you mention. But, as stated above, big business controls many governments now, including here in America, and nearly imposilble to rely on governments for action now, so it's up to US to educate and enlighten.
Post 02 Nov 2005, 04:18
SDragon

SDragon
In Russia, a lot of people grow food at their gardens ("dachas"). I think there are about 60-70% of families who have dachas. Obvious motivation for this was a low cost of self-grown vegetables; it was important during several economic crisises after perestroika, and many people said having dacha was their way to survive then. Buf it didn't help our ecology much. Factories are still smoking, and their smoke contains almost the whole Mendeleev's table, trash is not recycled and dumped everywhere etc. So, looking at Russia, you can't say that "no dependency" is a right road.

The lifestyle is changing now in Russia, and young people start using dacha for leasure, not for growing vegetables. They buy food at supermarkets. Though, there are people who like working at their gardens as a hobby; it's pleasant for them to see the plants growing.

And, of course, a soup from self-grown potatos, tomatos, and carrot is more healthy than chips, ketchup, popcorn, and other "American-style" eating from supermarket. May be, people of USA should boycott their fast food industry. Simply don't buy this greasy, full of chemicals and unhealthy food!
Post 04 Nov 2005, 02:54

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: