flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Harry Potter 6

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
THEWizardGenius

THEWizardGenius
To counterbalance the recent release of the book "Harry Potter 6: The Half-Blood Prince" I have written a parody called "Hairy Potty 6: The Half-Bloody Prints".

It has 5 short chapters with bad spelling and terrible grammar. Most of it doesn't and won't make sense, but if (a)You are a Harry Potter fan or (b)You are not a Harry Potter fan, I bet it will make you laugh.

When book 7 comes out I will write "Hairy Potty 7 or 8", which will be a parody of that.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Enjoy Wink

Description: Hairy Potty 6: The Half-Bloody Prints
Download
Filename: HP6.TXT
Filesize: 7.39 KB
Downloaded: 536 Time(s)

Some ants toot!
It's over!
Post 25 Jul 2005, 20:36
decard

decard
Its really strange about Harry Potter book that although it is very naive, it is extremly addictive. I read 5 books, even though I knew they didn't have too much of artistic value.
I don't like the fact that world presented in this book is "adjusted" in every volume. I know that Rowling is not Tolkien, but she could thing about the book more carefully before writting it... and all pseudo-latin spell names...
But despite of this I read every book and didn't get bored. I think that it is something like pop music. Lyrics makes no sence, most songs are about the same things, but still most people will listen to it.
Post 25 Jul 2005, 21:02
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
comrade

comrade
decard, i don't know you anymore.....

Smile
Post 25 Jul 2005, 21:47
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
decard

decard
What do you mean? I don't listen to pop music of course Smile
Post 25 Jul 2005, 21:54
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
do i have to have read HP? because i haven't and i am not going to....
Post 25 Jul 2005, 23:10
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
comrade

comrade
decard wrote:
What do you mean? I don't listen to pop music of course Smile

hahaha jokes Laughing

Post 26 Jul 2005, 04:55
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
smiddy

smiddy
Harry Who? ...never heard of him.
Post 26 Jul 2005, 17:42
shoorick

shoorick
oh, my daughter is crazy about game with this Harry! (she is 4)
Post 04 Aug 2005, 12:29
decard

decard
You should keep her away from computer at this age.
Post 04 Aug 2005, 12:34
shoorick

shoorick
it is impossible. she said it is her pc Very Happy i can use it mostly when my women sleep Very Happy

Last edited by shoorick on 04 Aug 2005, 13:54; edited 1 time in total
Post 04 Aug 2005, 13:52
MCD

MCD
decard wrote:
You should keep her away from computer at this age.

This is all just Microsofts fault, cause their OSes usually look like Fisher-prize toys, as though they were designed for such small kids Very Happy

-||__/
.|+-~
.|| ||
Post 04 Aug 2005, 13:53
Raedwulf

Raedwulf
hmmm I agree.....weird things on windows like 'recycle bin'
I bet most 'users'(do they deserve this term.....?) live their lives never emptying their recycle bin Smile
There's so many other little things that MS Windows asks you thinking you are no more than a child Smile....too many to list here but I guess all of you get my meaning.

The old DOS days had delete which meant delete Smile
And if you were a real 'techie' you'd use Norton Undelete lol.

Well my dad bought his first computer in 1987 ...6 months before I was born Smile. And I was the only child till 1998 Smile
So I was kinda attracted to computers at a very early age Smile and learnt DOS stuff and batch files quite early Smile
I remember my dad asking me when in about 1993-1994 whether I wanted Quarterdeck or Win 3.1 on my first pc...well his old one (a 286 or 386? ...I can't remember...possibly the former)

My addiction to programming came to be because my dad got swapped over to teaching computer studies for secondary level so he brought back some textbooks. I found in the third year textbook QBasic was taught. So I starting learning QBasic Smile.....then found QBasic couldn't amke windows programs so by 2000 I was using VBasic.

I have had bad times with games----I played too many so my programming wa kinda slack till about 2003-2004 when i picked up a bit.....but gaming still wasted a lot of time. I've managed to 'sober' up end of last year and beginning of this year ...particularly because my system is getting too old to play new games competitively Smile.

I started learning assembly in April/May and now know quite a bit about it though I need to sit down to do a real asm project.
At the moment I'm playing with ThunderVB addin which allows you to write inline asm into visual basic (because visual basic 6 is based on parts of visual c++ 6.... you can hook the compilation process and insert assembly Very Happy)
Actually it was this addin that led me to learn assembly in the first place Very Happy

And so I've written my autobiography Very Happy............... Embarassed

Post 04 Aug 2005, 19:16
shoorick

shoorick
in this i can add:
2 years ago at my work there was a room where 3 men has one pc and worked on it from time to time... once they call on me and said they have a problem with it. i found their hdd full and decided to delete something... i was very surprised: they ALL stored their documents in recycle bin... and deleted their files also there... and did not know wich documents was not needed to anybody of them... there was a hard work, esspecially for them: i'd asked them firstly decide what is really can be deleted from their bin Smile

imho, i do not think gui is the reason to gate os, even if it looks as kinder-surprise Wink the main reason of users failure is "optical illusion": they think if it looks nice, it is easy to work with it, when in real modern oses are more sophistic then old good DOS and need a hard studing even just to use them professionally.
Post 04 Aug 2005, 20:06
Raedwulf

Raedwulf
Im not surprised ...one of my cousins did the same...it was like the recycle bin was 'my documents' lol and 'my documents' was recycle bin Razz

Post 05 Aug 2005, 15:38
donkey7

donkey7
i hate harry potter!!!!! i hate harry potter!!!!! i hate harry potter!!!!! i hate harry potter!!!!! i hate harry potter!!!!! i hate harry potter!!!!! i hate harry potter!!!!! i hate harry potter!!!!! i hate harry potter!!!!! i hate harry potter!!!!! i hate harry potter!!!!! i hate harry potter!!!!! i hate harry potter!!!!! i hate harry potter!!!!! i hate harry potter!!!!!
do you understand??
Post 06 Aug 2005, 14:02
decard

decard
Smile why? whad has he done to you?
Post 06 Aug 2005, 16:18
donkey7

donkey7
j.k.rowling is a stupid monkey Wink
i have nothing more to say about hp
Post 08 Aug 2005, 18:22
THEWizardGenius

THEWizardGenius
Quote:

I bet most 'users'(do they deserve this term.....?) live their lives never emptying their recycle bin
There's so many other little things that MS Windows asks you thinking you are no more than a child ....too many to list here but I guess all of you get my meaning.

The old DOS days had delete which meant delete
And if you were a real 'techie' you'd use Norton Undelete lol.

I press SHIFT-DELETE when using Windows, to bypass the Recycle Bin. And when I forget, I empty the recycle bin right away. Why waste disk space? I do have "accidents" where I delete something important, occasionally. So what do I do? Restart in DOS, and type "lock" then "y" then "c:\olddos\undelete". But mostly I only delete things I don't want or need.

Quote:

i hate harry potter!!!!! i hate harry potter!!!!! ...

Me too. It's actually written pretty well, for why does everyone like it so much? But it's stupid.
Post 08 Aug 2005, 20:43
shoorick

shoorick
just remember one funny story Smile

when i've been living in the village i had only own-built pc with 8080
inside and no printer. there was an inspection at my work, and i was ordered to place a working day plan at the door. i went to the office of local agro (?) and asked just to print a one sheet: they let me. (they have win 3.1 with word) little later i met a woman from there - she told me: "you know: you did something, and after that we could not run the word..." i said: "ok - it is known situation - i will not ask you any more Smile" i saw how they started word and understand: after starting windows a task manager was shown, and there was active icon of the word - they were just pressing enter - and got word. when i was printing, i run calculator (even do not remember why) and left its icon active - then when they were pressed enter - calculator appeared - to solve this situation they were calling on the programmer who serviced them Smile
Post 27 Sep 2005, 14:14
HyperVista

HyperVista
The dude who just moved next door to me is named Harry Potter ... no joke!
Post 29 Sep 2005, 02:32

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: