flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > FASM Forum Members

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
HyperVista

HyperVista
i'll get something posted this weekend ... i warn you in advance that i'm not as handsome as you might be imagining and have no cuts or bruises from recent adventures with hedges or secret walls Laughing
Post 08 Sep 2006, 13:50
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
arafel

arafel
Hi everyone,

Have been silently lurking here for quiet some time and finely decided that it's time to introduce myself Very Happy

My name is Roman, I am 23 years old from Jerusalem. Currently a student (BS in Software Engineering) and working as a code slave... ergh... I mean doing internship for some local company. My hobbies include coding for Linux, BSD, in asm and c. but mostly in asm.
I 'stumbled' on FASM about four month ago and hooked since then. Smile currently I am at transitional stage from gas/masm to fasm.

Well, that's it.

edit: Oh.. I remembered that i never posted a photo of myself..

Description:
Filesize: 12.86 KB
Viewed: 14497 Time(s)

me.jpg

Last edited by arafel on 25 Jun 2007, 15:32; edited 1 time in total
Post 25 Sep 2006, 18:29
Madis731

Madis731
Madis "assemblying" songs Wink

Post 25 Sep 2006, 19:42
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Tomasz Grysztar
Assembly Artist

Tomasz Grysztar
Since recognizing me may happen to be crucial for our coming meeting in Kraków, here comes my recent photo. (Hey, will now people start to recognize me on the street? Very HappyVery Happy)

Description: The author of fasm, with a special guest appearance of the half of his favourite BTC 8120 keyboard
Filesize: 95.21 KB
Viewed: 17060 Time(s)

PICT0064.jpg

Post 25 Sep 2006, 20:57
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MazeGen

MazeGen
Tomasz, Madis: nice to see you finally! Very Happy
Post 26 Sep 2006, 10:46
asmfan

asmfan
Now i know the face of person who i should applause to. Very Happy

Post 01 Oct 2006, 22:43
okasvi

okasvi
oooooo, is that anime on screen or should I get glasses? Razz
Post 02 Oct 2006, 00:02
Maverick

Maverick
Tomasz has the look of a very a intelligent and sharp person, I wouldn't wonder if he was in reality a K.G.B. spy engaged to monitor and control the world's best coders. Very Happy

Anyway, I'll try to be a bit more serious now and post my pic (together with my wife, Alessia) and the one of our little daughter, Sara. We're waiting for another future little coder, but it's a very recent thing and thus we don't know yet if its a he or another she.

Post 02 Oct 2006, 05:44
Maverick

Maverick
Thanks Smile I think I have also some (small!) merits in this photo, being photography one of my fav hobbies. O:-]
But most++ is her merits anyway, she's cute and intelligent.. I think she'll be a great asm coder in some months. Very Happy
Post 02 Oct 2006, 16:21
RedGhost

RedGhost
okasvi wrote:
oooooo, is that anime on screen or should I get glasses? Razz

To me it looks like Star Trek: TOS on his screen with bones being on the left, but I am probably the one who needs glasses.

Post 02 Oct 2006, 17:24
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
HyperVista

HyperVista
one of the first questions i asked tomasz when i met him was about this topic ... he confirmed for me it is Star Trek. i know, i know ... there are many more important questions i should have asked him, but i was nervous meeting him and it was all i could think of at the moment to ask. Embarassed
Post 02 Oct 2006, 17:27
sylwek32

sylwek32
((I FOUND ME IN GOOGLE - SO PIC REMOVED))

IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE WRITE A PM

It's me Sylwek32.
I am programming in my free time and working
on some projects. Actually i am programming
a Database management system for linux.
I am living in Germany and i come from
Poland. Greetings.

PS: Picture will be updated soon..

Last edited by sylwek32 on 04 Oct 2006, 12:45; edited 1 time in total
Post 02 Oct 2006, 21:16
HyperVista

HyperVista
It's me, HyperVista. I am perhaps the oldest fasm member (52); note I did not say most experienced. I came to fasm recently having to relearn assembly language after many years of C/C++ programming, and some C# programming within the last 5 years.
I've had the great opportunity to travel to and see almost every region of the world. I've lived in Europe for 5 years and have traveled extensively in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia, Australia, Central America, etc.
I live in northern Virginia, USA, in a small town roughly 35km from Washington, DC. I have two children; a 17 yr. old son and 12 yr old daughter.
My hobbies include programming, chess, history, camping, and reading. My favorite sports are baseball and European football. I listen to all kinds of music and tend to favor classic rock.
Here is a recent photo of me taken by Madis during the fasm 2007 conference (we were on the battle field at Austerlitz when this photo was taken)

Last edited by HyperVista on 20 Sep 2007, 01:39; edited 1 time in total
Post 03 Oct 2006, 03:05
OzzY

OzzY
(FOUND ME IN GOOGLE, SO REMOVED. IF YOU WANT TO KNOW ME OR SEE A PICTURE OF ME SEND ME A PM)

Last edited by OzzY on 25 Nov 2006, 19:55; edited 6 times in total
Post 03 Oct 2006, 18:06
farrier

farrier
HyperVista,

If this is a competition, I've got you beat! I turned 53 this summer. Thanks for your efforts and accomplishments this past week to get the meeting recorded and available. Wish I could have been there.

farrier

... the right of the people peaceably to assemble, ...
The code is dark, and full of errors!
Post 03 Oct 2006, 18:24
MazeGen

MazeGen
I realized I still didn't introduce myself so there are a few words about me:

My real name is Karel. I'm 26 year old. I live in Czech Republic, in the second-largest city of Brno. It is small city, up to 400.000 pop.

My hobbies are aeromodeling (don't have a workroom now Sad), chinese medicine, travelling, reading good books and drinking good alcoholic beverages Smile

As for my photo, there is one some posts above, together with vid.

I started programming when I was about 15. I quickly recognized assembly language as the most interesting language for me. Because I didn't have almost any resources on assembly (no internet connection, just expensive BBS's), I leart assembly by reversing DOS viruses.

Since year 2003, I coded x86-32 code obfuscator. Since 2004, I was programming professional. Now I hired another coder (so I have an obfuscation company now Wink) and we are porting the obfuscator to x86-64 and ARM platform now.
Post 04 Oct 2006, 12:39
Raedwulf

Raedwulf
Hello, vid directed me down here...in the Heap!

I'm 18, coming 19 on 2 Dec 2006 Smile
VB Coder in heart - but love x86 assembly, and has ventured into the road of C/C++.

I love porting (yikes!).... and have hacked VB in numerous ways.

Live in York, United Kingdom - and am at college (eats valuable coding time!)
If anyone's interested in Gaming, I play Quake3 and Enemy Territory as well.

Any questions about me feel free to ask.

Here's a somewhat ancient picture of me (3 years ago)...

@@:
push [me]
pop [me]
jmp @B

Post 06 Nov 2006, 19:22
hckr83

hckr83
new here.. only people I know are dex and smiddy(if he's the same one on osdev.org)

I play guitar..
only 15yrs old(bout to be 16)
mostly a C programmer (not c++)

ummm... make flash videos sometimes(anytime programming is boring and can't figure out a song) my most recent flash is http://jouleos.galekus.com/random.swf
started programming when I was 13 with html..then liberty basic.. then darkbasic pro, which is actually a very good basic but geared toward gamemaking so didn't suit me, then I started making plugins for it in C
and well basically learned C from myself(or self-taught) and well then got intrested in os dev.. made my first juleos which was 16bit then got to filesystem dev and was fed up with segmentation so I went 32bit and then deved JouleOS for a while(still am) and now I've started Open86, my x86 emulator...

meh probably overly drawnout but anyway
Post 12 Nov 2006, 02:40
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly

No one directed me to post something here but since it's my PPro post (686th post Razz) I thought that it's time to post at least something Razz

My name is Hernán Pereira, I'm 23 years old and my birthday is 25th October. I like very much ASM, specially when it's code in a well documented manner or at least in a good structured way (don't confuse it with structured programming). I also like C and C++ when the objects are programmed in a wise way to avoid the typical overhead introduced by unnecesary "good desing" or the use of unnecesary software patterns to provide future extensibility which probably will never be taken anyway...

I'm also start liking unix-like OSes, so I'm investing more time on those to learn what them offer to me and discovering how confortable it is (at least for me since I started ASM with DOS).

I also want to thank to all the guys at this forum, I abandoned assembly programming some years ago but with fasm and the great fasm community now I like assembly even more than before and I'm tending to write all in asm again Smile (except university stuff because we can't do assembly programming, just HLL and most of the time the most improper language [like using Pascal for Introduction to Databases instead of C]).

Well, more or less that's me Very Happy

Regards,
Hernán
Post 25 Nov 2006, 03:50
WytRaven

WytRaven

Australian of English heritage. Love computers; always loved computers. I choose asm because I like to do things that are hard; when I fail I have an excuse then Wink I generally code as a creative outlet, therefore most of what I do has no practical use but I enjoy it and to me that is what is most important. I choose fasm as my assembler because it just makes sense (with the exception of the macro language Shocked).

I haven't contributed much to the forums as I consider myself a newbie in the asm game. I hope to contribute more in the future, probably just some little snippets here and there if I learn something during my experimentations I think might help other keen beginners.

[edit]

I recently bought and began reading "Introduction to Assembly Language For Pentium and RISC Processors" by Sivarama P. Dandmundi. I am primarily self taught and figured I really needed some guidance if I was going to take asm coding seriously. I am really enjoying the book so far, Sivarama is able to get his point across simply and clearly without overly dumbing things down or flying too high. I would recommend this book to any other people out there that are starting out with asm.

I also bought "Assembly Language Master Class" by Wrox Press which I will be reading after Sivarama's text. Looks good too but can't comment on it yet.

[/edit]

Thanks to Tomasz for giving me something to occupy myself with during my lunch breaks at work (fasm is sitting in a 3mb partition on my iPod Shuffle 2nd Generation Twisted Evil fasm in a package smaller than the size of my thumb!).

BTW Tomasz, where's the 'donate' button? I have some spare change looking for a good home.

Post 08 Dec 2006, 16:01

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: