flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > FASM Forum Members

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
eskizo

eskizo
Hi everyone!

I'm 23, from Brazil (yes, I like soccer). I have been programming just for fun, since I was 14. Started with Pascal, Delphi, C (I hate cpp), and now asm. Feel free to joke me anytime! My english is not good, just passed 15 min to write this text Confused

Bye
Post 04 Jul 2009, 13:16
Borsuc

Borsuc
Welcome eskizo. 15 minutes is a lot for that small message, I'm sure you'll improve your english with experience Smile
Post 04 Jul 2009, 19:18
Octal

Octal
Hello, guys. I just wanted to let you know that I joined the board. I hope to make some friends and take advantage of the resources offered here. I suppose it's only traditional to tell you a bit about myself.

My name is Brandon Zimmerman. I'm a fifteen-year-old computer enthusiast from South Carolina, USA. I really enjoy studying computer science/theory and practising x86 assembly, as well as higher-level approaches like C and its variants. I also enjoy reading, linguistics, graphic art, music, and web development and design; it's a pretty straightforward list, which is a reflection of my personality, I suppose.

I've been interested in computers for eight years or so, now. I believe that I can now boast an (obsessive) passion for them. My favorite book series is the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy; I'm also a fan of Tolkien's other books, like "The Silmarillion" and "The Children of Húrin." I enjoy studying linguistics (moreso phonology and morphology), and I even humor myself by constructing models of fictional ones. My favorite music genre is progressive metal and classic rock, but I also like reggae. My favorite band is "Dream Theater" and, yes, I do wash my whites on Sundays.

Just thought I'd tell you all some things about myself so that you'll better get to know me. I hope to fit right in.

Thanks.
-Brandon

G++>++++ e- h! r>+++ y>+++
Post 06 Aug 2009, 09:53
YONG

YONG
Welcome aboard! Razz

@Mod: This thread should join the "Forum Members" thread, right? Rolling Eyes
Post 06 Aug 2009, 10:10
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
Welcome Octal.

YONG, I've moved the thread to the appropriate place now.
Post 06 Aug 2009, 16:08
Borsuc

Borsuc
Hi Octal, you have many of my passions lol Razz
Post 06 Aug 2009, 18:57
Peret

Peret
This seems an appropriate place to post my first message. I just joined the board today, via the Slashdot/MenuetOS path. I haven't been here long enough to know much about FASM, but I do know the value of a flat assembler after fighting with MASM for many years. These days I design and program small embedded systems for a living, mostly on 8-bitters, but I've written quite sizable programs for the PC for DOS, occasionally Windows, and for no operating system at all (takes control from the BIOS rom-finder and never returns). I do everything in assembler, whatever the platform.

I, um, hesitate to ask this, since people will probably tell me to download it and find out, but it's late and I'm too tired tonight. Is FASM linkable? All the source code I've looked over tonight looks like a single source straight to executable.

Oh, by the way, I'm not a reincarnation of [content deleted] Wink
Post 20 Aug 2009, 07:15
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
Peret wrote:
Is FASM linkable?
Sure, fasm can generate linkable outputs, ELF and COFF. When (if) you do download it have a look in the "examples" folder for the various outputs you can have.
Post 20 Aug 2009, 07:22
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Peret

Peret
Thanks, I'll download it tomorrow and take a look.
Post 20 Aug 2009, 07:32
MHajduk

MHajduk
It's a high time to disclose. Wink Me and my moustache among spruces:

Description:
Filesize: 72.72 KB
Viewed: 8501 Time(s)

Me.JPG

Post 10 Sep 2009, 14:40
MazeGen

MazeGen
Hey, that's not you on the picture, I always imagined you differently!
Post 10 Sep 2009, 15:34
Borsuc

Borsuc
wow me too! (I mean, I imagined you differently)
Post 10 Sep 2009, 16:12
Madis731

Madis731
I second the two posters before me. Its so weird, I don't know why is that. Smile Can anyone explain?
Post 10 Sep 2009, 17:09
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
MHajduk

MHajduk
MazeGen & Borsuc & Madis731 wrote:
I always imagined you differently!
Hehe, interesting how? If you imagined me like Pippi Longstocking or Freddy Krueger then I'm terribly sorry for your disappointment! Wink Laughing
Post 10 Sep 2009, 18:44
rugxulo

rugxulo
Heh, I'm surprised you guys imagine anybody looking like anything. My mind is pretty empty regarding what you guys look like. (I mean, who cares?) You probably would be surprised by me, too (long hair). Surprised And no, I'm not showing you. Razz

MHajduk, you look normal, obviously. I think the 'stache threw some people though. Reminds me of Reno 911. Laughing
Post 10 Sep 2009, 23:40
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
I would [like] to see your countenance when I post here my photo.
I'm shocked! Shocked How could you have that waist size? Wink
Post 11 Sep 2009, 04:26
YONG

YONG
This is my 500th post!

Here you have a photo of an 18-year-old photo of me. (Don't complain about the quality!) I'm much more mature now! Wink

EDIT: Added an avatar of me!!! Razz

Description:
Filesize: 4.47 KB
Viewed: 7983 Time(s)

YongSir_avatar.JPG

Description:
Filesize: 27.25 KB
Viewed: 8423 Time(s)

YONG_18_yrs_ago.JPG

Last edited by YONG on 23 Oct 2010, 01:31; edited 1 time in total
Post 11 Sep 2009, 04:35
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
hey it's true, this is your first picture! I thought you posted one already but I confounded you with someone else Razz

Good to see you both.

I've also seen my own photo. Me? With short hair? What a good joke.
Post 11 Sep 2009, 04:45
Pinecone_

Pinecone_
Bit of a strange photo, but probably one of the better ones of me Razz one of the only photos of me that i don't hate.

Edit: I'm 17 years old, from Queensland, Australia. I've been programming for around 5.5 to 6 years. I've also been training in taekwondo for 7 years and am grading for second degree black belt tomorow. So nervous. I know, i have a strange haircut. Razz

Edit: Yay I'm now a second degree black belt Smile

Description:
Filesize: 25.15 KB
Viewed: 8400 Time(s)

P160809_16.34.JPG

Last edited by Pinecone_ on 12 Sep 2009, 08:38; edited 1 time in total
Post 11 Sep 2009, 06:05
rugxulo

rugxulo
(ignore the age jokes if it bothers you, no offense intended, I just find it funny these days, and I'm only(?) 30!)

That means Befunge93 is as old as you are. Laughing

Wow, my old 486 is about six feet away from me, you've probably never even used one (slooooowwwww). First 486s supposedly came out in 1989, but they were still sold well into the '90s (cheaper than Pentiums, I guess, which debuted in 1993). Ah, the good ol' days without all the gobbledegook that is forced down our throat now. (GCC 2.8.1 from early 1998 was the first to officially support Pentium optimizations. Before that it was 486 only, which basically amounted to heavy code and data alignment, nothing else!!)

Guess that means you've never played a SNES, huh? PS1 or PS2, probably.

Oh, and you definitely missed the glory years of Van Halen. Worth checking out, IMHO (Guitar Hero:VH coming out in December, I think), although Sammy's cool too. Cool
Post 11 Sep 2009, 08:34

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: