flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Free Opera registration codes

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
decard

decard
Cool, but I'm using Firefox anyway Laughing
Post 01 Sep 2005, 15:46
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
UCM

UCM
firefox is better than opera. as far as I care.
Edit: Well, it is sorta, but its easy to get carried away with extensions... like me

Post 01 Sep 2005, 21:28
f0dder

f0dder
Opera is faster than firefox in a couple of ways... and it seems they have fixed instability problems from previous versions. Haven't looked at memory usage compared to IE and FF yet, though.

IE *is* king of the hill with regards to speed, and probably memory usage too... but all those security holes and the non-compliance to standards, *sigh*. (At least tabbed browsing and some security holes are covered by the add-on IE browsers out there, but still).
Post 04 Sep 2005, 04:02
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
IE is speed king because it is integrated to OS, even for people like me who never use it (on computer with w95 i even managed to delete most of it Smile ). Opera was good time ago, but with each new version it's getting worser and worser. They just can't keep it simple.
Post 04 Sep 2005, 09:21
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
RedGhost

RedGhost
I think mozilla firefox will keep me just fine Razz
Post 04 Sep 2005, 10:35
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
vbVeryBeginner

vbVeryBeginner
is it possible for privalov to shows us the browser stats for this fasm board website? ... and os stats as well... it would be really nice to see the stats ..... so we know.. wat everybody is using and what is the most popular thingy for fasm users Smile
Post 04 Sep 2005, 20:07
UCM

UCM
i think firefox *is* infact a little buggy (especially cause you can't open .tar.gz files, it saves it as .tar.gz.tar which was INFURIATING with big files when i didn't know about it). But I loaded like at LEAST 50 links in new tabs and it didn't crash. (using the Load All Links extension to the Mouse Guestures extension) it just got really slow but i managed to close all of them. Infact im using the same instance to write this message.

Post 05 Sep 2005, 16:13
Tomasz Grysztar

Tomasz Grysztar
Here you are.

Description: Hit statistics for the April-August 2005
Filesize: 6.58 KB
Viewed: 4256 Time(s)

browstats.gif

Post 05 Sep 2005, 17:21
vbVeryBeginner

vbVeryBeginner
wow ........
thank you tomasz grysztar ... how bout os stas ... is it possible for you to show us here so that we could see which os is favoured by most assembly programmer?
Post 05 Sep 2005, 20:53
Tomasz Grysztar

Tomasz Grysztar

Description:
Filesize: 6.4 KB
Viewed: 4237 Time(s)

osstats.GIF

Post 05 Sep 2005, 21:05
decard

decard
What's MyIE2?
Post 06 Sep 2005, 05:47
f0dder

f0dder
decard, one of the windows browsers using the internet explorer core - like Maxthon and Avant Browser. Some of these are pretty good, adding a lot of the features that firefox has, as well as manually fixing some of the IE bugs.

I switched to FireFox though, after finally being hit by an IE exploit. Quite funny that this didn't happen until ~6 months ago, I've *always* been using IE and have been visiting sites that would be classified as unsafe - not to mention having a girlfriend who isn't computer-savvy using my computer Smile

I'll be playing a lot with Opera now, since it seems higher quality than FF...
Post 06 Sep 2005, 05:54
vbVeryBeginner

vbVeryBeginner
fodder, let's make the opera the number 2 in this month top 10 browser Smile
Post 06 Sep 2005, 06:46
comrade

comrade
Opera was always recommended by the hax0r culture, but i never liked its MDI interface
that was back with version 3 or something
Post 06 Sep 2005, 14:46
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
pelaillo
Missing in inaction

pelaillo
Once getting accustomed into Opera, it is bitter to use other browser. Firefox however has the advantage that it's opensource.
For the statistics, I was expecting that Opera 8 identify as itself by default, but it's still identifying as MSIE.

With the free offer, probably opera will eat some market share, but it is likely from other browsers. IE users nowadays are most non-computer-savy users that didn't even know the browser can be changed and certainly doesn't know how to change it.
¿hard to believe? I know many users, some high technically trained that don't know or have forgotten what a *file* is. Great thanks to the ease-of-usage of windows metaphores Crying or Very sad
Post 06 Sep 2005, 18:58
comrade

comrade
Firefox was supposed to be the light edition of Mozilla, but f0dder is right, it is still bloatware
Post 07 Sep 2005, 04:18
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
answer my own question back Wink wow, 31 august 2005
vid wrote:
vb: F8, took me more than year to discover

http://my.opera.com/Tamil/blog/add-modify-keyboard-shortcut

we could edit the short-cut directly Wink
just knew it today !!! omG Smile
just change F8 to ctrl d, now it behaves more natural to my previous experience.

took nearly 2 years to discover this !! Smile
Post 11 Jul 2007, 15:26

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: