flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Technology Forum

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
tspier2

tspier2
There is another forum that you can go to for help with hardware, software, and programming problems. There are a lot of different sections there. When you get there, register and you're ready to go. Here is the link:http://technology.6.forumer.com/index.php NOT MUCH HAS HAPPENED THERE YET, SO MAKE SURE THAT YOU REGISTER AND POST REGULARLY.
Post 21 Jul 2005, 22:16
THEWizardGenius

THEWizardGenius
I registered as NotTheCHEAT. Is this your forum or someone else's?
Post 25 Jul 2005, 19:44
tspier2

tspier2
It is my forum, and I PMed you a welcome message.
Post 25 Jul 2005, 23:58
THEWizardGenius

THEWizardGenius
I mentioned the forum at a couple of other forums I spend time at or occasionally visit. It's a great idea, and hopefully many people will show up.

I recommend increasing the daily limit for replies. I often reply to many topics, and start several new topics, at the FASM forum, all in one day. If your tech forum becomes big, people might reply more than 10 times without spamming at all. Of course, if it is spam, you can delete their account, and you get to decide what you think is spam. But for non-spam items, people should be allowed to post a reasonable amount of times per day, so long as their posts are actually useful and not just stupid, unrelated or unhelpful things. Other than that, I like your strict rules as that should help keep the forum clean from people who don't belong there.

I noticed the thing about editing posts. You said this is admin-only. I understand about people not editing other's posts, but are we allowed/able to edit our own posts if we make a mistake or something?

BTW, if you need a moderator or anything like that... I am not online as often during the summer, but I can be a moderator after school next year (I don't have a computer at home, but there are many computers at school).
Post 26 Jul 2005, 20:14
tspier2

tspier2
I understand what you mean. I will be changing the editing posts later tonight. Although, deleting posts is still my job. I don't need any arguements and flaming going in inside the forum. Also, I increased the posts per day to 15. I don't feel that this early on anyone should be posting more than 15 a day. That seems quite a bit outragious, because even iI don't post that much in forums I go in. Thank you for helping me promote it. I think that I'm going to also have a link to this forum, once mine grows a bit bigger. They can go together...

"ALL COMPUTER STUFF+BEST ASM EVER=HAPPINESS"

I will be looking for moderators once we start growing in size. At the present time, I will control it, until it starts getting over my head. Also, even if I do pick moderators, I will still be sending the Private Welcome Message to new users. I feel that this brings them early respect for the forum, as well as an excellent, warm welcome. Thank you for your questions and concerns, and please continue to promote my forum.

Last edited by tspier2 on 09 Apr 2011, 03:15; edited 1 time in total
Post 26 Jul 2005, 22:15
THEWizardGenius

THEWizardGenius
My questions have been answered. I agree with all of them.

Some ants toot!
It's over!
Post 26 Jul 2005, 22:29

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: