flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Bad English lol

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
THEWizardGenius

THEWizardGenius
A lot of people here have a signature where they apologize for bad english Very Happy . You don't need to do that people! I like bad english as it makes things interesting and makes us with "good" english have to think about what you mean. Sometimes I purposely use bad english or "weird" english just for fun, even though I'm a "native" american speaker, because I know nobody minds. Plus, its starting to become a fad to purposely speak bad english here Laughing . You don't have to apologize! Wink

Some ants toot!
It's over!
Post 24 May 2005, 15:58
MazeGen

MazeGen
Hehe, okay, I will remove my signature soon Very Happy

Post 24 May 2005, 16:58
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
tom tobias

tom tobias
THEWizardGenius wrote:
A lot of people here have a signature where they apologize for bad english Very Happy . You don't need to do that people! ... Plus, its starting to become a fad to purposely speak bad english here Laughing . You don't have to apologize! Wink

A few, minor, English errors here:
1. A lot of people, NO. correct is: Many people, or several listers, or, a number of replies;
2. "signature where", NO, a signature is not a location. It is a component of a message, "with which" is the appropriate grammatical entity to employ, NOT "where"--some might prefer the older expression: "wherein";
3. English, not english,
4. "Plus,..." NO, ought not commence a sentence with a conjunction, correct is Further, or Furthermore, or, Moreover, and so on...
5. "its", NO, correct is "it is", or "it's";
6. "speak bad...", NO, we do not yet possess a video cam forum, with real time streaming audio, therefore, NO ONE IS SPEAKING. We are all exchanging messages, i.e. (ille est) therefore exchanging ideas by WRITING, not speaking, talking or listening.
If a "native speaker" can communicate with so many errors, I hope the rest of the FASM forum will feel more relaxed about using this dreadfully overcomplicated language. Smile
Post 25 May 2005, 12:38
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Quote:
dreadfully overcomplicated

ehm, you should know Slovak (language) or any Slavonic, then you will speak about complicated...
Only thing complicated about english is that it doesn't have a general grammar rules because it comes from many very different languages, and it doesn't have rules to read/write, in many other languages if you see word written you already know how it is read and vice-versa.

Advantage of english is that it is very easy to be able of basic speaking enough to communicate.
Post 25 May 2005, 19:53
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
tom tobias

tom tobias
Thanks Vid, Slavic languages are very beautiful sounding, but, I have no idea about the complexities of their grammar. Many people have explained to me how easy it is to learn English, which always makes me feel more insecure, since I find it so terribly difficult to learn any foreign language. I am so impressed with the high quality of language skills exhibited on this forum from folks living in Europe, Asia, and South America. Wow. Terrific.
Post 25 May 2005, 22:36
JohnFound

JohnFound
Every language is easy - even 2..3 year old babies can learn to speek it without problems. Smile
Post 26 May 2005, 00:31
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
deltre

deltre
They actually changed the Dutch language recently Razz

ALOT of native Dutch speakers are unable to write a paragraph without making a few spelling errors.

I agree with tom tobias - In the Netherlands 50% of the TV programs are subtitled (US) English ones, but for young people in Korea it's a treat to speak to tourists to train their English skills.
Post 26 May 2005, 08:48
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Reply with quote
pelaillo
Missing in inaction

pelaillo
Quote:

Every language is easy - even 2..3 year old babies can learn to speek it without problems.

But it gets increasingly difficult when the baby is about 20..30 years Razz
Post 26 May 2005, 12:45

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: