flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > 20000 posts

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Exclamation we're going to have 20000 posts Exclamation
Post 08 Mar 2005, 12:36
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
liteonish

liteonish
Omigosh, I can't believe it! OMFG, OMFG!!!!1111oneone Razz

Couldn't you post this after or on the 20000th post?

Post 08 Mar 2005, 13:08
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
i won't be probably online on 20000th post. Only got a half hour or so until class ends Wink

but you can post something few times and you'll be the 20000-post's poster. And maybe you'll win something, like free copy of TASM or what...
Post 08 Mar 2005, 13:27
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
JohnFound

JohnFound
btw, this means FASM have now almost the same or even better popularity than MASM, that was for years world leader in assemblers market. Smile
I made some quick comparisons:

The old masm forum have 20769 posts by 2504 members.
The new masm forum have 6798 posts by 617 members.
Our forum have 19964 posts by 1188 members.

Who wrote these posts: Depending on the members count I tryed to check how many active members have these forums. The limit is as follows:

MASM new - 10 posts limit (base)
MASM old - 40 posts limit ( (2504/617)*base )
FASM - 19 posts limit ( (1188/617)*base )

So, the members that have posts above this limit are:
MASM new - 108 members
MASM old - 124 members
FASM - 152 members

I don't know whether this method of statistics is very reliable, but even if we put the line on fixed count for example 19posts, we have very encouraging results:

MASM new - 63 members
MASM old - 204 members
FASM - 152 members

The FASM forum and MASM one (old) was established approximately simultaneously, and in the begining MASM was definitely most popular assembler all over the world.
Now, on MASM forum, there are also sections for two other assemblers: GoAsm and HLA (if we can call it assembler, but anyway HLA have its user base).

Regards
Post 08 Mar 2005, 13:40
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
tom tobias

tom tobias
Thanks John, good statistics, reminds me of the old warhorse: There are three kinds of lies:
LIES
DAMNED LIES
STATISTICS
Sorry I can't remember the author of the quote.
Anyway, point is this: please don't forget two items. Some of our posts, well, ok, then, some of my posts, have little constructive quality, and are essentially only polemical, not at all useful, from the perspective of analyzing how to improve FASM, or how to better employ assembly language programming, or how to solve a particular problem with assembly language, so SHEER NUMBERS of posts are in and of themselves, not especially compelling, however, what is significant, or what will become significant, is the day when USING FASM, one develops a program that offers some utility in the marketplace.
Secondly, it is not the quantity of posts that determines the merit of a forum like this one, but rather the facility of those in need of assistance to find an answer to their questions, quickly, and efficiently. I think the FASM forum is excellent, and has many strengths, regardless of the quantity of posts submitted, and irrespective of the ostensible merits of any other forum Smile
Post 08 Mar 2005, 18:41
MCD

MCD
So, I guess those people behind MASM/TASM should finally start listening to Privalov
Post 09 Mar 2005, 13:57
Matrix

Matrix
vid wrote:
i won't be probably online on 20000th post. Only got a half hour or so until class ends Wink

but you can post something few times and you'll be the 20000-post's poster. And maybe you'll win something, like free copy of TASM or what...

a plastic bag? Smile
Post 09 Mar 2005, 21:34
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
rea

rea
:S
Post 09 Mar 2005, 22:13
liteonish

liteonish
After some calculations, it would appear that MCD has made the 20000th post.

Send away the bags! Smile

Post 10 Mar 2005, 13:07

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: