Message board for the users of flat assembler.
> MenuetOS > MenuetOS Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
MenuetOS Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
maintained by: Site Admin (Privalov), Mike Hibbett, Matrix, Ville Turjanmaa
This thread/sticky is intended to be a good list of FAQs (or simply usefull things), it's understandable that from time to time the search function might be a little tricky to use and it might take a while to find what one is looking for (especially when one isn't too familiar with the art of searching).
More information at MenuetOS.net website
Posting Information for newbies
You've got a problem with assembly programming?
There are probably many people who can help you solve it. You only have to do the following:
First of all, you should take a look at the Flat Assembler Documentation, then you might wanna take a look at the examples section,
IF you already did so, THEN try using the search function of this message board,
IF you can't find the solution, do the following:
Try to categorize your problem, ask yourself the questions:
Is your problem assembly related? IF NOT, THEN post to Heap
ELSE Does it belong to a specific operating system? IF YES, THEN post it to the appropriate forum:
DOS, Windows, Linux, Unix, MenuetOS
ELSE Do you think your problem is due to some bug in FASM? (we hope not) IF YES, THEN post it to Compiler internals
ELSE You would like to give some feedback on the forums? IF YES, THEN post to Feedback
ELSE Post it to Main.
For advanced programmers there are also
Macroinstructions - Post h:re your useful macroinstructions, discuss various tricks and syntax adjustments.
Compiler internals - Submit modifications to flat assembler itself.
OS Construction - Post here if you are writing your own OS kernel, boot loader, etc.
IDE Development - For developers and users of the Integrated Development Environments for flat assembler.
You probably could categorize your problem, now you may open a new topic named with the best description of your problem/suggestion, imagine if you saw that topic just created, what would you think if it had that name?
- Pre-emptive multitasking with 1000hz scheduler, multiprocessor, multithreading, ring-3 protection
- Responsive GUI with resolutions up to 1920x1080, 16 million colours
- Free-form, transparent and skinnable application windows, drag'n drop
- SMP multiprocessor support with up to 32 cpus
- IDE: Editor/Assembler for applications
- USB 2.0 HiSpeed Classes: Storage, Printer, Webcam Video and TV/Radio support
- USB 1.1 Keyboard and Mouse support
- TCP/IP stack with Loopback & Ethernet drivers
- Email/ftp/http/chess clients and ftp/mp3/http servers
- Hard real-time data fetch
- Fits on a single floppy, boots also from CD and USB drives
Last edited by Matrix on 25 Feb 2005, 04:01; edited 5 times in total
|07 Feb 2005, 08:35||
< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Copyright © 1999-2020, Tomasz Grysztar. Also on GitHub, YouTube, Twitter.
Website powered by rwasa.