flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Feedback > Russians...

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
THEWizardGenius

THEWizardGenius
Well I say we make a board that is for people who speak l337 5p34k. I think this would be a great addition to the forum, and would allow "true" hackers to communicate here Very Happy

Also, we should make a board in Teranzingyen, a language which I made up. There is exactly one Teranzingyen speaker in this universe- that's me. So clearly, we would all benefit from such a board so I can speak Teranzingyen (which as far as everyone else is concerned, is gibberish) and waste extra space.

Seriously, there are a lot of russian members, and you aren't the first to suggest a russian board. But since we all speak English, why not? You can speak Russian in another board, or in private messages between other Russian-speakers. Plus, if we make a russian board, we will make French, German, Spanish, Hungarian, Norwegian, Polish, Swedish, Finnish, Esperanto, and all the other languages. Then eventually we will have l337 5p34k and Teranzingyen boards too Wink
Also, if you speak a different language then you better have moderators who speak the language, or you can say whatever you want and they won't delete it. This is an English board, and although many people here speak <insert your favorite language here> most of us speak English, so if you don't like that too bad.

So as JohnFound said, It's not a bad idea, but not a good idea either.

There are assembly forums in russian if I remember right - such as http://www.wasm.ru/forum/ .
BTW, here's an example of the problems that generally occur when conversing in multiple languages on an English board. This thread was frozen http://board.flatassembler.net/topic.php?t=3571 because everyone was speaking in a different language. I asked the question (in Germenglish):
Quote:

How kan ve undterstandt vat everyvon is speking iff ze peopel are al speking in forren language? Very Happy

And decard closed the topic.
Post 08 Aug 2005, 21:20
RedGhost

RedGhost
liteonish wrote:
*cough* And Canada. Rolling Eyes

yeah there are a few of us Wink

THEWizardGenius wrote:
Well I say we make a board that is for people who speak l337 5p34k. I think this would be a great addition to the forum, and would allow "true" hackers to communicate here Very Happy

w0w 4m4z1/\/9 !|)34
Post 12 Aug 2005, 22:52
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
THEWizardGenius

THEWizardGenius
y34h rn7 1 4 g3n1u5. 1f j00 r l337 th3n j00 kn0w wh47 1 4m 54y1ng!!!

Flech! Yech! Mad

Some ants toot!
It's over!
Post 12 Aug 2005, 23:18
flaith

flaith
RedGhost wrote:
yeah there are a few of us Wink

And some Frenchy too Very Happy
(well my half part is Yugoslave Wink )

Post 13 Aug 2005, 11:51
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Aster!x

Aster!x
THEWizardGenius wrote:
There are assembly forums in russian if I remember right - such as http://www.wasm.ru/forum/ .

wasm.ru/forum has English thread
Why this forum can not have Russian thread in this case
Post 20 Dec 2005, 15:11
AsmER

AsmER
Hey Guys,

I think you forgot about something. WHO WROTE FASM?
-Some very smart polish person (I'm talking about Tomasz) so this forum should be in polish language.
I know a lot of people from Poland which aren't registered in any forum's but they are very good programmers.

However lets speak in universaly understand language x86 language Very Happy (I'm prefering 32bit addressing and IDEAL Mode Cool )

Post 26 Mar 2006, 00:35
kohlrak

kohlrak
oh oh oh, i know how we can solve this! Klingon! Klingon is simple, and since they don't exist, we can all learn Klingon and it would be equally prejudice and then a flame war won't break out about which country has more programmers and/or users in this community.

taH pagh taHbe'? yu' 'e'! De'wI' vIparHa'qu'! qatlh tlhIngan Hol vIparHa'? 'e' vISov. X'D
Post 24 Jul 2006, 22:31
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
JTG

JTG
Well probably Russian forum will not be... It is a pity certainly. Gee, I will then be dishonoured with my English Smile
Post 09 Aug 2007, 10:10
Picnic

Picnic
Let us not forget Ancient Greek as an alternative solution.. Razz
Post 10 Aug 2007, 08:57
Furby

Furby
A polacy Very Happy Polaków jest najwiecej Very Happy
Post 12 Aug 2007, 07:57
shoorick

shoorick
i think if somebody have great trouble in english, he can make topic and add "(Polish)" or "(Russian)" or similar to the title, and nobody will be angry if it will be not too often. If nobody of regular member will not answer - topic will be removed by moderator in short time, say, 3 days, does moderator understand written or not. think, there are members of enough many languages to notify moderator if there is something bad in non-english topic if it will appear.
Post 13 Aug 2007, 04:20
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel
We could create a section for every language spoken by the forum members, but what's the point when all of us can understand and write at the very least a little bit of english.
Non-Russian-speaking people would miss all the good posts.
It creates discrimination and the forum would become a virtual ghetto.
Post 13 Aug 2007, 08:47

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: