flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > I'm new here...

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
THEWizardGenius

THEWizardGenius
Hi! I tried FASM and I like it better than any other assembler I've ever used... and I like Assembly Language better than any other language I've ever used...

I just got started on a FASM operating system, just so y'all know (no, I'm NOT asking for help just yet... I want to see how far I can get on my own. So far I have a boot loader that displays a loading message and loads the file KERNAL.BIN...)

I've hung around this forum a while, and I've studied all sorts of manuals, so you won't get any RTFM questions from me. I will say that I'm only 13, and therefore do not know a lot of math yet, so I might ask how to do something that involves math I don't and won't understand until I'm older, but I won't ask and stupid questions like "what does MOV do" or "how do you add two numbers together" or "what is ax?" I hate those noobs that ask that kind of question... anyhow, thanks for providing a great Assembler, FASM, and you can expect some great code from who is probably the youngest FASM programmer. Smile

Some ants toot!
It's over!
Post 14 Jan 2005, 02:06
vbVeryBeginner

vbVeryBeginner
Quote:

but I won't ask and stupid questions like "what does MOV do" or "how do you add two numbers together" or "what is ax?" I hate those noobs that ask that kind of question... anyhow

i believe u are 13 Smile
Post 14 Jan 2005, 04:32
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Dr.X

Dr.X
I see you're out to make some freinds here... Rolling Eyes

Quote:

I hate those noobs that ask that kind of question...

Yeah! Let's kill the noobs. You hold them down while the rest of us beat them to death. Twisted Evil

Then, when all the noobs you didn't get around to killing are running the world, we can start a new club just for us noobie haters (but won't tell anyone that it's new bucause that would imply that we're new at running the club). We'll call it the "anti-noobie club" and only allow those who was NEVER new to anything, ever...

Wait a second, you were never new at anything, right? I mean, you were born with all that knowlege, weren't you? Because if you weren't, then you had to be a newbie at some time.

But I'm absolutly sure you were born with all the knowlege you'll need for the rest of your life, so that shouldn't be a problem. You should be the president of the anti-noobie club. I here by nominate THEWizardGenius for president of the anti-noob club!

Razz

-Dr.X

Last edited by Dr.X on 14 Jan 2005, 17:42; edited 1 time in total
Post 14 Jan 2005, 16:26
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Dr.X

Dr.X
vbVeryBeginner wrote:
Quote:

but I won't ask and stupid questions like "what does MOV do" or "how do you add two numbers together" or "what is ax?" I hate those noobs that ask that kind of question... anyhow

i believe u are 13 Smile

Yes. Quite obvious. Very Happy

-Dr.X
Post 14 Jan 2005, 16:32
JohnFound

JohnFound
Hi, THEWizardGenious. (what a good nick). Welcome.
You sounds pretty serious and that's good. Smile Maybe you will be of benefit for the community.
Only your attitude to the novice users is a little bit embarrassing.
But anyway, noone can charge you to answer to this kind of questions. Smile
One more time - welcome on board.

Regards.
Post 14 Jan 2005, 18:13
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
madmatt

madmatt
Hey!, Dr. X, Imagine if someone said those things to you when YOU were a noob, what you say or do? Twisted Evil
Post 15 Jan 2005, 09:45
Vortex

Vortex
THEWizardGenius,

Welcome to the board.

Post 15 Jan 2005, 10:06
Dr.X

Dr.X
madmatt wrote:
Hey!, Dr. X, Imagine if someone said those things to you when YOU were a noob, what you say or do? Twisted Evil

I guess you failed to detect sarcasm in my post.

-Dr.X
Post 15 Jan 2005, 12:23
vbVeryBeginner

vbVeryBeginner
btw, welcome you on board, hopefully you could help me with my programming problem later Smile

sincerely,
vbverybeginner
Post 15 Jan 2005, 19:15
THEWizardGenius

THEWizardGenius
Dr. X: I didn't say I hated noobs in general, I said I hated noobs that ask those RTFM questions. And I'm always willing to help 'em anyways.

I'm gonna write a tutorial for FASM when I'm not working on the OS; it'll take a while, but I'll send it to you people when I finish it.

And I was a noob once... "BASIC rules... oh wait, Pascal rules... oh wait, C rules... oh wait ASSEMBLY RULEZ!!!"

Some ants toot!
It's over!
Post 19 Jan 2005, 01:24
Dr.X

Dr.X
Quote:

LOL

Well, at least YOU get my sick sense of humor Smile
Quote:

And I'm always willing to help 'em anyways.

You better, after all that noobe hating you did... shame on you. Razz
Quote:

I'm gonna write a tutorial for FASM when I'm not working on the OS; it'll take a while, but I'll send it to you people when I finish it.

Good. That will be your penance for hating the new bees... you, you... new bee hater you!
Quote:

And I was a noob once... "BASIC rules...

Yes, it does. Smile I can't do anything without it. Very Happy

Welcome to the board. I hope we can learn a lot from you. I mean not the noob bashing thing, but the asm thing... you know.

have fun Wink

-Dr.X
Post 19 Jan 2005, 01:38

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: