flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Feedback > Stupid firewalls...

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
JohnFound

JohnFound
Stupid, Stupid firewalls!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
When I am on work, I am behind a firewall. I realized today, that the firewall stops every image that have "hot" in the filename. Including "hot" icons from the board. Sad
Post 17 Sep 2003, 12:59
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
scientica
Retired moderator

scientica
I think it's your sysadmin or BOFH* (if you've got bad luck) who has been kind(<- note: irony) enought to filter urls/uris, maybe this is a bad idea, but you culd ask you sysadmin or network responsible to exclude this site from the "hot-rule".

*) "Bastar Operator From Hell" - The kind of sysadmin that will delete your files when you ask for one more meg on the corp. network and say you've got plenty of free space now...

... a professor saying: "use this proprietary software to learn computer science" is the same as English professor handing you a copy of Shakespeare and saying: "use this book to learn Shakespeare without opening the book itself.
- Bradley Kuhn
Post 17 Sep 2003, 14:33
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
JohnFound

JohnFound
Unfortunately, the admins are somewhere in Germany (I am working in German factory in Bulgaria - Liebherr if you know it.) and I even don't know how to contact them. Here in Bugaria we have some IT department, but they only said: "I don't know, this proxy/firewall is in Germany..." But this is not the worst thing. They forbided whole .ru domain by unknown reason. This is the worst. Evil or Very Mad
Anyway, all this is simply tedious, not very harmful. Smile

regards.
Post 17 Sep 2003, 15:09
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
Blag

Blag
Well......here at my work.....almost every page is under the god damn "WebSense"......so i can't access my hotmail or my yahoo......and the worst thing, it's that i need a special username and password in order to get connected to the internet. Twisted Evil Lucky enough, i got two usernames and passwords, so when the first doen't work i got an alternative Twisted Evil

Mad But still the "WebSense" blocks my web life. Mad

I only know a way to pass it trough....but it sux.....and only let you see certain pages.....coz this crap, block every page of the domain......

Very Happy AT LEAST, AND HAPPY ENOUGH, I CAN LOG IN TO THE FORUM!!! Very Happy

Post 17 Sep 2003, 15:35

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: