flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Very HUGE Monitor Display for $20 ?

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Matrix

Matrix
i have a 21" now, but i just saw this on net,
i have entered monitor in google
have you been wondering what whould it be like to program with a 160" MONITOR?

i have not verified it yet, click it if you take their words true.

click HERE

what do you think? Smile

Last edited by Matrix on 19 Nov 2004, 07:43; edited 3 times in total
Post 19 Nov 2004, 04:33
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
JohnFound

JohnFound
Matrix wrote:
i have a 21" now, but i just saw this on net,
i have entered monitor in google
have you been wondering what whould it be like to program with a 160" MONITOR?
what do you think? Smile

IMHO, it is stupid deception. It is physicaly imposible, so please remove the link. Why to make advertisement of swindlers?

Regards.
Post 19 Nov 2004, 07:00
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
Matrix

Matrix
JohnFound wrote:

IMHO, it is stupid deception. It is physicaly imposible, so please remove the link. Why to make advertisement of swindlers?

i will verify it
if someone doesn't believe it don't click on it,
if someone has already tried it please post a review

ps.: these swindlers must be professionals, cause' they have a neat website, and they accept Paypal.
it is not impossibe? i saw some interesting thing already, have you heard of the 3.5" 100TB Floppy drive? its @ http://www.physorg.com/news785.html
and Texas Instruments announces new technologies in optical modulation too.
http://ti.com
intel new technologies (http://www.physorg.com/news987.html)
Code:
A significant milestone in developing next-generation chip manufacturing technology has been achieved by Intel Corporation. The company has built fully functional 70-megabit static random access memory (SRAM) chips with more than half a billion transistors using the world's most advanced 65 nanometer (nm) process technology. The achievement extends Intel's effort to drive the development of new manufacturing process technology every two years, in accordance with Moore's Law. 

Post 19 Nov 2004, 07:07
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
crc

crc
Post 19 Nov 2004, 09:41
Matrix

Matrix
Smile thank you crc
now i see
here's ASHLEY4 's signature too Smile
Some assembly required

so its not a fake right?
i hope if i adjust gamma i can easily make a good Projector Smile
i don't mind if monitor won1t live long, its way better to watch a film in 160" no?
Post 19 Nov 2004, 10:35
crc

crc
If your monitor/tv is bright enough, it should work pretty well. Though I would keep it away from windows and bright overhead lights. Smile
Post 19 Nov 2004, 10:58
Matrix

Matrix
i have some cathode tubes burned in a little in stock, i don't think it whould project the burn in's Smile so their use might be solved?
Post 19 Nov 2004, 11:02
bubach

bubach
Quote:
Try it completely risk free for a full 15 days and if you are not 100% satisfied we'll refund your entire purchase, no questions asked!

it should be safe to test, otherwise u can always sue them.. Smile
If you test it please post a review, as i am thinking of buying it..
i don´t mind watching movies in a light-free room, or having my screen upside-down.. Wink
Post 19 Nov 2004, 11:20
Matrix

Matrix
btw i have just noticed that fresnel lence is used in cheap red laser pointers too
http://science.howstuffworks.com/framed.htm?parent=question244.htm&url=http://www.lanternroom.com/misc/freslens.htm
Post 19 Nov 2004, 11:29
bubach

bubach
Maybe we could build our own 175" projectors without buying their stuff? Smile
Post 19 Nov 2004, 11:31
Matrix

Matrix
bubach wrote:
Quote:
Try it completely risk free for a full 15 days and if you are not 100% satisfied we'll refund your entire purchase, no questions asked!

it should be safe to test, otherwise u can always sue them.. Smile
If you test it please post a review, as i am thinking of buying it..
i don´t mind watching movies in a light-free room, or having my screen upside-down.. Wink

hey, your screen won't be upside down, you turn your monitor or TV upside down, that flips the image Smile
Post 19 Nov 2004, 11:34
Matrix

Matrix
bubach wrote:
Maybe we could build our own 175" projectors without buying their stuff? Smile

no, its rather a complicated task to construct a fresnel lence, i just read the decriptions, but its cheap for $20 no?

btw.: if you turn your monitor upside down you should put at least a ventilator in it, cause' it was probably designed to be put on bottom ( advanced can use larger heat sinks for example, and if there aren't any holes in new top, then they should be there this will increase lifetime )
Post 19 Nov 2004, 11:35
bubach

bubach
Quote:
hey, your screen won't be upside down, you turn your monitor or TV upside down, that flips the image
thats what i meant.. Smile
Post 19 Nov 2004, 12:12
pelaillo
Missing in inaction

pelaillo
It is a fake. I've read a lot of comments on internet about this kind of trick. If you want to loose your $20, go ahead and then tell us about it.

As per JohnFound's advice, it is phisically impossible. You will need an extremely brilliant monitor in order to see at least a perceptible image.

My advice: google it a little more to see non-faken comments about the matter.
Post 19 Nov 2004, 13:58
Matrix

Matrix
pelaillo wrote:
It is a fake. I've read a lot of comments on internet about this kind of trick. If you want to loose your $20, go ahead and then tell us about it.

As per JohnFound's advice, it is phisically impossible. You will need an extremely brilliant monitor in order to see at least a perceptible image.

My advice: google it a little more to see non-faken comments about the matter.

sorry to quote you, but you're probably wrong now, as i mentioned before $2 red laser pointer is not a real laser pointer either, it uses a special lence to focus the beam, something like that will be if you use that projector thing, of course, you won't see anything if you put a white paper in front of your monitor, this is not the case, the elecromagnetic field emmitted by your monitor will be transformed to be colliminated (if i describe this right in english).
oh, don't look at the comments, you know they can sell it easier if they remove negative comments, and who guarantees to you if the negative comment isn't a fake?
Post 19 Nov 2004, 16:48
JohnFound

JohnFound
OK, let we make some calculations. If you use your 21" monitor, the increasing ratio of the size will be 165"/21" = 7.86; The area ratio is 7.86^2 = 61, 78
The light energy emited from your monitor will remains the same, but now this light will be distributed on area 61,78 times bigger in the moment when the light touches the wall. If the wall reflects 100% of the light to your eyes, then you will see the image with approx 62 times lower brightness.
But this is not all. Even very good lens have some factor of absorption - let assume, the lenses let pass 90% of the light (probably this is optimistic assumption). There are 2 lens in this constuction, so we have total factor: 0.9*0.9 = 0.81; Another 50% will be absorbed from the wall. So, at the end we have 0.81 * 0.5 = 0.4 and the total brightness of the image will be 154 times lower than the original image of your monitor. ( 61.78/0.4 )
And note that this calculations are with 21" monitor that is pretty big and probably not very cheap (cheap monitors have as a rule lower brightness).
Also, you have to use new monitor, because the brightness of the monitor tube vastly decreases after several years of work.
If you want to use smaller monitor for example 15" the first calculated ratio (about areas) will be as far as double worse: (165"/15")^2 = 121 and the total brightness will be 302 times lower.

So, as a result, you probably will get some image on the wall, but the quality of this image will be pretty bad with very low brightness.

The real projectors uses special CRT tubes with really very, very big brightness. These types of tubes emites great amount of x-rays (although they are not big problem, because the screen can't reflect x-rays back to the spectator) and have very short life - approximately 1000 hours. That is the main reason that the novadays projectors uses completly another principles of work - LCD displays and powerfull halogen lamps.
Nevertheless, the brightness of all projectors is lower than the brightness of even bad CRT monitor and there are special high efficient screens reflecting 80..90% of the light back to the spectators in order to make everything working in partially lit rooms.

Regards
Post 19 Nov 2004, 22:38
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
ASHLEY4

ASHLEY4
How about you take a old Overhead Projector, about £35, from ebay, than you get a 14" 2ndhand TFT Display, about £100, take the back off the TFT, put the TFT screen were the teachs write, maybe stick in more powerfull bulbs.
And there you have avery cheap projector tv Cool.
For £150.

\\\\||////
(@@)
ASHLEY4.

Batteries not included, Some assembly required.

Last edited by ASHLEY4 on 04 Dec 2004, 16:18; edited 1 time in total
Post 20 Nov 2004, 02:43
Matrix

Matrix
JohnFound wrote:
OK, let we make some calculations. If you use your 21" monitor, the increasing ratio of the size will be 165"/21" = 7.86; The area ratio is 7.86^2 = 61, 78
The light energy emited from your monitor will remains the same, but now this light will be distributed on area 61,78 times bigger in the moment when the light touches the wall. If the wall reflects 100% of the light to your eyes, then you will see the image with approx 62 times lower brightness.
But this is not all. Even very good lens have some factor of absorption - let assume, the lenses let pass 90% of the light (probably this is optimistic assumption). There are 2 lens in this constuction, so we have total factor: 0.9*0.9 = 0.81; Another 50% will be absorbed from the wall. So, at the end we have 0.81 * 0.5 = 0.4 and the total brightness of the image will be 154 times lower than the original image of your monitor. ( 61.78/0.4 )
And note that this calculations are with 21" monitor that is pretty big and probably not very cheap (cheap monitors have as a rule lower brightness).
Also, you have to use new monitor, because the brightness of the monitor tube vastly decreases after several years of work.
If you want to use smaller monitor for example 15" the first calculated ratio (about areas) will be as far as double worse: (165"/15")^2 = 121 and the total brightness will be 302 times lower.

So, as a result, you probably will get some image on the wall, but the quality of this image will be pretty bad with very low brightness.

The real projectors uses special CRT tubes with really very, very big brightness. These types of tubes emites great amount of x-rays (although they are not big problem, because the screen can't reflect x-rays back to the spectator) and have very short life - approximately 1000 hours. That is the main reason that the novadays projectors uses completly another principles of work - LCD displays and powerfull halogen lamps.
Nevertheless, the brightness of all projectors is lower than the brightness of even bad CRT monitor and there are special high efficient screens reflecting 80..90% of the light back to the spectators in order to make everything working in partially lit rooms.

Regards

Smile i see you like to calculate too, but you didn't see my monitors at night yet, even 14" with low brightness makes light in my 6x5 room, and clean white wall's usually reflect back 81% of the light,
lets say, your eyes are not seeing linear, what do you say, if i tell you if you turn up intensity, so you're saying its about 2x more, and if you measure it it will be ~4x more? your eye's aren't absolute linear, and if you stay in the dark for a few hours, your ee gets used to the dark, ang adjusting sensitivity.
i say even if it had 62 times less stilb you could see the picture projected on the wall.
your ears ain't linear either. they're logarithmic, sound pressure can be represented by dB
ps.: i will try it.

ASHLEY4 LOL Very Happy
is it gonna work for a few 1000 hours?
maeby i should try it?
Post 20 Nov 2004, 07:14
fasm9

fasm9
Matrix wrote:
i saw some interesting thing already, have you heard of the 3.5" 100TB Floppy drive? its @ http://www.physorg.com/news785.html
and Texas Instruments announces new technologies in optical modulation too.
http://ti.com
intel new technologies (http://www.physorg.com/news987.html)

Thanks for the link.

so, here is mine.
electronic eye for the blind.
http://www.iop.org/news/851

--
i wonder why "eye" is, not "eyes"..
Post 20 Nov 2004, 08:13
Matrix

Matrix
hy Fasm9
i guess they couldn't seperate left and right eye image Smile

btw.: i asked some high educated people about this $20 thingy

http://forum.physorg.com/index.php?showtopic=640
Post 20 Nov 2004, 09:31

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: