flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > The Meaning of Life

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Vortex



Joined: 17 Jun 2003
Posts: 318
Vortex
Jacques,

If have survival mechanisms as you said, your existence must to have some meaning. Smile

_________________
Code it... That's all...
Post 10 Nov 2004, 10:33
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Eoin



Joined: 16 Jun 2003
Posts: 68
Location: Ireland
Eoin
Vortex, generally when people are talking about a meaning of life they want a meaning beyond biological ones. Its a search for a spiritual meaning Smile
Post 10 Nov 2004, 14:57
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Vortex



Joined: 17 Jun 2003
Posts: 318
Vortex
Eoin,

You cannot think spiritual meaning without biological ones or vice versa. Spirit, energy or whatever you say must leave in peace with the body. Not to misunderstood me, I am not adopting a religious point of view but just like Einstein said, there must be a great force/energy/meaning or whatever you say, demonstrating itself behind the harmony and beauty of the universe.

If you ever read the famous novel "Contact" by Carl Sagan, you will realise the competition between scientific and moral perspectives adopted by different peoples. If you someone is going to say me that "there is no meaning" , I should say him that the mental capacities of human being is yet far from a %90-95 ( or even lesser ) to discover a lot of secrets of cosmos.

_________________
Code it... That's all...
Post 10 Nov 2004, 16:11
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
wanderer



Joined: 18 Jun 2003
Posts: 44
Location: Moldova, Kishinev
wanderer
Vortex wrote:
If there is no any meaning of life, what's keeping you up instead of throwing yourself out of the window? At least, your life has a meaning for you, no?

IMHO the right question should be: what makes people throw themselves out of window? If you are in a good health in all senses, there should be no reason to do such a things.

_________________
Best regards,
Antoch Victor
Post 11 Nov 2004, 11:48
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
Vortex



Joined: 17 Jun 2003
Posts: 318
Vortex
wanderer,

Humans throw themselves out of window when there is no any meaning to leave anymore. Anyway, I accept that that it was an extreme statement, read my previous post about trying to discover the meaning of life.

_________________
Code it... That's all...
Post 11 Nov 2004, 16:58
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
How many of these members are still active on this forum?

We come and go. That's the meaning of life.

Rolling Eyes
Post 09 Sep 2009, 10:31
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MHajduk



Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 6038
Location: Poland
MHajduk
Hmm... vbVeryBeginner is still very active here, however he is known under quite different nick. I'm sure that you know very well this author of many 'philosophically-oriented' threads. Wink
Post 09 Sep 2009, 10:37
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8999
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
i found some more meaning of life,
it is all cause and effect then consequences.
everyone is changing the whole population everyday.

and who are you is what you think you are now. at this moment. the values you hold. (my current understanding)
Post 09 Sep 2009, 10:41
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source


Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Posts: 17450
Location: In your JS exploiting you and your system
revolution
Well since this topic seems to have been resurrected I guess it is okay for me to post.

I don't understand why people think that life needs to have any meaning. Maybe there is no meaning and the people that "search" for it are just wasting their time? Certainly if after all these millennia people still have not found it then I suggest that it doesn't exist, and not to waste time searching any more. Just be happy and forget about trying to find meaning in everything. Life is too short to be worried about things, enjoy it while you can.
Post 09 Sep 2009, 10:49
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8999
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
i don't feel so, because eventually, we will die one day.

the people who search for the meaning is more likely are the group of people who want to prepare for their death. to know the life after death before dying.

maybe life doesn't has any meaning, but, what if death is a continuality, are we going to continue as "I" without any purpose or idea or etc??? just exists either on earth or after death without any idea??? think about it..
Post 09 Sep 2009, 10:57
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source


Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Posts: 17450
Location: In your JS exploiting you and your system
revolution
Life after death? Hehe, I suggest it is another myth of the human mind. However, if you can prove it then I will believe you.
Post 09 Sep 2009, 11:08
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8999
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
Quote:

I suggest it is another myth of the human mind.

well, it is not.

Quote:

However, if you can prove it then I will believe you.

the idea is, you shouldn't believe me.
even if i could prove it to you.

we should hold the "values" that we want to hold based on our experience, enlightening and so on.
what i could do is probably helping, assisting during the journey.
there is nothing wrong & right, it just cause and effects. no sin no rewards either.

perhaps, if everybody got 3rd eyes, things would get easier... probably.
Post 09 Sep 2009, 12:59
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source


Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Posts: 17450
Location: In your JS exploiting you and your system
revolution
sleepsleep wrote:
the idea is, you shouldn't believe me.
even if i could prove it to you.
Oh no, if you can prove then I should believe (with) you. If I don't believe something that is properly proved then I would be denying all that science stands for. Incontrovertible proof should never be discounted. Truth is truth no matter how much it might hurt to accept it sometimes.

However you have to prove it first, until then ...
Post 09 Sep 2009, 13:22
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8999
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
hmmm..
if let say, i put one person who could manipulate his chakra to shows up different colors, and i let 5 person who got third eyes to watch him at a distant, then 5 of them write down the colors that he shows. and if what they wrote are same, would that prove anything?

i mean, there are certainly something beyond physical seen, there are something which are unseen by our common eyes.

or what if we tell the person who could manipulate chakra to shows his chakra color based on what we want (for test purpose) then the 5 (those who got third-eye) write down what color they seen..?

would that prove anything beyond physical world?

and what if 5 of them travel to an unseen world and tell us what they saw.. and 5 of them see the same environment... beyond physical world?

or let say, using the third eye to astra travel to certain location on earth and tell you what is happening there..

would it prove anything?

so, how you want me to prove ? based on your requirement... that you would accept after you verify it?
Post 09 Sep 2009, 14:16
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source


Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Posts: 17450
Location: In your JS exploiting you and your system
revolution
Have a look at Randi's website to see how paranormal tests should be properly conducted. Especially look for the $1 million challenge. If you can really prove this stuff then take the million, don't waste your time on this forum. Wink

People "seeing" things that are self reported is not proof of anything. People demonstrating things that are reproducable by independent testers is often a good way to prove things.
Post 09 Sep 2009, 14:34
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Borsuc



Joined: 29 Dec 2005
Posts: 2466
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Borsuc
revolution wrote:
Maybe there is no meaning and the people that "search" for it are just wasting their time?
If life has no meaning, everything is a waste of time.
revolution wrote:
Life is too short to be worried about things, enjoy it while you can.
So the meaning of life is to enjoy it? You just said it. Rolling Eyes


oh and btw those who mix up proof with "repeatability" should go back to math class and see what a proof really is -- and why it is impossible, by definition, in science. (because science REQUIRES that it is "updated" as new data comes, and proof can't be "updated", it's either true forever or it wasn't proof to begin with)

Randi is a bit arrogant don't you think?
Randi wrote:
With due deference to the authority of the Mayo Clinic, I will state that I have met - quite recently - fully-qualified, licensed, practicing physicians who have endorsed or at least tolerated various aspects of quackery - especially acupuncture. Though innocently presented, such professional opinions originate in benign ignorance. Never assume malice when incompetence will do.
I'd like to see his all-knowing omnipotent God-like opinion (I mean, absolute truth) on assembly programming also...

Did you even read what he writes? Is he a journalist? The only quackery here is his arrogance.

This is a reason I posted this. People like him do not have the authority to even USE the word close-minded or open-minded. Period.

_________________
Previously known as The_Grey_Beast
Post 09 Sep 2009, 14:42
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source


Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Posts: 17450
Location: In your JS exploiting you and your system
revolution
Mathematics-proof != science-proof.

You can't apply the same criteria to both, they mean different things in each field.
Post 09 Sep 2009, 14:49
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Borsuc



Joined: 29 Dec 2005
Posts: 2466
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Borsuc
Because scientific proof isn't "proof", at best it is just current observable evidence Razz
Post 09 Sep 2009, 14:50
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source


Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Posts: 17450
Location: In your JS exploiting you and your system
revolution
Yeah, sometimes Randi gets a bit too much, I won't say all that is there is good, but the $1 million challenge is a good procedure to follow next time someone claims to have "seen god" or seen whatever.
Post 09 Sep 2009, 14:52
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8999
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
if randi willing to come malaysia, perhaps i could help him to prove the unseen world. but.. would him??
Post 09 Sep 2009, 14:57
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic Reply to topic

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules:
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Copyright © 1999-2020, Tomasz Grysztar. Also on YouTube, Twitter.

Website powered by rwasa.