flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > The Meaning of Life

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
edfed

edfed
what if :

an even number is divided by 2, an odd number is multiplied by 3, minus 1.

i will name it 3x-1.

then, i invented a brand new conjecture, enough to occupy "scientist" for decades.

i think there are longer flights than the Collatz one, cause variation between odd and even is smaller than with collatz. gnarf!!!
Post 08 Jun 2012, 17:47
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
YONG wrote:
If you cannot find any tangible meaning for your life, try solving (proving/disproving) the following conjecture:

Collatz conjecture
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collatz_conjecture

Then you have the rest of your life occupied!

Wink

why they want to disprove it?

unless we can find a number that result ODD then ODD then ODD keep on increase 3n+1

but since (ODD * 3) + 1 will always result EVEN number, so basically, all will back to number 1.
Post 08 Jun 2012, 18:54
edfed

edfed
i tested my (ODD*3-1; EVEN/2), and it gives loops.

but to return to the Meaning of life question...

i have some theories, not thoses still expressed here, but far more difficult to explain or aboard with simple words.

basically, life have no meaning for the universe, but the universe itself is a life form, where everything is part of it's body. at our scale, it seems very huge, and atoms seems very little.
at the atom scale, we are very big. at ant scale too.

so big that ants dont see us like we see them. the earth see us like we see micro-organisms.

for the galaxy, the solar system is just a single dot.

mathematics and computing are the direct application of this Scale vision.
we can handle very complex elements with just a single variable.
we can analyse the content of this single dot, but from an external point of view, the more complex thing is just a dot.
universe also is just a dot.
this dot is 1.
everything inside this dot is 0.
how many 0 in 1?
1/0=oo

infinite i the meaning of life.
the life is a part of the infinite.
the death too.
the creation, destruction, stable states, and all theses various concepts are part of infinite.
and in an infinite world, everything is possible. from a black hole, to a dirty woman. from a quiet peacefull vacum to a destructive war. from an indefinitelly empty world to a very short chaotic life.

then, we are just one more 0 in this infinite 1.

the dot is 1, the content of this one can be discomposed as we want.

currently, we are living in a human world, where human law is the only allowed interactive game. this game is polluting our brain, and discourage us to find higher spiritual states.

we spend our young life to seek the love is some purelly instinctive sexual relationships, then, we are old enough to reconsider this need, and finally, we can maybe find the peace when we are close to death.

meaning of life?

life have no meaning at all. if life have a meaning, seek at L in the dictionary.

life is an unstable mechanism, forced to fight against the natural stabilisation of various chemical and mechanical phenomenon like oxydation and gravity.
Post 09 Jun 2012, 12:55
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
well said Smile edfed

Quote:

i tested my (ODD*3-1; EVEN/2), and it gives loops.

i doubt it will results loops. :p

it seems it is looping at 68, 34, 17 Laughing
Post 09 Jun 2012, 19:05
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
nice tube for fasmers

Alan Watts ☮ The Way of Waking Up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7blUYJm6i-c

who you are? why you ask?
Post 13 Jun 2012, 14:14
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
we always try to show others, ourselves that we are better, we know more, we are more expert, we are connected to who and who, we are president best friends, we got more money, we got better family, we are more superior, we are more enlightened and etc more.

we probably spend our whole life time trying to impress others people, trying to win when compare,

how are these behaviours different from animal spraying, Laughing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Territory_(animal) wrote:

Spraying (also known as territorial marking) is behavior used by animals to identify their territory.
Post 13 Jun 2012, 22:16
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
microscopic view of human skin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdKlmyfp5_w

you got to wonder, wtf with all these terrain, simply amazing, maybe use our whole life time to navigate our own body terrain.

Paramecium Internal Detail 800X.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eTiPdqgYRc

The Unseen: Videos from the Microscope Imaging Station
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UtrKvFAnFE

wtf with all these creatures Laughing
Post 14 Jun 2012, 07:19
AsmGuru62

AsmGuru62
These are nanites from SG-1.
Post 14 Jun 2012, 15:23
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
i just thought of this,

if let say you are very rich,
you got lots of money, resources and etc.

then there got lots of human, they are so damn ignorant, they don't want to work or anything, but they want to eat, they want to spend, they want all the latest gadgets, they want to fuck and make babies, but they don't want to contribute anything back, they are like parasite.

now how you gonna deal with them?
Post 19 Jun 2012, 21:22
edfed

edfed
i would pay them just to see them eating their shit.

let say, i give 1000€ to someone able to eat his shit, i take a shoot, and print it very big on a wall in a big town.

i can also invest in some energetical researches, and explore theories about perpetual motion or nano energy capture.

or i can also buy a big land, build a perfect village on it, and select people to enter this new country.

i can also buy weapons, and try to kill everybody who have more money than me.

etc...
Post 19 Jun 2012, 21:48
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
Quote:

i would pay them just to see them eating their shit.

let say, i give 1000� to someone able to eat his shit, i take a shoot, and print it very big on a wall in a big town.

cool!! Smile
Post 19 Jun 2012, 23:47
YONG

YONG
To this hero, the meaning of life was to put others before himself. Crying or Very sad

An essay has been written to honor this hero. Refer to this.

Wink
Post 20 Jun 2012, 10:41
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
how to live this life,
how we choose to exists,
how we project our own self,
how we view our own self,
are far more important than what is the meaning of this life.
Post 01 Jul 2012, 15:23
edfed

edfed
life have no meaning at all.

universe itself have n,o meaning.

only human beings are able to imagine some meanings to something created just to be there.
the universe itself have no meaning, the sun, the earth, and all theses things have no meaning.

it don't means that human actions have no meaning, it just mean that the natural context have no meaning at all.

we can invent our meaning to our lives.

but this meaning cannot come from a higher source, it is like if the meaning of ant life was to save the world. in a way, their role is purelly natural, there are ressources for ants, then, the first ant live very well, enough to create many more ants.

if ressources were so limited that we cannot live, then, no more reason to be there, and that the end.

nature is an auto balanced machanism. every thing tend to a sort of stability. some animals are able to do things, some plants too, and togheter, they will make an ecosystem possible, there is no meaning, just a fact. ressources are there, then, consummers are there too.

bear eat fish, fly eat bear shit, fish eat fly, bear eat fish...

it is a circle (see the lion king, disney Laughing)
Post 01 Jul 2012, 23:10
YONG

YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
how to live this life,
how we choose to exists,
Well said. Wink
Post 02 Jul 2012, 09:43
YONG

YONG
edfed wrote:
life have no meaning at all.

universe itself have n,o meaning.

it is a circle.
The end is the beginning; the beginning is ... the beginning! Laughing Wink
Post 02 Jul 2012, 09:47
edfed

edfed
YONG wrote:
sleepsleep wrote:
how to live this life,
how we choose to exists,
Well said. Wink

yep.

what we dream about is more important than why the sun is here or how works the economy, but babylon system is something like a formating program, made to change humans in machines, with no meaning at all.
Post 02 Jul 2012, 10:15

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: