flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > The Meaning of Life

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
vbVeryBeginner



Joined: 15 Aug 2004
Posts: 884
Location: \\world\asia\malaysia
vbVeryBeginner
Like the above subject, the article is included in .rtf format file.


Description: .rtf format file
Download
Filename: the_meaning_of_life.rar
Filesize: 4.06 KB
Downloaded: 371 Time(s)

Post 06 Nov 2004, 07:58
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Eoin



Joined: 16 Jun 2003
Posts: 68
Location: Ireland
Eoin
Rhetorical nonsense Rolling Eyes
Post 06 Nov 2004, 12:27
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
vbVeryBeginner



Joined: 15 Aug 2004
Posts: 884
Location: \\world\asia\malaysia
vbVeryBeginner
from the file wrote:

Different people have different meaning of life and there is NOT only ONE answer for the meaning of life. There are a lot of answer for the question but some answer score less compare to others. Example, I ask you 5 + 10 = ?, you might answer me 15, but at the same time you got to realize that, it is absolutely correct if I said it is below 20, or it is above 5 or it would be a positive result.
Post 07 Nov 2004, 14:46
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
JohnFound



Joined: 16 Jun 2003
Posts: 3500
Location: Bulgaria
JohnFound
from the file wrote:
I ask you 5 + 10 = ?


Quote:
, you might answer me 15,


Right

Quote:
but at the same time you got to realize that, it is absolutely correct if I said it is below 20, or it is above 5 or it would be a positive result.


Wrong. The sign "=" simply excludes answers like these.

Regards.
Post 07 Nov 2004, 15:39
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
vbVeryBeginner



Joined: 15 Aug 2004
Posts: 884
Location: \\world\asia\malaysia
vbVeryBeginner
Quote:

Wrong. The sign "=" simply excludes answers like these.

like i said, it is answer :p
Post 07 Nov 2004, 16:16
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vbVeryBeginner



Joined: 15 Aug 2004
Posts: 884
Location: \\world\asia\malaysia
vbVeryBeginner
i mean, like u said, they are answers Smile

and what is the different = and == ?
Post 08 Nov 2004, 09:16
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
JohnFound



Joined: 16 Jun 2003
Posts: 3500
Location: Bulgaria
JohnFound
Read it carefully. There was said:
Quote:
...it is absolutely correct if I said it...


If you use equal sign in the question "=" it is neither "absolutely" nor "correct" the answer of type "less than".
Yes there are many possible answers of this question, but the right answer is only one, and it is absolutely true. (Of course I assume we understand the question properly, because if the question is ambiguous, right answer is imposible.)
btw: The half of the answer is to ask proper and exact question. IMHO, if some "very complex" question allows two or more "proper" answers, that simply means that the question is ambiguous and wrong by itself. Of course it is very very hard to ask proper questions.

Regards.
Post 08 Nov 2004, 09:31
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
Vortex



Joined: 17 Jun 2003
Posts: 318
Vortex
The meaning of life?
Energy.

_________________
Code it... That's all...
Post 08 Nov 2004, 11:15
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Eoin



Joined: 16 Jun 2003
Posts: 68
Location: Ireland
Eoin
Much and all as I disagree with most of the contents of the article I agree with the bit JohnFound seems to have problems with. 5 + 10 = ? is a positive result and hence it is correct to say its a positive value. Form an English point of view for something to be "correct" it needs only be "not wrong". In fact from a math side there are many many times when showing something is positive is more than enough and an exact answer isn't needed.

While I'm here I'll also note my main complaint with the article, it claims to be logical when in fact its far from it. It starts at an arbitary point and heads off in a particular direction. Maybe once heading in that direction the steps are made logically but no where does it attempt to justify its starting position and chosen direction. It should at very least state its assumptions at the start (assumptions like for example that is better to exercise control than live a life ruled by desire) These may seem obvious to the author but not everyone will share those notions and unless the author states his/her biases at the start the article isn't logical at all.

Also the article claims to be about The meaning of Life when it really just uses that to lure readers into a discussion about God, which is very very sinister indeed Mad .
Post 08 Nov 2004, 16:37
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
vbVeryBeginner



Joined: 15 Aug 2004
Posts: 884
Location: \\world\asia\malaysia
vbVeryBeginner
to : everybody,
just want to appologive if my article had got you "mad" because it was not intended to get people mad when it is written.

i thought i had justified my starting position and choosen direction.

zero based index

para1. i started by saying human only willing to accept logical answers.
para2. i said there is not only one answer for the question.
para3. i said we human are small, unable to comprehend everything
para4. i said babies crawl before they could stand and run and we are talking about human life, so it is impossible to understand life without understand human.
para5. i said we need to understand the componets in our own to understand our own real self.
para6. i discuss about the mind power and desire
para9. i said, we could only know when we set ourself to do it

if you notice here, there are 4 crlf before i started the next paragraph

from file wrote:

Hey, you might sound, why I didn't talk about the meaning of life? while, my answer is, after you realized yourself and you realized why you need to believe in a God then you would find yourself having some small pictures of what is the meaning of life.


eg.
an adult who realized himself and believe in a God compare with a baby who haven't realized himself and just learning to stand. Of course this adult undestands more about the meaning of life compare with this baby :p

sincerely
sulaiman chang
Post 08 Nov 2004, 23:22
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Jaques



Joined: 07 Jun 2004
Posts: 79
Location: Everywhere
Jaques
Finding meaning in a thing is only needed to give motivation. There is no meaning.. we are the product of causes. We exist because we do. A God to me makes no sense, the purpose is your own. Humans are so high level they can appear to be beyond comprehesion...
Post 09 Nov 2004, 01:59
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
vbVeryBeginner



Joined: 15 Aug 2004
Posts: 884
Location: \\world\asia\malaysia
vbVeryBeginner
how do it exists because it does if the existance is the product of causes?
Post 09 Nov 2004, 09:09
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Matrix



Joined: 04 Sep 2004
Posts: 1171
Location: Overflow
Matrix
The meaning of your life is what you want it to be.
Post 09 Nov 2004, 12:15
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Eoin



Joined: 16 Jun 2003
Posts: 68
Location: Ireland
Eoin
vbVeryBeginner, I'm not really mad (though the smilie suggested so) in fact I don't even disagree with most of your logic. But I do thibk the article is biased and I think you should have been more honest to your readers about those biases. That would leave them freer the make up their own mind.
Post 09 Nov 2004, 16:23
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Vortex



Joined: 17 Jun 2003
Posts: 318
Vortex
Jaques wrote:
Finding meaning in a thing is only needed to give motivation. There is no meaning.. we are the product of causes. We exist because we do. A God to me makes no sense, the purpose is your own. Humans are so high level they can appear to be beyond comprehesion...


Jacques,

If there is no any meaning of life, what's keeping you up instead of throwing yourself out of the window? At least, your life has a meaning for you, no?

_________________
Code it... That's all...
Post 09 Nov 2004, 17:16
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
asmdemon



Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Posts: 97
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
asmdemon
I first must make it clear that i do not wish to sway others thoughts and feelings on this issue, mearly to state my own.

Choice. This is the start of life; without it, no life would exist. Everyone exists due to a choice they themself have made, or others have made for them. These choices can be based on anything from financial situations, to the results of a game of cards.

Desire. This is the motivation to continue with the life you have. There is something in us that decides to keep living for one reason or another. Otherwise, we would end our life.

God. This is the factor of life required by some, and called differently by many. Some belive that without God, there would be no existance. Others don't belive such a thing exists.

The meaning of life is to live it at your choosing. To strive for your desires, and to do it in a manner that pleases you or your God, if you have one. You have the can give up your life whenever you want, it's your CHOICE. But, your DESIRES are what keep you alive. They may be as simple as 'not wanting to die'.

To quote a writer whom I find inspirational, Richard Bach, from his book, Illusions, "The world is your exercise book, the pages on which you do your sums. It is not reality, although you can express reality there if you wish. You are also free to write nonsense, or lies, or to tear the pages.
Post 09 Nov 2004, 22:24
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vbVeryBeginner



Joined: 15 Aug 2004
Posts: 884
Location: \\world\asia\malaysia
vbVeryBeginner
to: eion
all the images are disabled in my browser, so the img alt text looks so obvious :p yup, maybe i am a little bit bias :p (as you suggested) but my actually intention is to share.

i guess more point of view is great, at least others could see the problem where we couldn't see.

how about an article by you about the meaning of life? so we could share Smile

Quote:

what's keeping you up instead of throwing yourself out of the window?

i guess it is "hope", people suicide because they lost their hope already, or they really believe "they would get something from XYZ" after their death therefore they have no fear of death.


just remembered some bombed scenes on fallujah,
sometime, it really breaks my heart to see such scene on tv coz people already not cherish the life of others.
we just brought our civilization to a new low point
Post 09 Nov 2004, 22:58
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vbVeryBeginner



Joined: 15 Aug 2004
Posts: 884
Location: \\world\asia\malaysia
vbVeryBeginner
i dont know if anybody agree with the reality that "we couldn't think before we think"

i believe limitted choose power is given to human so we could choose (based on our intelligent, desire and ... factors)

Richard Bach wrote:

"The world is your exercise book, the pages on which you do your sums. It is not reality, although you can express reality there if you wish. You are also free to write nonsense, or lies, or to tear the pages."

i like this Smile

one of my favourite author is Andrew Matthews with his book "Follow Your Heart" ISBN 0 646 31066 6

The Ten Concepts
1. We are here to learn leassons, and the world is our teacher.
2. The universe has no favourites.
3. Your life is a perfect reflection of your beliefs.
4. The moment you get too attached to things, people, money ... you screw it up.
5. What you focus on in life expands.
6. Follow your heart!
7. God is never going to come down from a cloud and say: "You now have permission to be successful"
8. When you fight life, life always win.
9. How do you love people? Just accept them.
10. Our mission in life is not to change the world-our mission is to change ourselves.
Post 09 Nov 2004, 23:23
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Jaques



Joined: 07 Jun 2004
Posts: 79
Location: Everywhere
Jaques
What is the point of my life?

It is a simple fact that live because i do not want to die... I am human and have survival mechanisms. We are made of matter.
Post 10 Nov 2004, 00:23
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
bubach



Joined: 17 Sep 2004
Posts: 340
Location: Trollhättan, Sweden
bubach
I live to have as much fun as possible before i die.
And possible to take Bill Gates out of buisness? Wink
Post 10 Nov 2004, 08:00
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic Reply to topic

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules:
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Copyright © 1999-2020, Tomasz Grysztar.

Powered by rwasa.