flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > The Elections

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Jaques

Jaques
The elections....Bush has won another term... We have to live with 4 more years... no fun

Post 05 Nov 2004, 01:06
vbVeryBeginner

vbVeryBeginner
now people have choose
[strike]and God has a reason to punish[/strike]
and God has one more reason to punish

Last edited by vbVeryBeginner on 05 Nov 2004, 07:44; edited 1 time in total
Post 05 Nov 2004, 03:23
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
comrade

comrade
The Erections
Post 05 Nov 2004, 05:25
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
scientica
Retired moderator

scientica
The elections, well (positive thinkning), at least this time the candiate who won actually got the majority of the total amount of voters (around 3 million more in total), and they got a "high" participation level in the election, so I guess that's good.
But to quote a friend who lives in the states "who ever win we loose".

Odd isn't it, the rest of the world are more or less bothered with the election over there, while eg elections such as in Ukraina was just give a fraction of the time in the news (I wonder if it even was mentioned in eg the UK, USA, etc). But I guess USA beeing the "last super power" (I wonder what happens when China "wakes up"), I just hope Bush will at least consider re-joining the "Kyoto protocoll" and at least evesdrop at Europe, and I wonder, he's started two wars to "solve problems", I wonder if he'll start two more, one to fuse a split nation and one to create one country... (oh wait, he'll probably not do the first, he don't want to wake China, and the second, well, I guess that'd be against his religion)

(hmm... this makes me look like not to america friendly... wone why... but I try not to forget, at least there are some sane people over there, I can't seem to understand why they're not in controll...)

btw, I saw a documentry about the USA prior to the election, and it gave an interesting perspecive to things. One was that eg New Yorkes and eg people in the West Virginia country side don't understand each other (ie, NY more "sekularized" and WV being more religious and conservative), the other is that the "American dream" is what many thing hold the country together, also this elections big questions for many people seemed to to be, not as we Europeans think the Irag war or the record deficit, but questions like Abortion and Homosex questions. I can't say I fully understand it, but it seems to offer an explaination to the outcome of the election -- one person said to the reported (in short)"this election is a bout good and evil", what 'good and evil' means is partially left to guess, but the person who said it was supporting G. W. Bush.
Post 05 Nov 2004, 10:43
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Jaques

Jaques
The US is unfortunatley becoming a state of fear... everyone is so afraid. And now religion is becac a politcal issue. Bush is playing upon fear. Conservatives have stopped worrying about eviorment... As long as Bush has a war he can let laws passs that would not otherwise. We are not a part of the Hauge anymore nor are we part of the Kyoto treaty.

Europe used to feel like it was a neighbor. The conservative government is charachterizing europe as a force that tries to control us to keep us defenceless.
Post 06 Nov 2004, 01:01
veach1

veach1
Statistics shows that US will fall economicly in 15-20 years. Army budget before Iraq took 45 billion $ per year, this year they threw 400 billion $ in this war. Whole country budget was (and is) around 90 billion $. Simple arithmetic...

People in US lose workplaces because of: for the goverment is more proficient to import cheap chinese goods instead of supporting their own industry... they doesn`t care about people... they just make money... This is "american dream" - to make money of everything, either it`s a war or 2 million of unemployed or else... And this is the real problem in many countries.

I think world is falling into chaos.
Post 08 Nov 2004, 08:56
scientica
Retired moderator

scientica
"but hey at least we live in a democracy" Razz
I stumbled a across this webcomic, it's a, well, sort of a satire, sensitive americans and friends there of take note, this is not for the fain of heart! (you've been warned)
http://www.mnftiu.cc/mnftiu.cc/war.html
Post 11 Nov 2004, 14:41
Loser

Loser
Jaques wrote:
The elections....Bush has won another term... We have to live with 4 more years... no fun
It's almost over. Another erection is coming! Very Happy
Post 18 Jul 2008, 07:26
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
damn, time flies so fast, i should have message my future self from 2004 last time.

luckily no nuclear war for the last 4 years.
peace .........
Post 19 Jul 2008, 11:34

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: