flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > need assistance removing *.aesir

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
kerr

kerr
hello friends
All of my computer files are infected with Aesir files,
can you tell me how to removing *.aesir?
thank you!

Post 28 Nov 2016, 13:33
Trinitek

Trinitek
Start a dumpster fire and throw your computer into it. That'll remove them.
Post 28 Nov 2016, 17:01
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
kerr wrote:
hello friends
thank you!

this is very bad, plug off your computer straight away, take out the hard disk and use another live linux pc to check the virus hard disk

https://howtoremove.guide/aesir-virus-file-ransomware-removal/

aesir is ransomware,

kaspersky and other antivirus companies provided some free ransomware decryptor,

eg.
https://blog.kaspersky.com/cryptxxx-ransomware/11939/

Quote:

Install all critical updates for your OS and browsers. Angler exploit kit, which is used by CryptXXX, leverages software vulnerabilities to download and install the ransomware.
Post 28 Nov 2016, 17:22
kerr

kerr
Trinitek wrote:
Start a dumpster fire and throw your computer into it. That'll remove them.

Key I would like to restore the file

Post 29 Nov 2016, 02:12
kerr

kerr
sleepsleep wrote:
kerr wrote:
hello friends
thank you!

this is very bad, plug off your computer straight away, take out the hard disk and use another live linux pc to check the virus hard disk

https://howtoremove.guide/aesir-virus-file-ransomware-removal/

aesir is ransomware,

kaspersky and other antivirus companies provided some free ransomware decryptor,

eg.
https://blog.kaspersky.com/cryptxxx-ransomware/11939/

Quote:

Install all critical updates for your OS and browsers. Angler exploit kit, which is used by CryptXXX, leverages software vulnerabilities to download and install the ransomware.

Sorry, I have used, can not decrypt!

Post 29 Nov 2016, 02:13
typedef

typedef
Post 29 Nov 2016, 05:24
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
I suggest your best option is to reimage the affected drive(s) and restore from backups. If you have no backups then I guess you have to pay the ransom (but still re-image once your data is restored and backed-up). Sad
Post 29 Nov 2016, 08:27
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG

YONG
How come no-one ever listens to this wise forum member:

https://board.flatassembler.net/topic.php?p=75511#75511

From now on, regularly back up your files!

Wink
Post 29 Nov 2016, 12:46
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Furs

Furs
The problem with backups is 1 thing: cost.

It costs time to do them and properly sync. Now, one backup is easy, but once you have multiple (as recommended) it becomes quite a hassle especially if they are on different mediums (i.e some online, some on external HDD, some on DVDs, etc). Optical media is notoriously slow.

The second part of cost is of course money. Cloud storage costs money (unless you only back up a low amount to fit in their free storage) and it's not 100% safe either, everybody knows that. Think optical discs are safe? The failure rate and disc decay is astonishing on poor quality discs, and even those cost more per MB than HDDs. Imagine how much proper archival discs can cost per MB, probably same as a SSD. They're also a HUGE hassle -- DVDs can only hold 4.7GB or 8.5GB for dual-layer, making backing up larger amounts of data an insane task (i.e 250GB) because they're incredibly slow too. Blu-rays are out of the question because they're too expensive, burners as well.

And yeah, money. Some people live in parts of the world where they can barely save up enough to get a new mid-range PC every 4 years or so (besides other things needed in life), and you expect them to get multiple copies of backups?

HDDs may be considered cheap by those living in the US or richer parts of the world. But not for those who, while having 1/10 of their salary, get electronic imported things also 30% to 50% more expensive. Because life is so fair like that.

And the worst part is of course that all of these things fail a lot, especially after 1 year of use or so. So, getting multiple backup devices every year is pretty much out of the question.

If I knew I could buy a disc or HDD or whatever and have it live up to 20 years or so guaranteed, I would consider it a sacrifice of money well spent. But their life is increasingly worse as technology advances (planned obsolescence obviously).
Post 29 Nov 2016, 15:36
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
Compare that to the cost of not backing-up.

Regularly replace your backup media, don't expect it to last 20 years.
Post 29 Nov 2016, 22:20
Furs

Furs
Well the problem isn't that one media lasts 20 years. If it was just one media, it wouldn't be a problem. But when you have to replace your backup media often, and it includes 2-3 different backups everytime, it becomes more of a pain (both time consuming and financially).

For most people, it's not worth the cost. Imagine spending every year for 3 backup mediums or cloud storage, and then never have anything lost. It would feel like a waste of money. Most people don't expect to get virus and ransomware like this.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm quite paranoid myself so I have 2 offline backups and 1 online (encrypted), not for everything but for the most important right now. But when I talk to people about it, this is pretty much what they give me.

If you are rich of course it's very easy to backup, you can even use Tape or SSDs or USB sticks which should be much more reliable and SSDs are super fast so it isn't much of a time waste.
Post 30 Nov 2016, 00:55
kerr

kerr

Post 30 Nov 2016, 08:10
kerr

kerr
revolution wrote:
I suggest your best option is to reimage the affected drive(s) and restore from backups. If you have no backups then I guess you have to pay the ransom (but still re-image once your data is restored and backed-up). Sad

Yes ,is no backups! i want me need aesir files decrypt program!

Post 30 Nov 2016, 08:13
kerr

kerr
YONG wrote:
How come no-one ever listens to this wise forum member:

https://board.flatassembler.net/topic.php?p=75511#75511

From now on, regularly back up your files!

Wink

Sad

It's no use now, and the file is encrypted!

Post 30 Nov 2016, 08:15
kerr

kerr
Furs wrote:
The problem with backups is 1 thing: cost.

It costs time to do them and properly sync. Now, one backup is easy, but once you have multiple (as recommended) it becomes quite a hassle especially if they are on different mediums (i.e some online, some on external HDD, some on DVDs, etc). Optical media is notoriously slow.

The second part of cost is of course money. Cloud storage costs money (unless you only back up a low amount to fit in their free storage) and it's not 100% safe either, everybody knows that. Think optical discs are safe? The failure rate and disc decay is astonishing on poor quality discs, and even those cost more per MB than HDDs. Imagine how much proper archival discs can cost per MB, probably same as a SSD. They're also a HUGE hassle -- DVDs can only hold 4.7GB or 8.5GB for dual-layer, making backing up larger amounts of data an insane task (i.e 250GB) because they're incredibly slow too. Blu-rays are out of the question because they're too expensive, burners as well.

And yeah, money. Some people live in parts of the world where they can barely save up enough to get a new mid-range PC every 4 years or so (besides other things needed in life), and you expect them to get multiple copies of backups?

HDDs may be considered cheap by those living in the US or richer parts of the world. But not for those who, while having 1/10 of their salary, get electronic imported things also 30% to 50% more expensive. Because life is so fair like that.

And the worst part is of course that all of these things fail a lot, especially after 1 year of use or so. So, getting multiple backup devices every year is pretty much out of the question.

If I knew I could buy a disc or HDD or whatever and have it live up to 20 years or so guaranteed, I would consider it a sacrifice of money well spent. But their life is increasingly worse as technology advances (planned obsolescence obviously).

Backup to the cloud

Post 30 Nov 2016, 08:25
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
mind to send me one or two file, i wanna try decrypt them
Post 30 Nov 2016, 11:59
kerr

kerr
sleepsleep wrote:
mind to send me one or two file, i wanna try decrypt them

OK your email give me!

Post 01 Dec 2016, 03:13
typedef

typedef
kerr wrote:
Backup to the cloud

Shocked Shocked

There's problems with that.

1st. You'll have to subscribe to some sort of cloud storage service.
2nd. You'll need a faster Internet connection for backing up/restoration.
3rd. Your data (if not encrypted) can be
4th. If ISP goes down or just about any Internet connection issues, you'll be screwed.

Best way is to invest in an external storage or computer and run a backup server (preferably linux) locally and schedule your backups whenever you go to sleep.
Post 02 Dec 2016, 14:16
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
i would suggest, group up your files into 2 main categories,

1. those that really edited and created by you

2. those that easily re-downloadable from internet

BACKUP only number (1)

typedef wrote:
nd run a backup server (preferably linux) locally and

any recommendation?
Post 02 Dec 2016, 17:06
typedef

typedef
sleepsleep wrote:
i would suggest, group up your files into 2 main categories,

1. those that really edited and created by you

2. those that easily re-downloadable from internet

BACKUP only number (1)

typedef wrote:
nd run a backup server (preferably linux) locally and

any recommendation?

For something ready to go: UrBackup. (https://www.urbackup.org/index.html)

Otherwise FreeNAS. But you'll have to use some other software to handle the transfer/restoration.
Post 02 Dec 2016, 19:42

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: