flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > First Private Moon Mission To Take Your Ashes Into Space

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
YONG

YONG
For those loaded forum members, you can have a unique (and extravagant) funeral!

Quote:
Taking human remains into the final frontier for those who want to make the moon their final resting spot. ... the cost of shuttling your ashes to the moon will run a cool $3 million per kilogram, which means taking a typical human’s remains would cost somewhere between $5 million and $8 million.
Refer to:
http://fortune.com/2016/08/08/moon-express-ashes-space/

Wink
Post 09 Aug 2016, 07:16
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
What is "you" anyway? Is it one's component parts (i.e. the hardware mobo, PSU, RAM, HDD, etc.)? Or one's particular brain organisation (i.e. the data on the HDD of the human)? Or some combination of both?

In a sense Windows OS licensing is similar to human licensing. Only one copy per machine. Whereas Linux licensing is not something we can analogise to a natural equivalent.

I think I'd prefer to keep my $5-$8 million and simply decide not to die. Wink
Post 09 Aug 2016, 07:24
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DOS386

DOS386
(page source, otherwise it's totally empty) wrote:
Your browser, Internet Explorer 8 or below, is out of date. It has known security flaws and may not display all features of this and other websites

Feel free to burn it down and shoot it to the moon. I never use any IE.

Taking human remains into the final frontier for those who want to make the moon their final resting spot. ... the cost of shuttling your ashes to the moon will run a cool $3 million per kilogram, which means taking a typical human’s remains would cost somewhere between $5 million and $8 million. And despite the price, demand is high

This is desperately moronic. Who or what is supposed to destroy the ashes on the moon? Sorry, but I prefer my ashes to stay on the earth where notoriously bad weather and notoriously hungry animals will destroy my remains quickly, reliably and for free.

Title: Hello World program compiles to 100 KB !!!

Post 09 Aug 2016, 08:33
YONG

YONG
revolution wrote:
What is "you" anyway? Is it one's component parts (i.e. the hardware mobo, PSU, RAM, HDD, etc.)? Or one's particular brain organisation (i.e. the data on the HDD of the human)? Or some combination of both?

In a sense Windows OS licensing is similar to human licensing. Only one copy per machine. Whereas Linux licensing is not something we can analogise to a natural equivalent.
Given your current location "Holberg 917G", I understand why you would give such strange comments. Son/Daughter, you are being trapped in a fictional world. Wake up and return to reality, please!

revolution wrote:
... simply decide not to die.
This means you would not die if you decide so. Wow! Please share your secret with sleepsleep -- he would like to live forever. Thanks!

Wink
Post 09 Aug 2016, 09:16
revolution

revolution
YONG wrote:
Please share your secret with sleepsleep -- he would like to live forever. Thanks!
Are you sleepsleep's agent? I hope you get a commission.
Post 09 Aug 2016, 09:18
YONG

YONG
DOS386 wrote:
Your browser, Internet Explorer 8 or below, is out of date. It has known security flaws and may not display all features of this and other websites
Feel free to burn it down and shoot it to the moon. I never use any IE.
I am sorry that the web server/application did not recognize your unique browser and thus considered it out-of-date. Please forgive the web server/application.

Wink
Post 09 Aug 2016, 09:22
YONG

YONG
revolution wrote:
Are you sleepsleep's agent?
No, I am not.

revolution wrote:
I hope you get a commission.
I have given him lots of spiritual guidance, and have never asked for anything in return. I hope that he can find the meaning of life.

Wink
Post 09 Aug 2016, 09:29
revolution

revolution
YONG wrote:
Please forgive the web server/application.
That is the wrong thing to blame. Instead blame the person/people behind it.

Plus, I think it is shameful for websites (i.e. the webmasters) to blame the user, and demand that they follow the crowd, and do whatever they are told to do without question. Evil or Very Mad
Post 09 Aug 2016, 09:36
YONG

YONG
revolution wrote:
... do whatever they are told to do without question.
When your client pays you lots of cash to get the job done, you do whatever you are told to do without question. You know it better than anyone else!

Wink
Post 09 Aug 2016, 09:52
revolution

revolution
If there is money involved of course I will do it. Twisted Evil But I do question on occasion anyway. Sometimes people ask for dumb things, and if they confirm they do really want the dumb things then I do it for the $$$$. Razz
Post 09 Aug 2016, 10:28
edfed

edfed
8 / 3 = 2.{6}

a typical light human baby...
Post 09 Aug 2016, 11:58
YONG

YONG
@edfed: You have been inactive for quite some time. I am glad to see you back in action!

Wink
Post 09 Aug 2016, 12:13
revolution

revolution
edfed wrote:
8 / 3 = 2.{6}

a typical light human baby...
Who's baby do you intend to send?
Post 09 Aug 2016, 12:19
AsmGuru62

AsmGuru62
"Take your ass..." - that reminded me of Total Recall.
Smile
Post 09 Aug 2016, 20:11
YONG

YONG
It was "Get your ass to Mars!"

Refer to:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trya1ETd9Hs

Wink
Post 10 Aug 2016, 04:58

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: