flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > What is the best programming language

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
l4m2

l4m2
1. Don't care if the language has enough libs. A language with amount of libs but nothing else is a calculator language.
2. Care the language itself rather than its support. A good language may be unsupported just because it's new or something else.

Or say the languages' feature
Post 19 Jul 2016, 13:49
HaHaAnonymous

HaHaAnonymous
Well, I think one has to know deeply all programming languages in the world to answer this question with minimal honesty.

I think the best programming language is that one you use the most, or produce something. Not while at work (I have heard there are people working with this), but while you're at home doing "your things".
Post 19 Jul 2016, 17:16
JohnFound

JohnFound
Of course, assembly language is the best programming language. it is the only language that allows you to use all features of the computer architecture. Every other language is limited to some subset.

In addition, assembly language has simple syntax that makes writing programs easy and funny. Knowledge of assembly language instantly makes you hacker in the best meaning of this word. Smile
Post 19 Jul 2016, 18:17
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
HaHaAnonymous

HaHaAnonymous
Quote:

it is the only language that allows you to use all features of the computer architecture. Every other language is limited to some subset.

And that is why I was going to say it is not to be considered a programming language, at least in this case.

A valid programming language in this case would be any that does not dependent on any architecture, at least not fully.
Post 19 Jul 2016, 19:31
Trinitek

Trinitek
I don't know about the best, but ever since I came from the Java camp, I've been enjoying C#. Not having to write getter and setter methods for each property is very nice.
Post 19 Jul 2016, 20:15
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
i see the whole programming languages more to syntax or predefined method to modify bits,

0 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

then they invented memory address in order to know where you are right now,

move left or right,
read or write

but 1 bit is not so economic, so they make 8 bits into 1 set, and play around that 1 set.

it just so weird to see how people make things so complex and complicated,

if you ask me, i would say, this is all about money, power, control, influence,
Post 19 Jul 2016, 20:24
TmX

TmX
JohnFound wrote:
Of course, assembly language is the best programming language. it is the only language that allows you to use all features of the computer architecture. Every other language is limited to some subset.

I'd say there are 2 extreme sides of programmers here.
The first side is those who enjoy system programming, messing with CPU instructions, squeezing every bits of their code. They use assembly.

The other side is those who enjoy math, playing with type systems, lambda calculus, symbolic manipulation, etc. They use Lisp/Haskell/etc.

The rest fall between these 2 sides
Razz
Post 20 Jul 2016, 03:04
YONG

YONG
Different programming languages serve different purposes. I don't think we can ever have a "best" programming language. All we can have is a programming language that is most suitable for a particular purpose.

Wink
Post 20 Jul 2016, 03:44
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
JohnFound

JohnFound
HaHaAnonymous wrote:
And that is why I was going to say it is not to be considered a programming language, at least in this case.

I can't see how the definition of "programming language" can be bound to the "hardware independency". These are orthogonal conceptions. This way there are two different types of programming languages - hardware dependent and hardware independent.

Post 20 Jul 2016, 06:03
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
HaHaAnonymous

HaHaAnonymous
Quote:

All we can have is a programming language that is most suitable for a particular purpose.

JOKE:
I thought their purpose was only one, to make code/programs. It seems they have been changing their focus a little bit.

Following this, the most logical conclusion is to expect a "one language" serves all purposes, because the number of purposes is just 1. Then, if any can't deliver this they are failing to achieve their objective, despite the hard work.

LOL!
Post 20 Jul 2016, 06:17
YONG

YONG
HaHaAnonymous wrote:
... to expect a "one language" serves all purposes
Joke or not:

That is not going to happen. For example, did you know that we can't use Java to run a nuclear power plant?

Refer to:
https://www.quora.com/The-license-agreement-of-Java-says-You-can%E2%80%99t-use-Java-to-run-a-nuclear-power-plant-Why-do-you-think-SUN-cared-to-incorporate-this-point

Wink
Post 20 Jul 2016, 07:37
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TmX

TmX
YONG wrote:
For example, did you know that we can't use Java to run a nuclear power plant?

Yes.
But I don't write apps for nuclear power plant, so not a big deal to me Smile
Post 20 Jul 2016, 11:19
DOS386

DOS386
UTFFS:

http://board.flatassembler.net/topic.php?t=1882
http://board.flatassembler.net/topic.php?t=3577
http://board.flatassembler.net/topic.php?t=7392
http://board.flatassembler.net/topic.php?t=19304 <<<< this one <<<<

YONG wrote:

Sure we can ... Oracle might be angry about that, but after a big nuclear disaster the possible JAWA license/piracy issues will become the smallest problem Wink

Quote:
keeping accidents at Chernobyl and Three-Mile Island in mind

It's not needed anyway. JAWA was invented in 1995, Chernobyl botched in 1986 ... everything that ran well or not that well prior to 1995 can be run completely without JAWA bloat ... and also completely without "Windows" Wink

Both nuclear plants and JAWA are useless "technologies", but maybe the latter one is at least less dangerous. Wink
Post 21 Jul 2016, 07:42
YONG

YONG
Wow, you know quite a lot about the history of these forums. I am impressed.
DOS386 wrote:
YONG wrote:
Sure we can ... Oracle might be angry about that, but after a big nuclear disaster the possible JAWA license/piracy issues will become the smallest problem Wink
Then, you should give it a try ... and see how Oracle reacts.

Wink
Post 21 Jul 2016, 09:05
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
The "best" programming language is one that gets the job done with minimal problems and maximal efficiency. Naturally the values of "job", "problems" and "efficiency" change with each use case so the actual answer is also changeable depending upon the circumstances and situation.
Post 21 Jul 2016, 13:56
ford

ford
I agree with revolution here.

My personal favorites are: ASM, C, Python, Swift
Post 22 Jul 2016, 03:28

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: