flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > B R E X I T

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8864
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
i would vote OUT
it is so obvious OUT is the only way to survive and having decisions control back.

BREXIT THE MOVIE FULL FILM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTMxfAkxfQ0

voting opens on June 23 in about 7 hours
Post 22 Jun 2016, 14:54
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AsmGuru62



Joined: 28 Jan 2004
Posts: 1408
Location: Toronto, Canada
AsmGuru62
I would vote OUT too.
EU = Socialism.
And I lived in USSR for 1/4 of a century, so... yeah, not a good thing.
Post 23 Jun 2016, 14:49
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote
l_inc



Joined: 23 Oct 2009
Posts: 881
l_inc
AsmGuru62
Quote:
EU = Socialism

Firstly, you are wrong. Secondly, if it was, it wouldn't be even closely comparable with USSR.

As for what to vote for, it's a decision that only GB people have the expertise to make (I don't live in GB, I don't know), but I would like them to stay with us.

_________________
Faith is a superposition of knowledge and fallacy
Post 23 Jun 2016, 21:41
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Trinitek



Joined: 06 Nov 2011
Posts: 257
Trinitek
As an American, I'd like to see a Britain that has more control over its own affairs.
Post 24 Jun 2016, 01:00
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
Final results:

Remain 48.11% vs Leave 51.89%

Leave wins!

Wink
Post 24 Jun 2016, 06:09
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Furs



Joined: 04 Mar 2016
Posts: 1466
Furs
Another perfect example how much of a failure democracy is as a system by itself. People with no education in deprived communities should definitely not be eligible for voting, or at least not weight as much as people knowledgeable in the subject.

I'm tired of seeing decisions made by clueless, easily swayed people who breed like rabbits and have no education. Democracy is just a pure failure, not much better than communism by itself (used on the human race's imperfections).

I guess expecting a sort of geniocracy is a pipe dream, especially for voters. And you know why? Because those same illiterate people will start whining about "equality", "racism" (yes really, use this word everywhere) and other social justice bullshit.

The fact is that some people are not adequate to vote because they lack of knowledge or intelligence.

I'm not saying that ALL people who voted out were like that. But the vast majority were, according to the article I read, from "deprived communities". I know already what this means, watching Trump's speeches.

Trinitek wrote:
As an American, I'd like to see a Britain that has more control over its own affairs.
Funny you say that, considering the US is nothing more than a unification of states.

I guess you just want to see it remain top dog and now Europe has no chance to catch up anymore.

The british pound hasn't been in a worse state since the 80s, pretty good indicator of the attitude of investors towards this move. Remember, when you invest in a country's currency, you're investing in the country's "assets". Now what does this say about the UK and how investors see it?
Post 24 Jun 2016, 09:27
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8864
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
GBP will recovers sooner and faster than one could think,

1 USD = 0.705 GBP soon, i give it 2 weeks to reach this rate.
Post 24 Jun 2016, 14:05
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Trinitek



Joined: 06 Nov 2011
Posts: 257
Trinitek
Quote:
Funny you say that, considering the US is nothing more than a unification of states.
It's a unification of states that are not supposed to be autonomous sovereign nations by themselves.
Post 24 Jun 2016, 21:10
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
Furs wrote:
I guess expecting a sort of geniocracy is a pipe dream, especially for voters. And you know why? Because those same illiterate people will start whining about "equality", "racism" (yes really, use this word everywhere) and other social justice bullshit.

The fact is that some people are not adequate to vote because they lack of knowledge or intelligence.
Refer to the following links:

http://www.debate.org/opinions/should-people-in-the-us-pass-a-political-knowledge-test-before-voting

https://www.quora.com/Should-voters-be-required-to-do-an-IQ-test-and-knowledge-test

http://uspolitics.about.com/od/Voting/a/Should-Voters-Have-To-Pass-A-Test.htm

Who decides, and based on what standards, a voter is knowledgeable and/or intelligent enough? Rolling Eyes
Post 25 Jun 2016, 08:17
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Furs



Joined: 04 Mar 2016
Posts: 1466
Furs
I could ask the same question about any exam or qualification from any education system?

And like Trinitek said, that's why the US will always be superior to Europe.

Keep in mind I do not agree with a lot of the crap pulled off by the EU, however "autonomy" for each European country is worse. So it's simply a matter of choosing the lesser evil. By no means do I claim that people voting for UK to leave don't know anything or are completely wrong.

My point is that they are not educated enough to see the consequences of both and choose the lesser evil, and they act more on emotions instead. This "every country should be completely independent!" is what brings Europe down. Even semi-crap policies pulled by a unified system are better than good policies but autonomous for each country.

The world needs more globalization than ever, not restrictions or vastly different laws and policies in each small region. EU are one of the worst when it comes to that amongst the 1st world.
Post 25 Jun 2016, 11:52
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
Furs wrote:
I could ask the same question about any exam or qualification from any education system?
That is the whole point. We are talking about fundamental voting rights here, not some college entrance exams. Any knowledge- or intelligence-based screening process imposed on voters would likely, if not certainly, be violating Article 21 of The Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

Wink
Post 26 Jun 2016, 08:31
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Furs



Joined: 04 Mar 2016
Posts: 1466
Furs
Well I think that's pretty much bullshit since the choice of one's "country" is a requirement, for example immigrants don't have the right unless they become citizens of said country.

Definitely not a fan of it, but then again I'm not a fan of universal rights with no exceptions, either.

There are real biological differences between people with knowledge or not about certain subjects, just as there are real biological differences between men and women, in general. This "equality" trend is starting to get real overboard, honestly. Because the world is not equal, and that's a scientific fact.

Obviously unjust discrimination makes no sense either and I'm wholly against it.


Even worse is that nobody has to give any *reason* for voting a specific one, and it's not even evaluated whether it's retarded or not.

We give this broken system in our countries in the name of some unreal "equality", but not in other places that require coordination (for example, commits in a source code that multiple programmers work on). Real shame.
Post 27 Jun 2016, 16:08
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
bitRAKE



Joined: 21 Jul 2003
Posts: 2888
Location: [RSP+8*5]
bitRAKE
Furs wrote:
There are real biological differences between people with knowledge or not about certain subjects.
Phenotypically or phenomenologically speaking? Are you in the same camp as Sam Harris, or more extreme? Are there inferior cultures? Memes?

_________________
¯\(°_o)/¯ unlicense.org
Post 27 Jun 2016, 18:47
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8864
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
does smart people, high IQ, genius will always found and agree to one single solution when they have disagreement?

people is making decisions 24x7 based on what they feel, want, believe, knowledge available, news reports, propaganda and etc factors,

if the question is, are you going to north or south? i don't think you need an exam or certification

if the question is, going to north will land you a pilot job, going to south will land you a 3D modelling job, then maybe we need some sort of exam / capability verification.

why we not blame BREMAIN didn't do enough explain / propaganda?

and EU issues were there for years before referendum,
Post 27 Jun 2016, 20:25
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
Furs wrote:
I'm not a fan of universal rights with no exceptions.
Make no mistake. NOT every single one of the rights listed in The Universal Declaration has my support.

I do NOT agree on Section 3 of Article 26, which states:

"Parents have a prior right to choose the kind of education that shall be given to their children."

Here are my arguments:

http://time.com/3711945/children-religion-parents-school-policy/
https://theculture.sg/2015/11/parents-have-no-right-to-impose-their-own-values-and-beliefs-on-their-children-discuss/

But that is another debatable topic.

Wink
Post 28 Jun 2016, 04:09
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
Furs wrote:
Even worse is that nobody has to give any *reason* for voting a specific one, and it's not even evaluated whether it's retarded or not.
Why would the voters have to give any reasons for their choices? Rolling Eyes

Secrecy of the ballot forestalls attempts to influence the voter by intimidation and potential vote buying.

Refer to:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_ballot

Wink
Post 28 Jun 2016, 04:19
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source


Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Posts: 17247
Location: In your JS exploiting you and your system
revolution
YONG: If the parents have no right to choose their children's upbringing then who does have the right? The state? The pope? ISIS?

At some point someone has to decide. Children can't decide for themselves.

Furs: If people have to be "certified" to vote the who decides what constitutes proper certification? Does only the head dictator get to vote because only (s)he is certified and refuses to certify anyone else?

At some point you are saying that other people know what is better for someone than they know themselves.
Post 28 Jun 2016, 04:44
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
revolution wrote:
YONG: If the parents have no right to choose their children's upbringing then who does have the right? The state? The pope? ISIS?
Have you read the relevant arguments on this issue? Rolling Eyes

Simple answer:

Parents should always ask for the inputs from their children before they try to make any decisions for them. As the kids grow older, their inputs should gain more weight in the decision-making process. When the kids enter puberty, the parents should start respecting the teenagers' own decisions even though these choices may not sound the best. Let the kids learn from their own mistakes or poor choices!

Wink
Post 28 Jun 2016, 05:54
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Trinitek



Joined: 06 Nov 2011
Posts: 257
Trinitek
Quote:
Parents should always ask for the inputs from their children before they try to make any decisions for them.
Uhuh. When I was 4, I didn't want to start Pre-K. It's probably a good thing they didn't listen to me.
Post 28 Jun 2016, 07:26
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
Trinitek wrote:
When I was 4, I didn't want to start Pre-K.
What did you want to do then?

Rolling Eyes
Post 28 Jun 2016, 07:29
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic Reply to topic

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules:
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Copyright © 1999-2020, Tomasz Grysztar.

Powered by rwasa.