flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > On Mother's Day, My Mom Asked Me to Help End Her Life

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a44491/assisted-suicide-mothers-day/

Quote:
All it takes to put someone to death is a lethal dose. But what level of misery suffered by a loved one makes support for such a decision not an act of negligence but one of mercy?

Quote:
My mother wants only my sister and me to be in the room for her last moments. She says she is worried that seeing the others will cause her to lose the courage to release the medication. But she is clearly afraid of the final moment. I convince her that the rest of our family should join.

Quote:
The pentobarbital is added to the saline, and without hesitation Giuliana rolls the button to activate the drip.

We stand around the bed—mute, in awe—holding her hand, Junior nestled between her legs.

She looks at me. "I'm not feeling anything."

A momentary panic sets in my mind, like a stage manager witnessing a missed cue. I can see it in her eyes: Alex, do something! That is our contract: The woman who gave me the gift of life is now, in that final moment, asking me to give her the gift of death.

And then she smiles and says, "Ecco sta arrivando."

Ah, here it comes.

With one last breath, surrounded by those who love her unto death, my mother, Giuliana Tela Schlempp, becomes enchanted.
Post 11 May 2016, 13:50
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
I'm not sure I could trust a doctor's appraisal of my life expectancy, and harsh conditions impact thinking too greatly to trust myself. As long as desire drives me I should continue. Guess I still feel young. Smile
Post 11 May 2016, 14:22
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
glad to hear that, bitRAKE,
it took lots of courage to continue move on, surely not an easy task,

i feel young too! but who know how things gonna work tomorrow, or the next hour,
advances and breakthroughs in biomedical should allow us to extend our life near forever, i hope so.
Post 11 May 2016, 19:12

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: