flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Beautiful scenes of a dying planet

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
YONG

YONG
Post 13 Dec 2008, 10:27
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
asmcoder

asmcoder
[content deleted]

Last edited by asmcoder on 14 Aug 2009, 14:54; edited 1 time in total
Post 13 Dec 2008, 11:30
Borsuc

Borsuc
If I could, I would start a crusade against the virus humans that destroy it ALL and keep on spreading/growth, they don't know limits. Evil or Very Mad

not all of them are infected though, some humans are healthy cells.
I hope Earth wipes out the viruses with its immune system.
If it can't deal with this disease it seems the "guardian cells" will have to do it Evil or Very Mad

water is like its blood Wink

Post 13 Dec 2008, 15:10
bogdanontanu

bogdanontanu
I would quote George Carlin:

Quote:

"Stop thinking about "saving the planet" Earth.
The Planet is doing just fine... the humans are fu**ed! badly... but the planet will survive."

I do not think that a crusade or a revolution is the right action. We tried that in the past and it all proved to be phony and failed miserably.

And Europe, Or US or China, or Russia, or south America or Australia or Indonesia are ALL ruled by the very same laws of greed and making profit and power and manipulation of the groups of people. Hence there is little hope for any place on Earth. But there is a chance inside yourself

The only hope is in changing yourself internally in such a way as not to be a part of a group and to think freely and clearly with no desires, greed or ambitions. Then you can go above thinking to the realm of truth.

Remember that a group of humans can be manipulated for ever and ever but one single individual can not be manipulated if he/she changes from inside out.

Take the energy saving light bulbs for example. Saving the planet eh?

Think again about the mercury poison that is stored inside them and how you kill or make very ill anybody in the garbage collecting chain if the "efficient" bulbs break when disposed...

You are keeping a chemical health bomb in your "living" room.
What a "bright" idea indeed Wink

And if you think that using only 20W instead of 100W will help then you do not understand capitalism. The electrical energy company will rise the price of energy until it makes the same profit from 20W as it did from 100W and unfortunately now you are "locked" into mercury poison because it is too costly to return to normal light bulbs.

Getting rich and famous or making "profit" and ambition or power or desire of manipulating groups of humans makes the world what it is today. And we are all guilty of harboring such dreams into our heart.

Start by changing yourself.

Start by carefully and politely "ignoring" anybody that shows the signs of power, greed, ambition or desires. That would be all political rulers and their advices for a start Wink

However anarchy and rebellion in groups like the Geek young people do those days is not the solution.

That kind of organized rebellion / revolution can be easily manipulated towards destruction and towards needing of more police, more army, more state and politicians ... and in the end it is just another group with a different set of rules.
Post 13 Dec 2008, 17:44
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kas

kas
Hi,

Quote:
If I could, I would start a crusade against the virus humans that destroy it ALL and keep on spreading/growth, they don't know limits.

Mmmm. From my observations - it seems that humans are pretty good at killing other humans off. The technology and scale of war have been ramping up steadily for the last few thousand years. In the last few hundred it has accelerated even more. Compare 18th century battles with a bit of rural pillaging and destruction - to 20th battles with whole cities being devestated - millions murdered.

My point therefore for anyone who wishes to simplify (other!) humans into being some kind of subrace or virus - is that:

a) there aren't many viruses that target and exterminate each other - so, in at least one major way - humans do not behave like viruses.

b) war and genocide are the constant proof that humans are naturally a self limiting species just like anything else on planet earth.

Thus, there is no need for you personally to crusade (unless that's what you enjoy...) - because without a doubt the next century's wars and levels of killing are surely going to be so astronomic in proportion - that any few hundred or even hundred thousand people you could kill and add to the count would probably not even be noticed.

Personally I'd just like to stay out of the way of as much of it as possible - and enjoy as much of the beauty of nature that's currently left!

Kas.
Post 13 Dec 2008, 17:53
Borsuc

Borsuc
kas wrote:
a) there aren't many viruses that target and exterminate each other - so, in at least one major way - humans do not behave like viruses.

b) war and genocide are the constant proof that humans are naturally a self limiting species just like anything else on planet earth.
You're right we're even worse since we wipe not only other 'cells' (species) but even our own, when they disagree or annoy or whatever (political differences, angry, and all the other factors).

But that's actually not what I meant. We are not 'virus' per se, as in biologically. We are depending on our mentality. If we kill each other, it only means a virus is killing healthy cells (the other humans), OR if the 'others' were viruses too, then a virus kills another type of virus.

And I wish the healthy guardian cells stand up against all the virus and diseased cells Evil or Very Mad

kas wrote:
Thus, there is no need for you personally to crusade (unless that's what you enjoy...) - because without a doubt the next century's wars and levels of killing are surely going to be so astronomic in proportion - that any few hundred or even hundred thousand people you could kill and add to the count would probably not even be noticed.

Personally I'd just like to stay out of the way of as much of it as possible - and enjoy as much of the beauty of nature that's currently left!

Kas.
hehe I didn't mean that I would start a crusade and torture them to death or something like that, just some sort of "controlled" genocide. Even though I would do it quick and back by what they caused, I'm not the eye-for-an-eye type of person. Torture is pointless. just stopping them is enough.

I meant it more metaphorically, like a revolution or something. I don't say I'm gonna cause genocide though, because in genocides usually it's the 'healthy' cells that get massacred, not the viruses in power Evil or Very Mad

--------------------------

nice post bogdanontanu, I agree with it (and yes I know about how capitalism works, on the most part) -- where we only care about profit. There will never be abundance of resources (and undisturbed) and a good standard of living for everyone because the capitalists WILL MAKE it scarce to make the same profits.

People think electricity is abundant. But just because we have to pay for it proves that it is not Wink

Big greedy capitalists would even make air scarce and make us pay for it if they could to gain more. But that's off the point.

I know i have to start with myself changing but the problem I have is that many people try to do that but they are usually powerless. Maybe even shot down, in countries such as Burma.

'They' have the control, not us. And that's what I plan to change. Evil or Very Mad

Post 13 Dec 2008, 18:24
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
Here are some beautiful scenes of Taiwan.
Indeed, these are very beautiful images but aren't they somehow overcolored? I'm talking about pictures placed on
Post 13 Dec 2008, 18:46
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
Yep, perhaps it is due to this technique
Post 13 Dec 2008, 18:48
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
Post 14 Dec 2008, 19:21
Tomasz Grysztar

Tomasz Grysztar
Speaking of long exposure night shots and HDRI techniques, I really love this one:
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap080729.html
Post 14 Dec 2008, 19:25
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
Quote:

Start by changing yourself.

Start by carefully and politely "ignoring" anybody that shows the signs of power, greed, ambition or desires.

how is that possible for human to without power, greed & ambition?
coz all these behaviours, thoughts, lusts, make us being called human. they are part of us..
Post 14 Dec 2008, 22:23
Picnic

Picnic
YONG wrote:
Here are some beautiful scenes of Taiwan.

Beautifull images YONG.

Tomasz Grysztar wrote:
Speaking of long exposure night shots and HDRI techniques, I really love this one:

Oh Gosh, living behind the city walls & lights people sometimes forget how magnificent and kingly the night sky is.. Crying or Very sad
Post 16 Dec 2008, 11:41
YONG

YONG
Here are some beautiful photos of Poland.

Mountain Giewont

Giewont from Gubalowka

Ksiaz castle

Enjoy! Wink
Post 16 Dec 2008, 13:45
Tomasz Grysztar

Tomasz Grysztar
I'm going to share some of my own photos of autumn in Poland: 1, 2, 3.
But please note they're my private property, please do not redistribute them!
Post 16 Dec 2008, 13:50
YONG

YONG
Wow! The third one is so beautiful!!! Razz Wink
Post 16 Dec 2008, 14:01
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
Here are some beautiful photos of Poland.
Thank you YONG. Very Happy
YONG wrote:
Ksiaz castle
I was there. This huge castle is really beautiful, especially in spring and summer when the verdure is most intensive, but unfortunately interiors are mainly devoid of decorations (as a consequence of WWII).
Tomasz Grysztar wrote:
I'm going to share some of my own photos of autumn in Poland: 1, 2, 3.
These are beautiful images. Very good compositions and color palette. Smile
Post 16 Dec 2008, 14:10
Borsuc

Borsuc
I can't see them, it says This photo may only be saved by friends

YONG wrote:
Wow! The third one is so beautiful!!! Razz Wink
I like the first one most.

Post 16 Dec 2008, 17:33
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
Quote:

I can't see them, it says This photo may only be saved by friends

Wait a little longer and them will appear.
Post 16 Dec 2008, 17:42
Borsuc

Borsuc
Ah, I need to allow Javascript through NoScript Smile
beautiful pictures.

Post 16 Dec 2008, 17:55
Tomasz Grysztar

Tomasz Grysztar
thimis wrote:
Oh Gosh, living behind the city walls & lights people sometimes forget how magnificent and kingly the night sky is.. Crying or Very sad

When I'm outside the city, my favorite constellation to look at is Orion. Here in all its glory:
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap081216.html
Post 16 Dec 2008, 18:32

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: