flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > AI! AlphaGo, DeepMind, IOT, new frontier,

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
I think these AI's can never live up to the I in their name.

If you were to ask one of these game engines which game it enjoyed the most, there wouldn't be any meaningful answer. And they would never spontaneously ask to play another game, or ask for a better opponent to practice with, or understand concepts like want or desire or boredom.
Post 08 May 2020, 05:30
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DimonSoft

DimonSoft
revolution wrote:

If you were to ask one of these game engines which game it enjoyed the most, there wouldn't be any meaningful answer. And they would never spontaneously ask to play another game, or ask for a better opponent to practice with, or understand concepts like want or desire or boredom.

Why woud they if the algorithms are either direct implementations of certain game-specific strategies (including bruteforcing moves and their consequences) or, if we speak about some kind of machine learning, are basically just dancing around formula coefficients that just slightly resemble brain thinking process at the lowest (?) neuron level?

The whole (A)I sphere in IT just went the wrong way and keeps going there without even trying to look for smarter ideas to borrow from (look for in) biology. Writing a scientific paper about yet another sophisticated way to train well-known formula is much easier than making steps in a new field.
Post 08 May 2020, 06:40
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
I wonder if the I could be redesignated to stand for introspection. If it can think about itself, analyse itself, etc. then it might start to get somewhere. The whole concept of self is very powerful IMO.
Post 08 May 2020, 06:58
guignol

guignol
DimonSoft wrote:
revolution wrote:

Why woud they if the algorithms are either direct implementations of certain game-specific strategies (including bruteforcing moves and their consequences) or, if we speak about some kind of machine learning, are basically just dancing around formula coefficients that just slightly resemble brain thinking process at the lowest (?) neuron level?

The whole (A)I sphere in IT just went the wrong way and keeps going there without even trying to look for smarter ideas to borrow from (look for in) biology. Writing a scientific paper about yet another sophisticated way to train well-known formula is much easier than making steps in a new field.
oh please
the whole IT is the wrong way
as well as many other economical niches

why indeed
the very XX century is a scam
Post 09 May 2020, 06:11
guignol

guignol
so in the root
is a lie about not being greedy

all about revolution
Post 09 May 2020, 06:18
guignol

guignol
as much and many is your generousity
thus shall become the prosperity
Post 09 May 2020, 06:21
guignol

guignol
there is no arguement in science
but whatta be the progres
it would seem, litterally, 'scientific communism'
yet to measure the feeling of 'commune', as dictated by your empirical approach towards gaining knowledge (which is science)...

ultimately you do measure by facts, verifying only by what seems a quite limited material body, somehow still urged (feeling the urge) to actually define what those limits are exactly
Post 09 May 2020, 06:41
guignol

guignol
so, revō
describe for us, in detail, what your measuring capability is?
Post 09 May 2020, 06:44
guignol

guignol
You can watch wutheringbytes with Sophie Wilson, to see why self-aware AI isn't possible.
Post 10 May 2020, 06:39

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: