flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > What's your favourite programming language and why?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
typedef

typedef
BLOB BLOB BLOB BLOB BLOB

Code:
$res = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `flatassembler.net_users` WHERE `user_programming_lan` LIKE '%.NET%'");

while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($res) )
{

UAC_BanUser($row['user_name'],ACCOUNT_BAN_NEVER_EXPIRE);

}

Take out the .NET fans
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Post 28 Feb 2011, 03:39
typedef

typedef
What the fuck ? Who removed my SIG ?
Post 28 Feb 2011, 03:39
Coty

Coty
It is still there... But it does not show if you do a quick reply unles you edit it and select the display signature option...
Post 28 Feb 2011, 03:48
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
typedef

typedef
Ahhh, thanks broah....that gave me some relief Very Happy Hhehehehe
Post 28 Feb 2011, 04:03
typedef

typedef
Are you watching the gays receiving the Awards ?
Post 28 Feb 2011, 04:04
JoeCoder1

JoeCoder1
My favorite language is IBM assembler. Now I am trying to learn x86. Else why would I be here on this forum :p

Hehe I guess I should state for the record since everybody else seems to love it, I hate C, C++, Java, etc. No offense to anybody Shocked

Last edited by JoeCoder1 on 17 Jun 2011, 08:28; edited 2 times in total
Post 16 Jun 2011, 12:07
AsmGuru62

AsmGuru62
Assembler, C, C++ - in that order.
Post 17 Jun 2011, 00:03
typedef

typedef
AsmGuru62 wrote:
Assembler, C, C++ - in that order.

no .NET love ? Very Happy
Post 17 Jun 2011, 00:06
BOTOKILLER

BOTOKILLER
In my opinion ASM is the best because it relatively easy (without thuosands of different instructions 'for every case of life' and complex syntax) and gives me complete control over machine - thing that no other language can provide. Also code is easier to read because I can see exactly what CPU does.

Post 17 Jun 2011, 12:58
AsmGuru62

AsmGuru62
.NET has an awesome thing called Garbage Collector - I have most of its principles implemented in my IDE I develop right now. Not all of them - that would be overkill!
Post 17 Jun 2011, 15:04
typedef

typedef
AsmGuru62 wrote:
.NET has an awesome thing called Garbage Collector - I have most of its principles implemented in my IDE I develop right now. Not all of them - that would be overkill!

Well to me

.NET = SHIT Very Happy

I'd hate to see FASM .NET lol
Post 18 Jun 2011, 02:20
edfed

edfed
programming is just shit.

it is a way for us (loosers) to forget more our natural loose attitude, by prouving ourself that we are not so loosers.
Post 18 Jun 2011, 03:00
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TmX

TmX
1. Java
Maybe contrary to most members here: I do quite like Java. Most mobile apps these days are written in Java (and Objective-C). And not to mention J2EE, which are used on the back-end for many companies.

2. Python
Writing small scripts (task automation, text processing, etc)

3. Haskell, Scala
I am interested in functional programming (FP). Haskell is somehow more academical, while Scala tries to be more practical by combining OOP and FP.
Scala is a better Java, I guess.

4. Assembly, C
Used on "low level stuff", e.g studying Linux kernel, debugging, etc.
Post 18 Jun 2011, 03:44
f0dder

f0dder
typedef wrote:
.NET = SHIT Very Happy
Got any experience with it, or are you just talking out of ignorance like most of the haters? Smile

typedef wrote:
I'd hate to see FASM .NET lol
That wouldn't really make any sense anyway, would it now? The idea of .NET languages is to work at a pretty high level of abstraction, in order to Get Things Done(TM) at a reasonable pace, and being able to manage huge projects... Assembly is about focusing on nitty-gritty details and expressing exactly what you mean.

TmX wrote:
1. Java
Maybe contrary to most members here: I do quite like Java. Most mobile apps these days are written in Java (and Objective-C). And not to mention J2EE, which are used on the back-end for many companies.
I find Java as a language to be relatively decent (C# feels like "the better Java" though, because of language features as well as implementation details). The problem I see with Java is that it's usually used for very... enterprisey... stuff. Java is what I'm doing for a living now (for the past two weeks), and - surprise surprise - the stuff I'm dealing with it is goddamn enterprisey, to the point of facepalming and cursing at others Smile

Post 18 Jun 2011, 11:23
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
i don't understand, why they make it hard to develop application,
this process should be fun, easy and direct.
Post 18 Jun 2011, 13:53
Enko

Enko
Quote:

typedef wrote:
.NET = SHIT

Got any experience with it, or are you just talking out of ignorance like most of the haters

what kind of .NET? c++, vb, c#...etc..

managed c++ the syntax is a little bit complicated for my taste.
and C#, one of the developers of Delphi worked on the desing. So with C# and Delphi theres some points very similar. It's a really good RAD C#.
For big corporate project with a lot of windows its a great tool. For hobby, its a liitle bit boring as the IDE do a lot of code for you.

I always programmed as hobby.
My fist language used was Pascal, then Object Pascal with Delphi. I used it about 3 years.
The I went bicurious.
Tried ActionScript, php, c# (1 year), asm(for ever^^), c++ this last year.
I´m note an experienced programmer. But when I need to do some tool for me, now I use: asm/php.

For my work, I needed a tool with datebase for managing celphone service repair orders. So I did it, about 3 years ago and I´m still using it.

When I need somthing string related, my first and unique choise is PHP. It hase a lot of functions for string parsing and making the output using html is very easy and it looks great and intuitive.
This case is the most common one.
And one other thing great with php, is very easy to share the app. You just upload it to some free server and pass the link to others and its done. You can access it with any pc with internet or even on mobile phone.

And in the case of assembly, I use it when i need to do somthing windows related.
The last project I remember was un Icon Editor. But I got stuck on the icon file format with the alpha channel. Couldn´d find or understand the documentation of how to store the alpha channel mask.
As latly I don´t have much free time, or when I have it I kind of tired, I just spend daily some time on this forum to see some code so I don´t loos all the experience.
Post 18 Jun 2011, 14:02
f0dder

f0dder
Enko wrote:
managed c++ the syntax is a little bit complicated for my taste.
Don't see much point in managed C++ myself - you don't get the performance benefit of C++, and you lose out on the advantages more modern languages like C# give you... and with managed C++, you also lose out on intellisense and IDE niftyness.

Enko wrote:
and C#, one of the developers of Delphi worked on the desing.
Not just Delphi, Anders Hejlsberg wrote his first Pascal compiler back in 1980 or so - changed name a couple of times, it was called Poly Pascal when he sold it to Borland, which then named it Turbo Pascal, Borland Pascal with version 7, and then built Delphi ontop of it. That's the story, more or less Smile

Enko wrote:
So with C# and Delphi theres some points very similar. It's a really good RAD C#. For big corporate project with a lot of windows its a great tool. For hobby, its a liitle bit boring as the IDE do a lot of code for you.
IMHO the IDE mainly handles all the trivial plumbing code for you, the kind that isn't really very exiting to write (btw, check out http://caliburnmicro.codeplex.com/ if you're going to play more around with C# GUIs). I find the C# language to be a real joy to work in, even if the .NET framework definitely isn't perfect. You can get things done fast, the code can be very readable and well-structured, and performance is "good enough" for a lot of tasks Smile

Enko wrote:
I always programmed as hobby.
I used to, now I'm getting paid - feels good Razz (but does impose a lot of rules you don't have to follow when doing it as a hobby).

Enko wrote:
My fist language used was Pascal, then Object Pascal with Delphi. I used it about 3 years.
The I went bicurious.
TP6, 16bit asm (had to use assembly back on the 386s to get decent performance, the Pascal optimizer kinda sucked), BP7, 32bit asm, slight amount of Delphi, C, C++, dabblings with LUA and Python, bit of PHP, Java, C#, bit of Ruby/Rails, ... - lots of it not in great depths, though.

Enko wrote:
When I need somthing string related, my first and unique choise is PHP. It hase a lot of functions for string parsing and making the output using html is very easy and it looks great and intuitive.
It's very easy creating spaghetti crap, though... and the PHP standard library is an atrocity :/

Post 18 Jun 2011, 18:46
Enko

Enko
Quote:

not just Delphi, Anders Hejlsberg wrote his first Pascal compiler back in 1980 or so - changed name a couple of times, it was called Poly Pascal when he sold it to Borland, which then named it Turbo Pascal, Borland Pascal with version 7, and then built Delphi ontop of it. That's the story, more or less

Now it´s freaky clear why the C# is so familiar after using Delphi xD

Quote:

TP6, 16bit asm (had to use assembly back on the 386s to get decent performance, the Pascal optimizer kinda sucked), BP7, 32bit asm, slight amount of Delphi, C, C++, dabblings with LUA and Python, bit of PHP, Java, C#, bit of Ruby/Rails, ... - lots of it not in great depths, though.

I guess a lot off programers on this forum have tried some various languages. Asm C/C++, python, php, java seems like a kind of standart xD
Knowing all of these well, your kind of "all around programer".

Quote:

It's very easy creating spaghetti crap, though... and the PHP standard library is an atrocity :/

I heard Ruby have a really powerfull string managmnent routins. But for my taste, its loos to PHP becouse the php interpreter is embeded into almost every Web Server out there. You just upload the script ones, and you can access it almost everywhere. And the source is protected.
Post 18 Jun 2011, 19:49
typedef

typedef
i'm doing game programming using C#,
i have to say, .net is just shitty sometimes.

all i hate about it is when you distribute your app, if the target machine does not have the latest .net, they have to download it. that pisses me off...

if atleast they had done in a way that, during development, the use of .net is present to speed up linking processes etc,debugging, but not include it in the release version so that the app is all "NATIVE"
Post 18 Jun 2011, 19:54
typedef

typedef
btw i love these kind of talks
Post 18 Jun 2011, 19:57

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: