flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > The Thirteenth Floor

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thirteenth_Floor

consider the following:

1. could we reach such brain signals creation, copying and transmitting technology in 100 or 500 years from now?

2. assume we believe we could achieve such technology, does this mean, high probability that our current signals most probably are feed through copying? or you got reason anything like this is beyond possible.

3. how to distinguish you are inside VR or you are not? or any reasons to support it is not important to define you are inside or outside.
Post 02 Oct 2015, 01:21
mbr_tsr

mbr_tsr
the universe could be a hologram...there are easy simple effective math formulas to solve crime...you think this whole big flatassembler network could lead to a killing or murder...not really if we used careful intuition to really study the activity...the CIA could trap terrorists in a beautiful hologram...so they will live a happy, invincible life within the device...YES...life in a hologram...because not only is light trapped inside...also our entire self...there is hologram technology...laser 3D doors to not only amaze our eyes, but suck in our brain waves, these slivers of paper could let scientist create real life, real skin, real flesh...i strongly believe that 3D holograms could protect earth if the sun expands, or could intercept car crashes...plus if a kid takes this sliver of paper to school he could trap his teacher...or suck the brains of kids.....if we really study these 3D bad science clues...not only could we create an entire universe to live in safe and strong...we would never have to be afraid of crime or corruption...because the weather would be perfect...because the universe is in our hands...in a hologram.
Post 02 Oct 2015, 01:36
Tyler

Tyler
Post 02 Oct 2015, 14:35
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
interesting Tyler,
Quote:
Simulations are temporal ("can be turned off", "restarted"), so the longer we (as a mankind and/or as a person) live, the less likely it is that we are part of a simulation

assume the simulation has totally zero identifier about reality outside, eg. clock,
so pausing the simulation means, nobody is aware it is pause, turned off and save into hd, the next time we on it, it will continue from where we pause with no identifier to reflect changes simulation was paused and shutdown.

let say the moment i complete this paragraph, the simulation could already been paused and shutdown in reality outside,

and now i continue type, (might be already 1000 years in reality outside) since last shutdown and reopen, and nobody inside simulation will aware.
Post 02 Oct 2015, 17:16
typedef

typedef
Post 02 Oct 2015, 23:00
ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel
I've watched it many years ago and I don't remember it in details but I remember liking it. Maybe I should watch it again. The "wireframe world" scene was really good!
Post 03 Oct 2015, 15:36
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
been listening to The Exegesis of Philip K. Dick audio book lately.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Exegesis_of_Philip_K._Dick

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_K._Dick

maybe some of you guys will like too.
Post 06 Oct 2015, 11:19

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: