flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > tips sharing for photography lovers

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
i recalled, some of us here love photography,

Quote:

pho·tog·ra·phy
fəˈtäɡrəfē/
the art or practice of taking and processing photographs.

i would focus on the "taking" part since the processing part in 2015 is usually send to some photo's shop printing machine.

the usual practice in my location is, you could request the shop worker to not alter RGB of your photos, or let them adjust to see fit. (maybe due to color calibration and etc that beyond our control during printing)

my questions below, just want to view how others feel and think about the following.

1. you prefer real exact scene, color as how you see it, brightness, darkness as how you see it, or you see no harm to adjust whatever that you could adjust to make it special, creative, unreal, introduce something that eyes couldn't see and etc, (far from exact one eyes able to view)

2. how you find/detect specialty from most photos available on the internet?

3. by adjusting whatever that you could adjust in your DSLR, do you able to imagine the output before pressing the capture button? or it just take and check later?

4. do you learn by mimic? and how you increase your skill in "taking"

5. you take several pictures of a same scene to choose da best one, or strictly 1 or 2 shots only.

6. you self introduce/modify elements into photo or just shoot whatever that is available in that current physical reality during the moment of shooting?
Post 20 Sep 2015, 01:28
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
sleepsleep wrote:
1. you prefer real exact scene, color as how you see it, brightness, darkness as how you see it, or you see no harm to adjust whatever that you could adjust to make it special, creative, unreal, introduce something that eyes couldn't see and etc, (far from exact one eyes able to view)
Your eyes don't see anything even close to an "real exact scene". It depends upon the viewing circumstances. So this is an unattainable goal.

I know you have read about the controversial "what colour is the dress" picture. So you should already know this.
Post 20 Sep 2015, 01:36
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TmX

TmX
sleepsleep wrote:

I prefer "real exact scene", and of course by that term I mean whatever my eyes see. Smile
Ocasionally I do some post-processing with Lightroom, but I keep on on minimal amount.

sleepsleep wrote:

2. how you find/detect specialty from most photos available on the internet?

Personally I find long exposure, minimalistic landsape images to be fascinating. Or daily activities with a good sense of light. Do a Google image search on "Michael Kenna" and "Fan Ho", and you'll see what I mean Smile

sleepsleep wrote:

3. by adjusting whatever that you could adjust in your DSLR, do you able to imagine the output before pressing the capture button? or it just take and check later?

Yes, sometimes. And for this reason, I prefer digital instead of analog cameras.

sleepsleep wrote:

4. do you learn by mimic? and how you increase your skill in "taking"

Sure, that is what most people do. Learning by mimicing. And sometimes if learning alone is not motivating enough, do it on a group. Join the local photography communities to make exchanging photography knowledges easier.

sleepsleep wrote:

5. you take several pictures of a same scene to choose da best one, or strictly 1 or 2 shots only.

Usually several pictures of a scene. Again, this is the benefit of shooting digital. Pick the best and discard the rest.

sleepsleep wrote:

6. you self introduce/modify elements into photo or just shoot whatever that is available in that current physical reality during the moment of shooting?

The only thing I modify is the color, e.g adjusting contrasts, using film filter to achieve that vintage look, and so on. Other that that? No.
Post 20 Sep 2015, 09:49
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
revolution wrote:

Your eyes don't see anything even close to an "real exact scene". It depends upon the viewing circumstances. So this is an unattainable goal.

it is ok, just present the best one assume he saw before pressing the button.
it could be combining different images with different exposures to gain scene that otherwise is dark or etc, just want to hear how far one allow himself to output such images?

revolution wrote:
I know you have read about the controversial "what colour is the dress" picture. So you should already know this.

thanks,
Post 20 Sep 2015, 20:09
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
TmX wrote:

Do a Google image search on "Michael Kenna" and "Fan Ho"

both love black and white monochrome =) they love smoke and sun ray too i see.
nice images,

TmX wrote:

Sure, that is what most people do. Learning by mimicing. And sometimes if learning alone is not motivating enough, do it on a group. Join the local photography communities to make exchanging photography knowledges easier.

yeah,

TmX wrote:

discard the rest.

i met with someone who save everything he snaps and never delete, so he needs lots of external hard disk to backup everything =D

TmX wrote:

The only thing I modify is the color, e.g adjusting contrasts, using film filter to achieve that vintage look, and so on. Other that that? No.

you try concept photography before?
Post 20 Sep 2015, 20:27
TmX

TmX
sleepsleep wrote:

you try concept photography before?

Not yet, but already put that on my todo list as a way for learning photographic lightning.
Now I'm pursuing street photography, because it doesn't require any special setup. You just take a walk down the street and shoot Smile
Post 21 Sep 2015, 01:56
revolution

revolution
Some people have receptors for four colours in their retinas. Are there any cameras/film stock that can capture the extra channel? I couldn't find any just now but maybe in the past these were available?
Post 21 Sep 2015, 03:46
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
revolution wrote:

Are there any cameras/film stock that can capture the extra channel?

how to present that extra unknown color in the form of RGB?
Post 22 Sep 2015, 05:17
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
Top 10 Most Famous Portrait Photographers In The World
http://www.boredpanda.com/top-10-photographers-for-travel-portraits/
Post 22 Sep 2015, 05:18
revolution

revolution
sleepsleep wrote:
revolution wrote:
Are there any cameras/film stock that can capture the extra channel?
how to present that extra unknown color in the form of RGB?
You can't. That's kind of the point. The picture storage of all common formats that I am aware of can't accommodate four colour channels. But there might be some bespoke systems that can.

Even RGB is not able to cover the entire gamut of the human eye for people with three types of colour receptor.

Photography colouring is subjective. Even though a professional can make changes to approximate what s/he thinks they see there is still the problem of inconsistent reproduction on the average cheap RGB monitors that most people use daily. And even for prints, simply changing the lighting conditions will alter the perception of what people see.

Last edited by revolution on 22 Sep 2015, 22:05; edited 1 time in total
Post 22 Sep 2015, 06:12
Enko

Enko
Quote:
Some people have receptors for four colours in their retinas.

I remember reading it was actually only women. The gen is cared in the X chromosom. Same reson why woman hardly can be colorblind.
Post 22 Sep 2015, 17:28
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
http://www.podniesinski.pl/ultra/

chernobyl, fukushima, other long lost once populated places.
Post 22 Sep 2015, 21:10

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: