flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Your PC Setup? Keyboard, Mouse, Devices?

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
codestar

codestar
What do you use? Please post your PC setup and devices. Here's mine. Not fast by today's standards and no video card, but I'm happy with it. Excellent for programming. For gaming, I use Android TV (CX919).
Quote:
* PC: MiniX Z64W (Win8) - $175
* Keyboard: Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic: $60. Best one I've ever used
* Keypad: Razor Nostromo: $40. Customized for programming, 14 keys: Undo, redo, cut, copy, paste, run, etc
* Mouse: Anker Ergonomic: $15. Very comfortable "handshake" style. Wired for lightweight, 2.4G version is sluggish with 2 AAA batteries
* Remote: MiniX A2 air mouse+keyboard: $30
* 2 USB rotatable hubs: $5
* Spotlight: $5. Powerful with 3 AA batteries, 12 lights
--------------------------------------------
Total: $330
Mini Cameras
Quote:
* HD1280: Keychain HD Camcorder. Rating: 4/10. Low quality video, grainy pictures, horrible audio, "hard" operation, confusing lights, blue, red and purple. Not recommended. Paid $9
* Y3000 (Not Y2000. Says 8.0MP): World's Smallest HD Camcorder. Rating: 7/10. Pretty good video, close to HD. Pictures are same as video snapshot. Not high quality audio. Need fast Micro SD, class 10. Easy operation. Press once for picture. To record video, hold for 2 seconds until the blue light starts flashing. No LCD to see what you're recording. Aim takes practice. Overall, good for fun/hobby (example: mount on RC helicopters). Cute collectors item. Paid $23
* HD1080P Wifi ("Fake SJ4000"). Rating: 8.25/10. Video is "good enough", same as cell phone, Motorola Razr Maxx HD. LCD but no zoom, not even digital. Includes all mounts (example: motorcycle). Waterproof enclosure. Perfect for recreation. Paid $27
TT-029, MP3 Player with Loud Speaker ($10+)
Quote:
New video! Quotes from Revival by Stephen King. Must see! (Edited). Best viewed in full screen. Warning: Do NOT watch alone in the dark! Search e-bay/amazon/etc for "audio book". Recorded with "SJ4000 WIFI fake":

Description: My PC
Filesize: 274.76 KB
Viewed: 4927 Time(s)

my_pc.jpg

Last edited by codestar on 25 Aug 2015, 01:15; edited 2 times in total
Post 25 Aug 2015, 00:00
codestar

codestar
Microsoft sculpt ergonomic, "best" keyboard I've used. Paid $60.

Description:
Filesize: 20 KB
Viewed: 4921 Time(s)

sculpt_ergonomic.jpg

Post 25 Aug 2015, 00:14
codestar

codestar
Anker vertical ergonomic mouse. "Handshake" style. Paid $13 for wired, lightweight.

Description:
Filesize: 23.33 KB
Viewed: 4916 Time(s)

anker_mouse.jpg

Post 25 Aug 2015, 00:55
Foxxy

Foxxy

Quote:

Laptop: ASUS RoG G750JH - Overkill for programming, but I game in my free time.
Keyboard: HP KU-0316 - Generic and I love it, it's indestructible and cheap.
Mouse: Sentey Nebulus - Gaming mouse I got for free from the company
Mousepad: Sentey Kairos PRO extra thick - Mousepad I got for free from the company
Headset: Tactic3D Rage (Terrible headset, I wouldn't recommend) - Terrible, cost me a bit of money but the microphone is super quiet and sometimes breaks.

Monitors from left to right:
[Model] [Resolution][Ratio][Port]
Acer P244W | 1920x1080 | 16:9 | VGA
ASUS Laptop | 1920x1080 | 16:9 | Default
HP LP2465 | 1920x1080 | 16:9 | HDMI->DVI (converted)

External HDD: Seagate Freeagent Goflex 512gb - Great for backing up my programs and data

Total cost: I have no idea, most of this stuff I was lucky enough to find/score for free or cheap.

Close up of keyboard:

I also have a Raspberry Pi B+ that I use as a media center. I might take pictures/specs if I ever get around to it.
Post 25 Aug 2015, 04:59
codestar

codestar
Quote:
most of this stuff I was lucky enough to find/score for free or cheap.
Smart thinking. In rich neighborhoods on "garbage day", some people throw away new computers/towers if there is one minor problem - example: needs power or new hard drive - and they can't return it.

Quote:
Keyboard: HP KU-0316 - Generic and I love it, it's indestructible and cheap.
Whatever works for you. For years, I used cheap HP and Dell keyboards until I experienced ergonomic keyboards like Microsoft Natural (Classic), Logitech Wave (Ok), Sculpt Comfort (Looks good but hated it, painful downwards arc) and now the Sculpt Ergonomic which I've been using for the last 4 months. I love it. For Miracle CPU with TinyCC and Notepad++, I wanted a better keyboard than the Sculpt Comfort I had previously, it was NOT natural with the downward arc, typing 3,000+ lines of code per day may cause pain and/or damage to wrist tendons. So, for high-volume programming, my opinion is that Sculpt Ergonomic is the "best" choice right now with a custom X-Keys keypad. I'm currently using the Razer Nostromo keypad with only 14 functions, $20 used, and want to evolve into the X-Keys 60 below.

Quote:
I also have a Raspberry Pi B+ that I use as a media center
Me, too, only used my RPI for programming, GCC and FASM-ARM. For entertainment, I prefer Chinese Android TV devices such as CX919 with custom firmware - no spyware, "control-ware" or "ransom-ware" from phone companies - with an air mouse. Android is also good for C programming with C4Droid.

X-Keys XK 24 and 60 Custom Keypads. Search amazon, $150-$200+ each. Too much $ for me.

Description:
Filesize: 165.47 KB
Viewed: 4874 Time(s)

x_keys_24_60.jpg

Post 25 Aug 2015, 12:10
PeExecutable

PeExecutable
Post 26 Aug 2015, 20:19
redsock

redsock

Quote:
CPU: older Intel 3930k overclocked to 4ghz
MOBO: Asus Rampage IV Extreme
RAM: 32GB DDR3
HDD: 14TB various spinning and SSD
Keyboard: WASD custom key printing (vim keys)
Trackball: Kensington Slimblade
Monitors: three Dell U2711
Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (handwriting notes)

I too have Raspberry Pi, few arduino goods, lots of toys but that is my primary development desktop setup

Edit: removed quotes i left in there initially
Post 26 Aug 2015, 21:09
Foxxy

Foxxy
Beautiful setup redsock.
Post 27 Aug 2015, 06:00
codestar

codestar
redsock: Nice. You play games on that? COD? Dirt? Grid? I bought a Logitech Momo used and had 3 big old 17" CRT monitors for $15 each. $45. Thinking about getting another small 15"-17" vertical display for CX919 with C4Droid to create a standalone version of Abakis for Intel + ARM.

Keyboards and remotes:
Intellicharger and mini tripod (For "SJ4000 Fake Wifi"):
Eclipse MP4 player and TT-029 MP3 player (audio books):
Gadgets: Y3000 camera, USB drives (cartoons, Aladdin TV series, old V series, trutv Masterminds, Tales from the Crypt):
E-Cigarettes and e-juice (24MG: vanilla, chocolate, unicorn clouds and even magical like "California 24K"):

Last edited by codestar on 30 Aug 2015, 16:12; edited 2 times in total
Post 30 Aug 2015, 16:06
codestar

codestar
Quote:
... lots of toys...
Show off your toys Cool
Post 30 Aug 2015, 16:10
TheRaven

TheRaven
You are a full on, flaming assed, incurable GEEK and slightly impress me with your collection of keyboard devices. Holy sh!t you infected me!

Seriously though, that is a lot of toys and a hardcore collection; many items I recognize scouting for ergo devices, trackballs and custom items. Nice stuff fella.

My collection consists of a membrane Logicrap keyboard and a junky Kensington trackball with scrotum ring. How the hell did Kensington ever become popular --this thing sucks. The buttons broke, now I have improvised paper shims and still manage to pull of some trick shit in FPS games.

I'd post pics, but that would just be rude --my stuff is garbage.

I need to get Red Dragon or Razer stuff and be done with this mess and the shame.

Post 20 Oct 2016, 05:53

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: