flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Online Wct compiler test

Will you try Wct?
Yes, i will try it later
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
Maybe...
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
MIHIP

MIHIP
Hey guys! Please, help me to check project named "Online Wct compiler"!

Go to www.wctsite.tk/build/, copy contents of file https://github.com/Mihip/Wct/blob/master/Source/IDE/example.h, press to "Build" button, save program as .EXE, and run it. Program show window with text "Hello, world!" (comments in code example.h), then attach screenshot here (of Hello World program and site), and tell me, please, name of your OS (if hello world executed successfully) and it version, and also your browser.

Thanks! Very Happy

Psst! Want to join our team named Wct Studio? Just send me an e-mail: mihip@yandex.ru. Good luck!

Last edited by MIHIP on 06 May 2015, 16:52; edited 1 time in total
Post 04 May 2015, 21:41
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Bargest

Bargest
Translating MZ-PE executable files byte-by-byte from HEX to WCT notation is not fun or useful (looking at "Internal Server Error" page by your link is not fun either).
Some guys on habrahabr.ru have already said it to you.
Why don't you do something really interesting and useful?
Post 05 May 2015, 18:38
MIHIP

MIHIP
Bargest wrote:
Translating MZ-PE executable files byte-by-byte from HEX to WCT notation is not fun or useful (looking at "Internal Server Error" page by your link is not fun either).
Some guys on habrahabr.ru have already said it to you.

Fixed link, try now.

Bargest wrote:

Hmm. Coding in Wct for dos for me is interesting. Also, over 100 users coding with me. And in July will be released a book about programming in machine codes on Wct. Wink
Post 06 May 2015, 16:54
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Bargest

Bargest
It is not "coding", it is translating. These operations can be done with any PE file by auto-replace (ctrl+H) with any hex editor.
Direct coding in machine codes is just coding in assembly, but replacing understandable asm commands into hex-values. Translating them to "Wct" (which is base-16 encoding with modified alphabet) is just one more useless step - you replace in mind one symbols to other. Also direct writing binary files, including header, imports, sections and so on, makes you to write a lot of same numbers each time (or copy-paste it).

Esoteric languages are interesting, because they give you a different (hard) way of coding. They make you to use non-standard approach.
"Wct" just forces you to do totally the same actions in the most unconvenient way. It is like writing code on touchscreen with your left heel over right ear. What is the purpose?

So please, stop forcing this useless thing. I'm sure you can do something much more interesting.
Post 06 May 2015, 18:49
MIHIP

MIHIP
Bargest wrote:
It is not "coding", it is translating. These operations can be done with any PE file by auto-replace (ctrl+H) with any hex editor.
Direct coding in machine codes is just coding in assembly, but replacing understandable asm commands into hex-values. Translating them to "Wct" (which is base-16 encoding with modified alphabet) is just one more useless step - you replace in mind one symbols to other. Also direct writing binary files, including header, imports, sections and so on, makes you to write a lot of same numbers each time (or copy-paste it).

Esoteric languages are interesting, because they give you a different (hard) way of coding. They make you to use non-standard approach.
"Wct" just forces you to do totally the same actions in the most unconvenient way. It is like writing code on touchscreen with your left heel over right ear. What is the purpose?

So please, stop forcing this useless thing. I'm sure you can do something much more interesting.

Umm. Above 100+ users uses Wct in own purposes. You can use HEX or any other editor, but our users loves Wct. Thanks for your comment Smile Good luck.
Post 08 May 2015, 11:07
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
MIHIP: How are you counting your 100+ users? By the number of hits on your website?
Post 09 May 2015, 00:52
MIHIP

MIHIP
revolution wrote:
MIHIP: How are you counting your 100+ users? By the number of hits on your website?

No, by the number of active users in my group, who coding on wct.
Post 09 May 2015, 10:20
Bargest

Bargest
My instinct says, that MIHIP invented new mathematic equation: 2 = 100.
Quote:

https://vk.com/wctstudio?w=wall-74114476_82
[POLL]
Do you love Wct?
-Yes, of course
-I am don't understand
-Nope
Проголосовало 2 человека.

The last line says: "2 people voted" (and both said "don't understand"). This poll is on the VK wall for a half of a day. Maximum number of "likes" of posts in this group is 6.
MIHIP, these people are not coding with Wct, they are not even active users of group. They have only clicked "sign up" near certain VK page. Many of them are typical spam-bots with 1000+ sign-ups, 25 bots are banned now, and also there are a lot of people, who like to click "sign up" under every group they see.

[EDIT]
Wow. You removed this poll and invited 300 more people(bots?) in a half of a day, though previous year gave you only 100, marketing-sensei.
Poll screen before removal (screened ~ at 14 pm) is here.
Post 09 May 2015, 14:01
MIHIP

MIHIP
Bargest wrote:
My instinct says, that MIHIP invented new mathematic equation: 2 = 100.
Quote:

https://vk.com/wctstudio?w=wall-74114476_82
[POLL]
Do you love Wct?
-Yes, of course
-I am don't understand
-Nope
Проголосовало 2 человека.

The last line says: "2 people voted" (and both said "don't understand"). This poll is on the VK wall for a half of a day. Maximum number of "likes" of posts in this group is 6.
MIHIP, these people are not coding with Wct, they are not even active users of group. They have only clicked "sign up" near certain VK page. Many of them are typical spam-bots with 1000+ sign-ups, 25 bots are banned now, and also there are a lot of people, who like to click "sign up" under every group they see.

[EDIT]
Wow. You removed this poll and invited 300 more people(bots?) in a half of a day, though previous year gave you only 100, marketing-sensei.
Poll screen before removal (screened ~ at 14 pm) is here.

This poll has been a TEST. And, of course, i deleted them, because i am not longer needed this poll Smile
Post 10 May 2015, 09:00

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: