flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > The hystory of Fresh IDE development in 40 seconds.

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
JohnFound

JohnFound
Just for fun, I created an animation of the Fresh IDE development, using the repository timeline as a script.

The animation is created with a tool named gource and a script for converting the fossil timeline to gource format.

Enjoy the movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaXYIvJpdlU

Last edited by JohnFound on 04 Apr 2015, 17:17; edited 1 time in total
Post 04 Apr 2015, 16:35
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
HaHaAnonymous

HaHaAnonymous
Hey, JohnFound. I could not watch the movie as it requires JavaScript (joke intended: http://board.flatassembler.net/topic.php?t=13199)...

It is interesting, I do not know what those colored things mean. I will check it out later...

And by reading the title I was expecting something different like: You developing a complete or partial (but useful) software in 40 seconds (real time) to demonstrate how fast and easy one could create programs using the Fresh IDE.

But I think my English skills are to blame. D:

Thank you!
Post 04 Apr 2015, 16:45
JohnFound

JohnFound
@HaHaAnonymouse

The circles are files that get added, deleted and edited during the development process. At the title is the date and time when this happened.

For quick development using Fresh IDE, you can watch the other movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8d_kteyf_8
Post 04 Apr 2015, 17:00
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
HaHaAnonymous

HaHaAnonymous
Quote:

The circles are files that get added, deleted and edited during the development process. At the title is the date and time when this happened.

Do this program (gource) have an useful application, can help others in some way or is it just that?

If it is just that then it lies in the category "Less useful than a game". Because there are games who can help people, while gource can not. D:

Serious answers are appreciated. No harm intended.

I apologize for any inconveniences I may caused.
Post 04 Apr 2015, 17:20
JohnFound

JohnFound
gource is pretty interesting tool. It actually is visualization for version control systems. If used on the desktop, the visualization is interactive - you can stop it and see what user changed this or that file, what files was changed on some date, etc.

The movie on youtube is only pretty screen capture of the program output, created only for fun.

How useful is this tool? Well, it is mainly created with aesthetics in mind. But still can be useful in some way.
Post 04 Apr 2015, 18:28
HaHaAnonymous

HaHaAnonymous
Hey, JohnFound.
Thanks for answering!

I agree it is a interesting tool. I will probably give it a try as well.

Quote:

The movie on youtube is only pretty screen capture of the program output, created only for fun.

Did you try recording with FFmpeg? It is my favorite tool for that, you can download it statically linked for Linux or Windows and the good thing is that you can choose a codec that will suit your needs most (speed/quality or both speed and quality (x264 raw+fastest is one of the best in that regard)).
Post 04 Apr 2015, 18:53
JohnFound

JohnFound
@HaHaAnonymous - gource records raw uncompressed video. Then I encoded it with ffmpeg to x264. I am not an expert, so the settings probably could be better.
Post 04 Apr 2015, 19:18
JohnFound

JohnFound
And here is the same history but in details and longer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJm2h0ivcFg
Post 05 Apr 2015, 13:17

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: