flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Interstellar (movie)

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
YONG

YONG
revolution wrote:
1) How did he and the robot escape the black hole? Which, BTW, the chances of him being found floating in space like that were infinitesimal.

2) Where did the original information about the inside of the black hole come from? It forms an ontological paradox.
While I am not qualified to answer these questions on theoretical physics, I believe that the words said by a wise man could be the key:
Quote:
If you want to enjoy a movie you have to allow something called "suspension of disbelief". Without that there is a good chance you won't enjoy it. So just go with it and don't fight it. It gets stuff wrong, yes, but it is just a movie designed to entertain. It's not designed to teach. It is not a documentary. It is not a lecture class from university.
Who said those words?

Seems that we actually have an ontological paradox here.

Wink
Post 01 Aug 2015, 05:02
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
Hehe, I did enjoy the movie. But those questions were not addressed in the movie. Even if it had a cursory bit of bullshit sci-fi with some made up reasons that would have been nice. At least then I would know they recognised the problems and took some steps to mitigate them.
Post 01 Aug 2015, 05:45
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: