flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Windows 10

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
El Tangas wrote:
YONG wrote:
Is it a legit copy? I believe you need a license of Windows for the new machine.

Wink

That's another advantage of old software, I can get as many licenses as I want from friends, family and coworkers who updated to the latest versions Laughing Laughing

hope you get retail pack license Very Happy
Post 04 Sep 2016, 13:17
El Tangas

El Tangas
sleepsleep wrote:

hope you get retail pack license Very Happy

Sure, not the OEM crap. Difficult put possible Cool, depends on the software. It's unbelievable what some people abandon/throw away.

And many EULA clauses can legally be ignored here in the EU, regarding transference of software property. Not that I really care that much.
Post 05 Sep 2016, 00:48
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
it was claimed legal afaik if you got that OEM license with one parts of the OEM desktop / laptop, eg. hard disk, wire cable, etc

abandon wares, i love them, https://winworldpc.com/library

not sure how EU enforcement, but here if you report a company or organization, you get monies Laughing and most probably you also get gun shot afterward Laughing
Post 05 Sep 2016, 13:59
El Tangas

El Tangas
sleepsleep wrote:
it was claimed legal afaik if you got that OEM license with one parts of the OEM desktop / laptop, eg. hard disk, wire cable, etc

abandon wares, i love them, https://winworldpc.com/library

not sure how EU enforcement, but here if you report a company or organization, you get monies Laughing and most probably you also get gun shot afterward Laughing

Enforcement of anti-piracy laws in my country is not strong, though there are some prison sentences from time to time. The sentence is usually a few months.

According to this link http://globalstudy.bsa.org/2016/downloads/studies/BSA_GSS_US.pdf we have 39% pirate software around here, same as global average. We are pretty average, I guess Smile

And nice abandonware link, thanks. Some stuff there is quite valuable, like Borland Delphi 4.0 which includes the Borland win32 help files, they are not obsolete yet and contain an excellent explanation of the win32 API, as it was in 1998 (well, the core functions are the same). Very useful for beginners.
Post 06 Sep 2016, 00:18
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
rates of unlicensed software installation
japan and new zealand, very good, at 18% followed by australia and singapore,

among the lowest rates, czech, slovakia and hungary,

my country 53%, almost half of the nation pc got unlicensed bsa softwares

not sure about the validity of methods they used to come up with above numbers Laughing
Post 06 Sep 2016, 02:20
TheRaven

TheRaven
Windows 10 is f@^#ing awesome Revo!

It's the next evilutionary step in the Windows mash up cycle; Windows 8 (possibly 8.1 now after the anniversary update) makes babies with Windows XP (maybe sp1). It will be progressively developed though, so I look forward to forward thinking and the potential for catastrophic inoperability in the future. It does exist to make me look like an asshole --like I need help with that, my own mother hates me. LMAO.

Love ya Revo --nice ARMs; get it? Cause of the Arm development stuff, please don't hit me. Wink

Post 20 Oct 2016, 04:32
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
TheRaven wrote:
Windows 10 is f@^#ing awesome Revo!
Okay, awesome at what? I find it a small amount prettier than older versions, but I wouldn't call that awesome. It sure is awesome at being annoying though with all those animations everywhere. Another thing I suspect it is awesome at is spying. With MS having root access the awesomeness of personal data collection is a thing to be awed by. Wink Hehe, sorry, perhaps that is not what you were meaning by awesome?
Post 20 Oct 2016, 04:46
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG

YONG
YONG wrote:
YONG wrote:
revolution wrote:
Who needs all those files anyway, just as long as all the MS advertising and tracking is working then nothing else is important:
http://windowsreport.com/partition-disappears-windows-10-anniversary-update/
Lucky for me, I planned to do the update this weekend. Now, I guess I would have to wait and see!
I did the update yesterday. The partition issue persists. One of the hidden partitions (for recovery purposes) on my HDD becomes mounted, i.e., it gets assigned a drive letter. Yet, the drive letter of the mounted partition is not shown in Disk Management. M$ is actually doing a great job! Sigh! Mad

Wink
Having been offline for over two months, my Windows 10 laptop got updated a couple of days ago. The partition issue has been fixed. And the Windows Hello feature has been reinstated, which allows other sign in options such as PIN and fingerprint. Unfortunately, the feature seems to work only when the computer is online. So, at the end of the day, I need to sign in with my password even though my laptop has a fingerprint sensor. Sigh! Mad

Wink
Post 20 Oct 2016, 06:30
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
- genuine windows iso www.windowsiso.net if anyone need clean format to slow or fast ring

- http://www.majorgeeks.com/mg/sortname/windows_10_fixes.html to repair and fix
Post 20 Oct 2016, 07:24
revolution

revolution
Although this is not actually a Windows 10 issue, the fingerprint thing is really dumb IMO. With a password the user has the option to share it (if needed for some reason), and the option to not share it according to their own choice. But with fingerprints this choice is no longer available. Fingerprints are not secret. You leave them everywhere. Fingerprints can be duplicated without your knowledge. You can also be forced to use them to unlock whatever they protect by courts or thugs. You also cannot change your fingerprints; if they ever become compromised there is no way to rescind them.
Post 20 Oct 2016, 07:34
YONG

YONG
revolution wrote:
Although this is not actually a Windows 10 issue, the fingerprint thing is really dumb IMO.
You are probably right on this.

But my point is that such a feature should be available offline. In fact, it did when I first upgraded the OS of my laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Later updates, however, withheld the feature. Now, the feature is available again but does not work when the computer is offline. That drives me crazy! Mad

Wink
Post 20 Oct 2016, 08:33
revolution

revolution
If Win10 did everything offline then how would MS monitor you?
Post 20 Oct 2016, 13:13
YONG

YONG
Are you a spokesman/spokeswoman for M$? Rolling Eyes

Wink
Post 21 Oct 2016, 03:45
revolution

revolution
Maybe I should be. Somehow I think they wouldn't be very happy with me.

But nevermind, once you have been successfully been assimilated into the hive mind of MS control you'll feel much happier about them making sure everything you do is recorded online and analysed for opportunities to exploit you. Hehe
Post 21 Oct 2016, 06:29
YONG

YONG
revolution wrote:
Somehow I think they wouldn't be very happy with me.
Native English speakers would say:

"I don't think they would be very happy with me."

It seems that English is actually your second language.

Wink
Post 21 Oct 2016, 07:13
revolution

revolution
YONG wrote:
Did you forget this post?
English is only my second language but I feel that it is the most useful for exchange of ideas inside source files, even internally to myself.
Post 21 Oct 2016, 08:22
YONG

YONG
revolution wrote:
YONG wrote:
Did you forget this post?
English is only my second language but I feel that it is the most useful for exchange of ideas inside source files, even internally to myself.
No, I did not. How could someone with a memory similar to that of an elephant forget that thread?

For your information, I did not take part in that thread.

Wink
Post 21 Oct 2016, 11:08
Furs

Furs
revolution wrote:
Okay, awesome at what? I find it a small amount prettier than older versions, but I wouldn't call that awesome. It sure is awesome at being annoying though with all those animations everywhere.
Prettier??? I find it completely horrendous IMO, especially the top of the window area (the titlebar I think it is called). Chrome is the same way (regardless of window manager even on Linux), this mobile design is an eyesore and kills fast functionality, it feels as if all windows are "inactive" because of that whiteness. Don't forget some of the checkboxes in Win10 are replaced with that mobile bullshit "slider" which is only on or off, taking up more space for zero reason (because a checkbox is so hard to read or tap, right?).

Personally I have a special bond with the classic windows theme. Which is why I never used any Windows above 8, but especially 10, in terms of design only (ignoring all the other issues). Only Win10 I will ever use is in a temporary VM if any apps will require it (but only if it's a temporary thing), because I despise it.

I use the classic Win NT/2000 theme on Linux too, as close as possible to the original. I find it very functional and pleasing to the eye if the background is made somewhat greyish instead of the normal white. Plus I grew up with it so we have a bond I suppose. Razz

So one of the reasons I switched to Linux awhile ago was because of design indeed. I mean I had to customize Linux to look like the classic windows theme, too, but at least it gave me that opportunity. I couldn't find that with Windows 10 and I can't really be bothered to look for it, considering how many issues it has.

One thing is for sure, I'm at war with the retarded mobile "design" Mad
Post 22 Oct 2016, 12:41
system error

system error
Can win10 read toe print? I am curious. If it can then there is an added security feature for you. I mean, who would have thought that? Your horribly smelly feet can open a window? That's BIOSECURITY my friends! Very Happy
Post 22 Oct 2016, 13:20
revolution

revolution
Furs wrote:
Prettier??? I find it completely horrendous IMO ...
Actually I also use the Win2k classic theme because I find it less space wasting and more functional at a glance. But it is not a "pretty" theme. It is a plain theme, which is all I need.
Post 22 Oct 2016, 14:03

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: