flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Windows 10

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
Dear Microsoft,

Thanks you for the prompt reply. I appreciate that you are all very busy searching people's data for things to monetise and exploit, so it is truly wonderful to realise that someone there still has spare time to reply to me.

As for your conditions for getting a free license: Before I reveal such information, I would like to know how you intent to exploit, erm I mean, use my gender information?

Thanks,
revolution
Post 31 Jul 2016, 13:19
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
revolution

revolution
Offtopic posts have been moved to here.
Post 02 Aug 2016, 06:46
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
revolution

revolution
Who needs all those files anyway, just as long as all the MS advertising and tracking is working then nothing else is important:
http://windowsreport.com/partition-disappears-windows-10-anniversary-update/

They can't even figure out their own hardware so what hope is there for all those random bits of cheap commodity stuff that everyone else uses? The Surface is supposed to be like the Apple things where they have complete knowledge and control of all aspects of the system:
http://windowsreport.com/surface-pro-4-reboot-loop-anniversary-update/
Post 04 Aug 2016, 03:30
YONG

YONG
revolution wrote:
Who needs all those files anyway, just as long as all the MS advertising and tracking is working then nothing else is important:
Lucky for me, I planned to do the update this weekend. Now, I guess I would have to wait and see!

Wink
Post 04 Aug 2016, 03:36
YONG

YONG
YONG wrote:
revolution wrote:
Lucky for me, I planned to do the update this weekend. Now, I guess I would have to wait and see!
I did the update yesterday. The partition issue persists. One of the hidden partitions (for recovery purposes) on my HDD becomes mounted, i.e., it gets assigned a drive letter. Yet, the drive letter of the mounted partition is not shown in Disk Management. M$ is actually doing a great job! Sigh! Mad

Wink
Post 14 Aug 2016, 03:27
revolution

revolution
YONG wrote:
I did the update yesterday.
Welcome to the panopticon.
YONG wrote:
The partition issue persists. One of the hidden partitions (for recovery purposes) on my HDD becomes mounted, i.e., it gets assigned a drive letter. Yet, the drive letter of the mounted partition is not shown in Disk Management. M$ is actually doing a great job! Sigh!
But the tracking and advertising are still working okay, right? As long as the important things are working then the other minor stuff, like having access to your own stuff, is of low priority. If you ever lose your files, then don't worry, I'm sure MS have already uploaded them onto their servers and are examining them now. If you ask nicely, and they approve your request, they might even let you download some of it for your own use.
Post 14 Aug 2016, 10:15
YONG

YONG
Thank you very much! I mean it.

I keep learning new things from you.

First, I have never come across this word "panopticon" before. Now I know it.

Second, I did not know that our galaxy, the Milky Way, would have an imminent collision with the Andromeda Galaxy. I guess I really have to get prepared for it.

You are so knowledgeable!

Wink
Post 14 Aug 2016, 11:06
revolution

revolution
YONG wrote:
I did not know that our galaxy, the Milky Way, would have an imminent collision with the Andromeda Galaxy. I guess I really have to get prepared for it.
Yes, make sure you have some spare batteries and wireless cards available. You wouldn't want to break your connection with MS just because of some galaxy destroying cataclysmic event. Wink
Post 14 Aug 2016, 11:24
YONG

YONG
revolution wrote:
make sure you have some spare batteries and wireless cards available. You wouldn't want to break your connection with MS ...
Duly noted.

Wink
Post 14 Aug 2016, 12:18
Walter

Walter
What trust level would you assign to a Microsoft Partner for a product like this:

Just seems a conflict of interest.
Post 17 Aug 2016, 08:21
revolution

revolution
Walter wrote:
Just seems a conflict of interest.
It depends upon what spying they are anti. Perhaps they stop you and other 3rd party programs from spying on Microsoft's data ex-filtration. So you think everything is fine. Naturally the perception that everything is okay is all that matters.
Post 17 Aug 2016, 11:01
revolution

revolution
MS are getting very sloppy of late. They appear to be more interested in getting those personal data points than providing any quality service.

https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/76719/microsoft-broken-millions-webcams-windows-10-anniversary-update

Quote:
In the support thread, customers are stating how Skype is freezing but more concerning are comments such as this: “We have a working product running for years and millions of unhappy users that are unable to use it at all after this update” and another user states “We have millions of users and we are in situation now where we have to tell them not to update the Windows anymore or switch to Mac OS.” These are clearly enterprise customers who have customer machines running the Anniversary update that has broken their product who are now scrambling to resolve these issues.
Post 20 Aug 2016, 08:53
YONG

YONG
@revolution: Please just use "MBR" for your location. Your current expression does not look good. Refer to the attachment.

Wink

Description:
Filesize: 44.16 KB
Viewed: 4105 Time(s)

Screenshot 2016-08-20 at 17.20.07.png

Post 20 Aug 2016, 09:23
YONG

YONG
revolution wrote:
MS are getting very sloppy of late.
M$ have always been sloppy. Just get used to it!

Wink
Post 20 Aug 2016, 09:25
revolution

revolution
YONG wrote:
revolution wrote:
MS are getting very sloppy of late.
M$ have always been sloppy. Just get used to it!
I don't disagree with you. I said very sloppy. Previously they were just sloppy.
Post 20 Aug 2016, 09:29
YONG

YONG
revolution wrote:
I don't disagree with you.
I would avoid using double negatives. Refer to:

http://examples.yourdictionary.com/examples-of-double-negatives.html
Quote:
Double negatives are not encouraged in English because they are poor grammar and they can be confusing
Wink
Post 21 Aug 2016, 04:00
revolution

revolution
YONG wrote:
revolution wrote:
I don't disagree with you.
I would avoid using double negatives. Refer to:

http://examples.yourdictionary.com/examples-of-double-negatives.html
Quote:
Double negatives are not encouraged in English because they are poor grammar and they can be confusing
Maybe you forgot about the neutral position? Because the alternative (i.e. the negative) is cumbersome: "I either agree with you or I am neutral and have no opinion." I think I prefer what I said above, it gets the point across more concisely and more succinctly. Or should that be conciselier and succinctlier?

And besides, those self proclaimed "correct style" guides take all the fun out of communicating. Razz
Post 21 Aug 2016, 04:06
YONG

YONG
revolution wrote:
And besides, those self proclaimed "correct style" guides take all the fun out of communicating.
So, it boils down to fun. That's why you keep retelling your old joke. Evil or Very Mad

Wink
Post 21 Aug 2016, 04:12
revolution

revolution
YONG wrote:
So, it boils down to fun.
I wouldn't quite go so far as to say it is only for fun, but essentially, yes. What is the point of breathing if one is not enjoying oneself? Get out and enjoy the world, forget about what MS is trying to force-feed down to our computers with the new webcam breaking code, and the best-of-breed deep-integration unbreakable and unstoppable spying technologies.

Actually I wonder if the intended purpose of the new webcam multi-access code was to allow even deeper spying by enabling background tasks to capture streams and send them the NSA/GCHQ/MS/ISIS, and the user doesn't see any difference because skype still works for them? Of course since MS screwed up now people will be more circumspect.
Post 21 Aug 2016, 04:37
YONG

YONG
revolution wrote:
What is the point of breathing if one is not enjoying oneself?
So, it becomes the ultimate question: What do you live for?

Many people never enjoy themselves. They live for the benefits of the others.

revolution wrote:
... to allow even deeper spying by enabling background tasks to capture streams and send them the NSA/GCHQ/MS/ISIS
How come you always suspect there is a connection to ISIS? What benefits would M$ get by helping ISIS? You are being paranoid!

Wink
Post 21 Aug 2016, 05:56

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: