flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > what exactly is freedom of speach? critics?

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
Quote:
freedom/ˈfriːdəm/
noun

the power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants.
the state of not being imprisoned or enslaved.
the state of not being subject to or affected by (something undesirable).
a special privilege or right of access, especially that of full citizenship of a city granted to a public figure as an honour.
familiarity or openness in speech or behaviour.

so what exactly is freedom,?
so now i couldn't critic or draw, or write something that obviously so wrong in my point of view, but so right in your point of view?

so, when one regard something as truth, this truth cannot be criticized by others? they rebranded it into showing respect,

but why one should show respect to something that so obviously negative, wrong and cruel from their pov?

we got a situation like oil and water, they don't mix together.

human cling on ideas, some stop exploring by claiming what they found as ultimate truth, some keep on explore and discover with open mind the infinite possibilities.

ideas and thoughts are just something that arise from consciousness, a spark, a spark after changes, and changes cause changes, and somehow this thought arise from countless changes.

belief is keep on holding particular ideas and don't want to let go.

there is no right and wrong here, belief is an action inside mind,

but forcing others to agree with your ideas inside your mind or become another you is definitely negative.

if you having rights, or you feel it is ok to promote your ideas to others,
then it is equally right for others to anti promote your ideas.

Quote:
bully1/ˈbʊli/
noun

a person who uses strength or influence to harm or intimidate those who are weaker.

verb

use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force them to do something.

so, when you are directed to shut up or be killed, no chance to voice your ideas, but you can only listen and accept my ideas, that is bully. obviously and totally bully.

a real enlightened human will solve a problem without killing any human,

a real enlightened human will try to bring positive value and enlighten people around him/her through repeatable science proved knowledge and understanding

this whole issue is about a group of people who keep holding ideas, promote ideas, but never try to understand other people ideas.

what can you say to fools who keep on holding and claiming he got the biggest number?

my number is always your number + 1.
Post 10 Jan 2015, 15:48
tthsqe

tthsqe
freedom of speech means using a asm board to talk about completely irrelevant topics.
Post 10 Jan 2015, 18:00
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
Perhaps we should be looking at the root cause of the problem rather than the symptoms of the aftermath. So I am talking about taking offence at something is the root cause of the problem. How to solve that? Easy. Learn to take criticism. Don't be so fragile in your views that you feel threatened by someone else's opinion. Be tolerant of other people's views and they will be tolerant of yours.

Last edited by revolution on 11 Jan 2015, 03:13; edited 2 times in total
Post 10 Jan 2015, 19:09
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
l_inc

l_inc
revolution
Very true. There are more examples of degradation resulting from an attitude like "don't read my posts if you don't like those, but don't ever criticize me". Smile

Post 10 Jan 2015, 20:41
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
root cause of the problem,
taking offense at something, agree with you, revolution,
learn to take criticism as the solution, agree with you too.

but this group of human don't want to learn how to take criticism, and they don't accept any critic or any words about their view, this is like a damn shitty virus that pass from generation to generation,

why and how peoples' mind could be so concealed?

i could see that when one perceive them self as source of knowledge, source of all unknown information, source of everything, that ego will rise up to the state of unchallengeable position,

i see a solution as, showing them, teaching them, surprise them, as a move to break their i know all mindset.
which is what i mean in my number always your number + 1.
Post 11 Jan 2015, 16:05
m3ntal

m3ntal
Quote:
"don't read my posts if you don't like those, but don't ever criticize me". Smile

1. I present sketches/designs for designers, to help them, not for people who are born ignorant of art/design/innovation and do nothing but try to prevent evolution
2. I don't have to respect opinions that are based on ignorance; if you don't have knowledge of the subject and/or personal experience, I don't care what you have to say. Do you care what C-only programmers - who don't know assembler - think about assembler?
3. I'm offended by the extreme insane hypocrisy of people who sit back, judge everyone else, try to control people, tell them what to do, but they're not real programmers, they don't make programs. They're just fakes who come online, claim to have abilities and pretend to be a programmer without presenting evidence.

No one has a right to judge me. No one has any business telling me what to do. I've made 1,000s of programs in my lifetime.

sleep just promotes and recommends anything that's popular... cloud services, anti-virus software... What's next? Microchips?!! He doesn't care about what's good for technology or humanity.
Quote:
Why won't you let my small control you, tell you what to do?
Quote:
I like you, therefore, I'm going to believe everything you say about programming without question. I will never think for myself and come to my own conclusions.
Quote:
Oh, no! Doomsday prophecy! Run!!

BTW: The comparisons to gunmen who kill school kids originated from sleep and fodder, the weakest "programmers" in this community. Jealous haters who never produce anything.
Post 11 Jan 2015, 17:21
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
m3ntal wrote:
... programmer without presenting evidence.
There is no minimum requirement to participate in this board. No one has to present anything if they don't wish to. Lack of evidence is not evidence of no skill.
Post 11 Jan 2015, 18:19
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
1. you claim you help others.
2. you only accept words that suite your taste.
3. offended by people who is pretending.

by reaching 1k programs threshold, nobody can judge you or tell you what to do.

Quote:

sleep just promotes and recommends anything that's popular... cloud services, anti-virus software... What's next? Microchips?!! He doesn't care about what's good for technology or humanity.

then you proceed to judge me =)

Quote:

BTW: The comparisons to gunmen who kill school kids originated from sleep and fodder, the weakest "programmers" in this community. Jealous haters who never produce anything.

and another judgement from you.

the present of your words in this thread is actually helping a lot!, thank you very much.
Post 11 Jan 2015, 20:37
m3ntal

m3ntal
Quote:
No one has to present anything if they don't wish to.
I don't have to respect people who claim to have abilities but can't present evidence.

sleep: I'm not here for you. I wouldn't waste my time trying to teach you. There are lots of people like you in this world (John, Guru, Benny Hinn, Pat Robertson)

Quote:
"Ooh, my opportunity to control someone. I finally found someone who's talented who I can use and take advantage of, tell him what to do, get him to work for me for free. I could make so much $ from his abilities. Why won't he do what I tell him? I'm going to portray him as an evil character. Maybe then he'll listen to me and do what I want."
FU, sleep, worthless human.

Last edited by m3ntal on 12 Jan 2015, 03:25; edited 1 time in total
Post 12 Jan 2015, 03:11
m3ntal

m3ntal
I wish there was a way to block users. I would prevent you from seeing my messages if I could.
Post 12 Jan 2015, 03:21
nyrtzi

nyrtzi
My view is that freedom of speech is about the basic right of being allowed freely to express any thought.

In other words no one else has the right to censor what you say. Instead you are supposed to self-censor yourself keeping in mind that with great power comes great responsibility. Being free does not free you to use your rights in a way which compromises the rights of others or is equivalent to your being a total scumbag towards others. I don't believe that anyone has the right to act like an a-hole. Especially not just for fun. That is just moronic and immature.

Actions have consequences and no one is exempt from the responsibility of causing the consequences of ones actions nor is one justified in whining about them after causing them. You deliberately or out of stupidity kicked your toe into something and now it hurts like hell? Well too bad. You shouldn't have if you didn't want the pain.

However two wrongs don't make a right. Someone did something bad so someone else punished him for it? Then we simply have two wrongdoers instead of one and neither of them can brag about being right or using their rights and freedoms right.

Someone publishes a comic which has what you consider to be of bad taste? There a number of constructive ways of handling the situation which don't involve harming other people. You could for example just use your own right tell them off publicly and make it clear why what they're doing is not right.

Then again being able to do the right thing requires thought and not everyone seems to have the capability of doing that in stock or enough practise of doing that under the belt. Just to be absolutely clear I'm referring to both sides here.

Yes there are people who can't take criticism and get all emotional and stubborn if they get called out for what they are. I'd just say "Fine, whatever" as long as it's a matter them exercising their right to think whatever they want but if based on those thoughts or for any reason they do something wrong then it's a matter of society having the responsibility to put them back in line.

I don't feel like I've said anything here which shouldn't be obvious to everyone.

There is a better way and quoting an old tradition on the subject there are two things to say about it. Don't avenge evil with evil but instead defeat it with good. Don't just think about yourself but also think of what is good for others as well.
Post 12 Jan 2015, 19:20
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
is mind evolve or devolve when it turned into a state that is so tight that it couldn't fits any other ideas anymore? idk,

does a person positive state of mind and allowing only positive thoughts/ideas is actually equal in the sense of extremism to another person with negative state of mind and only allowing negative thoughts and ideas?

when one doesn't care or fail to define what is right and what is wrong,
it could probably means, favour or choosing something over another thing is like gambling with moody dices.

it could translated into our words, actions and so on, random moody dices, where in fact,
if the definition are set up, installed, the spark of ideas will have to go through that filtering process first,

it brings to moral question, in a panic situation,
like a see saw
like letting go left side will kill 10 people, but will save right side 10 people
letting away right side will kill 10 people, but will save left side 10 people,
if holding both will kill them all 20 people.

i could only see, preventing such situation to arise is the only positive way i could think,
so don't let situation evolve into such state that sacrifice is the only way to proceed.
Post 12 Jan 2015, 20:15
mbr_tsr

mbr_tsr
means you can say anything any topic be a big mouth, compliment, insult, God gave us a mouth to use, it is a natural gift, words are not an action, they say words are weapons that is false, words are a sound in the air, our country gave us a right to say anything we want, good or bad, we have 101% right to mix together any and all words and speak them. you can never get in trouble for what we say. so freedom of speech means never be afraid to put words together and say them, there is Never a time to get in trouble for what you say.
Post 15 Jan 2015, 16:42
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
if one really need to assign a creator in idea in order to appreciate the given mouth,
i prefer to name it "unknown".

mbr_tsr wrote:

we have 101% right to mix together any and all words and speak them

this sentence rise a thought inside my mind,
so it is definitely possible by for a monkey with keyboard to actually produce those holly book verses
Post 16 Jan 2015, 11:36
system error

system error
Well, for one thing, there is no freedom of speech. It depends on the law in place where u live. There is no universal freedom of speech.

Like for example, you cannot publish anything that deny the existence of Holocaust. Its against the law in most European countries. Freedom of speech doesn't apply here. Try to insult one particular race in these countries and next thing u know, you'll spend time behind bars.

Secondly, freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom to insult. Its an abuse of freedom of speech especially when your true intention is to make sales through unneccessary provocations.

Sleepsleep, which country do you live in? It's good to hear that your country is practicing a total freedom of free speech. I want to live there Very Happy
Post 18 Jan 2015, 22:16
system error

system error
Charlie Hebdo fired cartoonist for anti-Semitism in 2009. Freedom of speech?

As mocking young Mr Sarkozy converted to Judaism for money, Sine was accused of being Anti-Semitic and faced many preassures leading him to be fired from the weekly magazine

Maurice Sinet, 86, who works under the pen name Sine in the satirical weekly Charlie Hebdo, faced charges of "inciting racial hatred" for a column he wrote in 2009. The piece sparked a slanging match among the Parisian intelligentsia and ended in his dismissal from the magazine.

"L'affaire Sine" followed the engagement of Mr Sarkozy, 22, to Jessica Sebaoun-Darty, the Jewish heiress of an electronic goods chain. Commenting on an unfounded rumour that the president's son planned to convert to Judaism, Sine quipped: "He'll go a long way in life, that little lad."

A high-profile political commentator slammed the column as linking prejudice about Jews and social success. Charlie Hebdo's editor, Philippe Val, asked Sinet to apologise but he refused in a very strictly manner.

Mr Val's decision to fire Sine was backed by a group of eminent intellectuals, including the philosopher Bernard-Henry Lévy, but parts of the libertarian Left defended him, citing the right to free speech.

As mocking young Mr Sarkozy converted to Judaism for money, Sine was accused of being Anti-Semitic and faced many preassures leading him to be fired from the weekly magazine. The same magazine published cartoons even insulting the Islam Prophet Muhammad and Muslims yet explained them as “freedom of speech.”

Charlie Hebdo published cartoons about Jesus and Chiristianity, too, causing the magazine being sued 12 times by Catholic Church.
Post 18 Jan 2015, 22:23

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: