flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > parse stock price from screen then send to whatsapp users

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
signing up with stock exchange merchant enable me, or other trader to use their online realtime active x web IE application,

i search through some online facilities, but they will send you 15 minutes lag stock price, which delay the process to buy or sell.

1. the activex will prompt log out if there is no mouse or click movement within certain time frame
2. i want to parse my screen (maybe will open it inside virtual machine) and get the stocks price in a 5 or 10 seconds loop
3. base on rules, eg. price same as before, price increase 1 cent or fall 1 cent or etc, then decide whether to send the new price to my handset with whatsapp.

requirement,
1. how to parse screen into usable string/integer, suppose using some open source OCR
2. how to use whatsapp api if available, to forward information to users (in this case, myself)

for buy or sell activity, user (me) will log in to exchange online android app to perform.
or remote desktop back to buy/sell

any ideas?
Post 21 Dec 2014, 16:37
redsock

redsock
I have done the screen-scraping method many years ago, OCR isn't really needed because most of the finance apps use the same font (and/or it is configurable by you) such that you can do bitmap comparisons at known offsets, works well to turn the screen into text.

That being said, none of that is required these days... This is the goods that most everyone went to: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt7/historical_data.htm

Nice and easy-like, and loads of interesting "filter/signal" things to play with while you're at it.

Cheers
Post 21 Dec 2014, 19:50
Enko

Enko
Telegram is a good alternative in your case for whatsapp.
Its similar, Free of charge and it has the api documented. Plus you can send messages to mobile via web or pc installed program.
telegram.org
(on inconvinience though, is that you can't send messages to yourself, using same mobile number. You will have to have two different registred)

Quote:
1. how to parse screen into usable string/integer, suppose using some open source OCR

You can always parse the html source code perhaps using regex?
Or just simply finding the correct <div> in the source and taking its content?
Post 22 Dec 2014, 22:12
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
hi redsock,
thanks for your reply,
i was thinking about a more universal approach, maybe some other future project i will need OCR too for environment that i couldn't control, =) thanks.

hi enko,
i haven't use telegram in my android, but if they provide public api for others to reuse, might consider to use telegram =)

btw, the source are using IE active x embedded object, can't see them in <div> or etc html tag.
Post 23 Dec 2014, 12:27

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: