flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > New report about e-cat cold fusion has been released.

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
JohnFound

JohnFound
It is about Andrea Rossi e-cat device, claimed to be cold fusion reactor. Here is the .pdf with the reports.

They claim independent measurements of the reactor input electrical power and the output heat power. The result is claimed 1.5MWh excessive energy generated from 1g of fuel for 32 days long experiment.

Post 14 Oct 2014, 06:35
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
wow, is this real?
finally a real deal

last time i heard he already released blueprint to various big countries,
Post 14 Oct 2014, 07:00
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
sleepsleep wrote:
wow, is this real?
Don't know. If it is real then great, I suppose. If not then it is just another scam. Once they start selling them in the corner store for installation into the flying DeLorean then we will know for sure.
Post 14 Oct 2014, 07:59
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
JohnFound

JohnFound
Or someone can try to reproduce it. The apparatus is simple enough. The internal structure is not known, but hey, what so complex can be mounted in a ceramic tube heated to 1400 degrees? So, the secret (if any) is in the fuel. But the above report reveals (at least partially) the composition of the fuel: Ni + some hydride of the Li.
Post 14 Oct 2014, 08:40
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
revolution wrote:
Once they start selling them in the corner store for installation into..

it means please sell away energy companies stocks, TPTB might try insane methods to brand this as scam.

web to buy bulk nickel,
www.metalshipper.com/nickel-8.htaml
Post 14 Oct 2014, 12:40
Matrix

Matrix
revolution wrote:
sleepsleep wrote:
wow, is this real?
Don't know. If it is real then great, I suppose. If not then it is just another scam. Once they start selling them in the corner store for installation into the flying DeLorean then we will know for sure.

Relax, it is a scam Wink

Free energy is already invented btw, it is called "Sun"
There are also things that are called "Wind turbine", "Geothermal power plant" and even "Ocean wave energy generator"
The world is in energy crysis you know, we need to build many nuclear power plants (A&H-Bombs and super-secret nuclear batteries)
Post 14 Oct 2014, 17:04
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
revolution

revolution
Matrix wrote:
Free energy is already invented btw,
AFAICT no one claimed it is free energy. Apparently it has a fuel source.
Matrix wrote:
it is called "Sun"
But it is only prepared to show it's face half the time. And even then it likes to hide behind the clouds quite often. So it is not very reliable. And energy storage is hard.
Post 14 Oct 2014, 17:12
r22

r22
The fact that the inventor won't release the inner workings (conceals them in patents as trade secrets) to a potentially world changing device reinforces the notion that this is a scam.

Consider a magician's trick, the audience is free to examine it's outter appearance (box with curtain around it), its input (pretty assistant), and its output (possibly 2 pretty assistants or someone else or nothing). Without being able to inspect the inner workings of the machine an investigation is suspect.

As for sun power, a stationary satelite that is always pointing it's solar collectors at the sun could beam down power to stations on Earth continually.

I'm partial to vortex generator that creates a contained tornado (dust devil) to harvest power from. www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1F9f6o5W8I http://www.fmrl.gatech.edu/drupal/projects/solarvortex Next summer I may decide to build one in my back yard, if my house gets sucked away I'll be sure to let you guys know.
Post 14 Oct 2014, 18:54
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
AsmGuru62

AsmGuru62
Wind turbines are questionable - research shows they affect living organisms in a destructive way.
Post 14 Oct 2014, 20:18
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
magic leaked?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/10/15/us-lockheed-fusion-idUSKCN0I41EM20141015

Quote:
(Reuters) - Lockheed Martin Corp said on Wednesday it had made a technological breakthrough in developing a power source based on nuclear fusion, and the first reactors, small enough to fit on the back of a truck, could be ready for use in a decade.

Tom McGuire, who heads the project, said he and a small team had been working on fusion energy at Lockheed's secretive Skunk Works for about four years, but were now going public to find potential partners in industry and government for their work.
Post 15 Oct 2014, 14:59
Matrix

Matrix
sleepsleep wrote:
magic leaked?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/10/15/us-lockheed-fusion-idUSKCN0I41EM20141015

Quote:
(Reuters) - Lockheed Martin Corp said on Wednesday it had made a technological breakthrough in developing a power source based on nuclear fusion, and the first reactors, small enough to fit on the back of a truck, could be ready for use in a decade.

Tom McGuire, who heads the project, said he and a small team had been working on fusion energy at Lockheed's secretive Skunk Works for about four years, but were now going public to find potential partners in industry and government for their work.

Not really new thing, this is how nuclear submarines work.

Check this out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_battery
you only need a ball of radioactive stuff, heat a TEC with it and you have electricity while your ball is hot.
Post 15 Oct 2014, 17:54
revolution

revolution
Matrix: That report says nuclear fusion. Which is a very large difference from nuclear fission.
Post 15 Oct 2014, 18:16
neville

neville
Yes fusion runs a wee bit hotter Wink But fusion reactors can easily be self-contained, if they happen to be the dominant mass in the vicinity, like stars Smile

Post 16 Oct 2014, 00:55

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: