flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > how bout if we build our fasm own LINUX/BSD USB distro

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
ma always dream to run my own LINUX/BSD live USB distro,
wonder how many souls here got desire to create one? with initial objective to reach 100 audiences?

i use parted magic, and it is really great, using slax before,

anyone?
Post 11 Oct 2014, 11:18
Matrix

Matrix
Post 12 Oct 2014, 09:46
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
JohnFound

JohnFound
Something similar I am building right now. Wink See this post.
Post 12 Oct 2014, 09:52
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
i think the future OS would be all live version, bsd, linux or windows,
possessing hard disk might become illegal eventually and everybody must save their personal life inside cloud.

JohnFound wrote:
Something similar I am building right now. Wink See this post.

just notice it,
it seems that we both almost have the same thought around the same time, =)
Post 12 Oct 2014, 12:33
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
the objectives are below,
- to store everything inside single memory file,
- all configurations must be inside single sqlite file,
- might need to introduce one installer manager, so user could use popular distro packages, debian, slackware, bsd ...
- minimal based, cut everything else we don't need,
- let user add one by one whatever tools they want to use, smooth learning curve,
- write our own desktop manager,

sound crazy again, lol.
Post 12 Oct 2014, 12:44
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
sleepsleep wrote:
i think the future OS would be all live version, bsd, linux or windows,
possessing hard disk might become illegal eventually and everybody must save their personal life inside cloud.
But "the cloud" is just hard disks on someone else's computer. It is not some magic fairy dust made from dried unicorn blood and pegasus wings. So someone has to have HDDs else "the cloud" can't exist.
Post 12 Oct 2014, 13:16
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
revolution

revolution
sleepsleep wrote:
- all configurations must be inside single sqlite file,
I'm not a fan of single collections of configurations. I get visions of the registry with that. I'd prefer each program to keep its own options in its own folder with the executable. That way migrating is much easier.

And if people are concerned about rogue process putting malware in the exe's then use ACL to protect the binaries. The current scheme of using the folder container to apply permissions is cumbersome and forces different parts of each program to be spread all over the system leading to confusion and frustration for new users.
Post 12 Oct 2014, 13:32
JohnFound

JohnFound
@revolution - sleepsleep is, as always, a little bit paranoid. He wanted to say that the HDDs will become illegal, as for example tanks and ballistic missiles. Smile Only special kind of licensed loyal cloud providers will be able to own a hard disk drives. Wink
Post 12 Oct 2014, 13:48
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
Matrix

Matrix
JohnFound wrote:
@revolution - sleepsleep is, as always, a little bit paranoid. He wanted to say that the HDDs will become illegal, as for example tanks and ballistic missiles. Smile Only special kind of licensed loyal cloud providers will be able to own a hard disk drives. Wink

That sounds idiotic Smile
One can build a HDD at home from electronic junk using a soldering iron, some solder, and epoxy glue.

Your hdd usage is already limited to a certain size that is now 4TB if you are willing to pay a fortune for it.
They also have certain design lifetime.

Don't worry, you will not be offered a hdd that is 1EiB commercially (yet, or maybe ever).
Post 12 Oct 2014, 16:11
revolution

revolution
When HDDs are outlawed only outlaws will have HDDs. So that means if one's in-laws have HDDs they are then outlaws. Wink
Post 12 Oct 2014, 16:17
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
make a news,
all major hdd maker product, tainted with some sort of dangerous infectious viruses,

we all still in fear based society,

it could be like 3D printed gun,
it works but illegal except in place that allow open carry.
Post 12 Oct 2014, 17:04
Matrix

Matrix
sleepsleep wrote:
make a news,
all major hdd maker product, tainted with some sort of dangerous infectious viruses,

we all still in fear based society,

it could be like 3D printed gun,
it works but illegal except in place that allow open carry.

Ban forks because they are very dangerous..
You must only use a spoon that is less than 2 grams and less than 5cm long to eat everything.
Post 13 Oct 2014, 07:46
neville

neville
revolution wrote:
But "the cloud" is just hard disks on someone else's computer... someone has to have HDDs else "the cloud" can't exist.
That's what you think the cloud is, and you've seen the images of vast server farms to reinforce that view. But the cloud could use many different storage technologies, and will evolve over time anyway. We will never know what it really is. One day it will use biological storage, using armies of drugged people with their brains wired up. Or maybe that already... Matrix knows Wink

Post 13 Oct 2014, 09:39
revolution

revolution
Fair enough, but it doesn't read quite as well:

But "the cloud" is just many different storage technologies on someone else's computer... someone has to have many different storage technologies else "the cloud" can't exist.

Razz
Post 13 Oct 2014, 12:15
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
idk if maybe nano technology will advance into capturing fibre optic cable physically, nanobots flying inside fiber, or copper wire,

then we have storage inside storage,

maybe we could just make human so busy to explore, then they could forget about war,

create a nanobot with cam, walk inside our own body,
maybe need more than 1 lifetime to discover all maybe unique scenery
Post 13 Oct 2014, 16:15
revolution

revolution
sleepsleep wrote:
nanobots flying inside fiber, or copper wire,
Erm, I think you misunderstand something there. nano-anything still has to be made of atoms. And even a single atom nanobot could not "fly" anywhere in copper unless the copper is in a molten state.

I'll leave the problem of finding methods of propulsion and fuel storage in a single atom as an exercise for the reader.
Post 13 Oct 2014, 16:42
Matrix

Matrix
neville wrote:
revolution wrote:
But "the cloud" is just hard disks on someone else's computer... someone has to have HDDs else "the cloud" can't exist.
That's what you think the cloud is, and you've seen the images of vast server farms to reinforce that view. But the cloud could use many different storage technologies, and will evolve over time anyway. We will never know what it really is. One day it will use biological storage, using armies of drugged people with their brains wired up. Or maybe that already... Matrix knows Wink

Wink
Drones are able to record megahd resolution (few gigapixels) video in real time, calculate the storage needed...
Post 14 Oct 2014, 17:06
revolution

revolution
Matrix wrote:
Drones are able to record megahd resolution (few gigapixels) video in real time, calculate the storage needed...
Zero. It is all streamed live.
Post 14 Oct 2014, 17:13
Coty

Coty
We are more likely to swing towards Soldered on NAND memory, it's already starting to happen, HDDs could soon very well be coming to an end in a majority of pre-fabricated computers.

Will HDDs be outlawed? No, it's pointless to... and if they did, they would outlaw all kinds of storage including pen drives, probably with special licenses that would allow you to posses them... But this sounds to much like those movies were the gov is always breathing down your neck in some communist post-apocalyptic world.

revolution wrote:

That's true since they are remote controlled, however I think it's also false, your telling me that they don't record anything that they view on those monitors?
Post 15 Oct 2014, 09:59
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
revolution

revolution
Coty wrote:
revolution wrote:
That's true since they are remote controlled, however I think it's also false, your telling me that they don't record anything that they view on those monitors?
I doubt it is stored on the drone. But it might well be stored in many other places by any number of other people.
Post 15 Oct 2014, 10:50

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: