Message board for the users of flat assembler.
> MenuetOS > Start Here! Asked and Answered
bloglite 18 Jun 2004, 12:50
In order to help those who are new to MenuetOS.
Please read the official documentation.
1. The .exe file from MenuetOS.org should be run from a DOS prompt to .....create a floppy to boot from. Don't just copy it to floppy, it won't work.
2. If you do not have a mouse function, Use the held ALT key with ARROWS
...to navigate. ALT and spacebar = Left mouse click (fast tap twice=dbl-click)
3. To use HD functions you must FIRST have a FAT32 partition on your HD.
4. The .ru version or the "EZ" distro demonstrate the HD functioning well and provide a way to demonstrate some of the new stuff like Systree & Xtree. Russian archives @ http://meosfiles.narod.ru/index_eng.htm
5. A MeOS server can be easily set up. AutoServer Package and our other distros are @
GridWorks Open FTP Archives are here.
You can get a floppy boot maker or burn the iso to boot from CD.
** Start TinyPad from desktop on boot-up for more detailed info.
Links to other sources are posted here.
** You must have a supported NIC--Many Realtek 81 series NICs
3com: 3c59x, 3c900, 3c905
Sis900 ARE SUPPORTED !
6. USB devices if mapped through BIOS (if your machine supports this) do work on occasion. Check the next post.
I'll edit this as needed. Maybe it will help with repeated questions..
BTW - Still haven't seen the "read from HD JpegView" working.
Have had numerous posts saying it does but no proof. Show it off !
Last edited by bloglite on 03 Sep 2004, 20:41; edited 4 times in total
|18 Jun 2004, 12:50||
bloglite 27 Jun 2004, 10:53
Quote from Ville on USB /Ramdrive booting ! "The easiest way to boot Menuet from ramdisk (?) is to have a IDE compatible flash card. If you want to boot Menuet from USB drive, then your bios should make the USB drive visible as ide harddisk or floppy drive, which Menuet kernel can read."
|27 Jun 2004, 10:53||
evil__donkey 29 Jun 2004, 03:12
Hmm. How about runring MenuetOS in Bochs, Virtual PC or VMWare for testing?
It crashes on Virtual PC
|29 Jun 2004, 03:12||
< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Copyright © 1999-2023, Tomasz Grysztar. Also on GitHub, YouTube.
Website powered by rwasa.