flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > DIY Dentistry - How 2 Fix Your Own Teeth!

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
m3ntal

m3ntal
EHow 2 Fix Your own Teeth: If you have cavities or damaged teeth and you absolutely can't afford a dentist, the only choice is to do it yourself... or it will get worse.

Warning: I am NOT a dentist. Use this information at your own risk. I assume NO responsibility. Please do research and watch dental instructional videos (YouTube) before you attempt this.

However, I am experienced with resins, sculpture, cosmetics (example: tattooed eyebrows), special effects and I have performed dental restorations as you can see here.

Requirements:

* Dental curing light: $30 on E-Bay, the cheap ones with multiple colors: silver, red, blue, produce a bright blue LED light that cures the resin in about 45 seconds
* PrimeDent micro hybrid resin "flowable" composite: About $20 for 4 syringes (get yellow, "flowable", A1). As for shade, A1 is the whitest that PrimeDent sells.
* Dental bonding adhesive: 1-3 layers of this is applied with a brush then cured to provide a foundation for the resin. Always dry the surface with a paper towel first before applying this or resin.
* Dental etching gel: Phosphoric acid. Removes initial enamel+dentin from the surface before applying adhesive. A 4-pack of these should cost about $10-$15 on E-Bay
* Sand paper: Fine and medium. Small disks for rotary tools (example: Dremel) are good for hand carving knotches and excess resin. A rotary tool is not needed, it's much safer to sand/carve by hand.
* Art brushes. Any generic pack of real brushes with hairs (no plastic bristles)

General directions:

* Brush teeth well.
* Setup equipment: Paper plate, towels and art brush ready to apply gel, adhesive and resin
* Apply etching gel to prepare surface. Wait 15+ seconds then rinse.
* Dry with paper towel then apply thin layer of adhesive. Light cure according to manufacturer's instructions - usually "spot cure" for 10-15 seconds (then continue working) or full cure for about 35-45+ seconds. Ensure there is no saliva on the teeth before applying. If you're doing this on yourself in a mirror, use one hand to hold top lip up or bottom lip down then use the other hand to dry, brush and cure
* Dry, brush thin layer/s of resin, light cure. Squeeze a drop of resin onto a paper plate then brush. Repeat this process until restoration is complete. Avoid along the gumline, only apply a thin layer to seal/protect.
* Sand, polish. Use the small rotary disks to sand excess along the gumline, recarve knotches and sharpen edges (takes a little time). Use tougher sand paper to straighten/level top and bottom teeth. To polish to a shiny surface, "wet sand" with fine paper (ie, dip the paper in water first). Always rinse and spit between sanding to minimize swallowing sand paper particles that might be hazardous.

* "What's the minimal recommended order?" - About $70. Light ($30), resin ($20, 4 pack of PrimeDent flowable, A1 for white), etching gel ($7), bonding adhesive ($7), sanding disks ($5).

* "How long does it last?" - Depends on the cavity size, complexity and how well it's applied. If it ever cracks/chips, you can always fix it. Dentists don't guarantee resin restorations, they could crack or fall out at anytime.

* "Should I drill/sand the decayed/black tooth first?" - Not necessarily, I've seen dentists go right over black spots. Resin seals/bonds with it and prevents future decay. Just make sure it's clean and dry.

* "How much is one PrimeDent flowable tube enough for?" - About 2-4 teeth or brush 2 thin layers of white on someone's front teeth to brighten, seal and protect. 2+ 4 packs ($40) is enough for 4 people at 2 tubes each.

Examples: 2 of my patients: One session each, 10-15 minutes on the man (only one tube used), 40-50 minutes on the woman's "resin veneers" ("cosmetic dentists" charge $3,000s-$12,000s for this service!). Not finished, I will perfect them next session.
Post 24 Jun 2014, 13:03
m3ntal

m3ntal
I've got an idea! Create an instructional video - Easy DIY Dentistry - then sell it for $10. Millions of people would love to do this if they knew how. Cosmetic dentistry is a fun, exciting type of art and the greatest reward is seeing the positive change, improving someone's happiness and confidence. Maybe I could hit the $100K+ jackpot.
Post 24 Jun 2014, 14:05
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
m3ntal wrote:
I've got an idea! Create an instructional video - Easy DIY Dentistry - then sell it for $10. Millions of people would love to do this if they knew how. Cosmetic dentistry is a fun, exciting type of art and the greatest reward is seeing the positive change, improving someone's happiness and confidence. Maybe I could hit the $100K+ jackpot.
Sounds like a plan. Good luck.
Post 24 Jun 2014, 14:18
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
m3ntal

m3ntal
Thanks.

I only had one tube remaining of PrimeDent A1 "Flowable" for the male but it was enough to repair the gap, cavities and even whiten the tips of top teeth (look closely). He held perfectly still with mouth open and was cooperative so it was a fast, easy procedure: 15 minutes, 8 minutes of that time sanding by hand with the little rotary discs. I'll use thicker putty resin for reinforcement behind the 2 front teeth.

On the other hand, the woman was drunk, complaining the entire time - "headache, neck hurts, etc" - wouldn't stop moving, talking to me while I'm applying resin, she kept closing her mouth and allowing saliva to get on the resin before I could light cure it! She wouldn't listen at all.

Ordered 2 more 4-packs of PrimeDent. It should arrive in 3 days so I can finish their teeth. I've also sculpted my own custom vampire fangs in the mirror Cool
Post 24 Jun 2014, 15:31
BAiC

BAiC
if you really want to make money then why don't you sell methamphetamine. from the looks of it you already have 2 customers Twisted Evil

Post 25 Jun 2014, 18:15
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: