flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > what is space?

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
thinking about this thing is so cool,,

the space are all around me, but i got no fucking idea what space is......

i was thinking that, there probably a signature for every space, which, if you could duplicate that signature, you could open that space from here as if you open a door.

somehow i feel, this is possible,

so, maybe a random signature will open up the space to another idk where location, one way of adventure to another galaxy or ...

maybe there is a limit how far those signature would function, maybe,

but it seems possible to me, in my 6th sense, it is possible to open a space.

but what is space?
Post 12 Jun 2014, 07:31
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
i somehow got this idea,
if let say, space is a container, some sort of container,
and if you try fit more atoms that is allowed into a region of space, the space will break,

space will try to recover itself eg, like how you put large bubbles inside a huge tank of water.

let use the sudden air channel inside the water, it is not restrain by the frictions of moving objects inside,

assume earth gravity, the bubbles will goes up, but if we could control the gravity, we could shift the bubbles to our intended location, by following the laws of how bubbles works inside water.

we need to discover the bubbles that could travel through space.
Post 12 Jun 2014, 11:27
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
sleepsleep wrote:
we need to discover the bubbles that could travel through space.
Read up about the Alcubierre drive. It was known on Star Trek as the warp drive.
Post 12 Jun 2014, 11:33
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
AsmGuru62

AsmGuru62
Coolest thing about space - its expansion.
Take our Milky Way and any far away galaxy.
The distance between these points is always increasing.
But it happens not because of physical movement of galaxies WITHIN space.
The space itself as a medium increases its length - between ANY points!
In some cases the physical movement of galaxies overcomes the expansion and then galaxies merge.
Milky Way will merge with Andromeda.
Awesome stuff!!
Post 12 Jun 2014, 16:01
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
yeah, expansion,
i try to think da outer layer of what contain space as if like onion,

from the smallest of atom, electron, photon, quark and... idk shit that is smaller and viewable,

if energy cannot be created or destroy is true, then this whole space is perpetual motion engine.
some regions expand, some regions contract, but the whole sums of energy are still there.

black hole could be some sort of balancer, when there are too much energy concentrated in particular region, black hole will emerge, suck them all transfer to another region where energy is low to balance out the whole shit, ah, to prevent this whole bubble collapse.

black hole got their own quantum spooky fiber network, and we just need to tap it to FTL travel,

maybe we just need to create energy imbalance,

AsmGuru62 wrote:

Milky Way will merge with Andromeda.

yah, hopefully i could live to billion age to experience this event,
we should start planning interstellar travel now, but as usual,
human on earth are just too insane and idiotic to realize.

the smart one with ego, couldn't reach together,
it is not idiots who split them, it was genius's own egos and biases.
Post 12 Jun 2014, 20:07
nyrtzi

nyrtzi
Space is... 3 dimensions of the 4 dimensional space time continuum?
What the heck is a dimension anyway?
Where did the birth of the space time continuum happen and when?
Or were they born the moment everything else was born too?
Post 12 Jun 2014, 20:09
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
ah, i still not understand the effect of time in space, and why they tied the concept of time into space, spacetime,

for me, time is a concept to measure changes, something that not physically exists, but only as a reference to measure changes.

that is with a belief that we could tick with a constant, accurate clock,
but everything change,
even the moment we are typing this, earth is marathon into unknown space with great speed.

maybe we will come to a region of space that could start fiddling our clock, mayeb,
Post 12 Jun 2014, 20:18
Dr F

Dr F
sleepsleep u should not think about such before u have the fundamentals for thinking. thinking is a responsible task.

the information whatever u may think up,... it can be used by evil if not protected.. everyone with a sense would be considering it.. there is no reason just to believe u have to prove because u dont have to prove. if u are thinking who has to prove in a system about equality... then u realise its those arriving first.. (there have been people before you).

what u do with this thinking is u just support the unequal system as a slave yourself.. entirely irrational.. and NOT NEEDED. just mind your busness and nothing outside of it. if u want something outside of it.. make up some story perhaps about a vide game genre wich have already been explored (because there are so many of these). or make a video game map wich u can play. u always make a more interesting video game map. perhaps a few new weapons.. different weights on the weapons or so.

true this can be stolen but there is not much uniqueness in this one.. that is others would also be able to make money out of something else.. OR preferably just mind your own business even if it seems irrelevant.

and be patient.

Post 15 Jun 2014, 04:26
flaith

flaith
sleepsleep wrote:
...black hole could be some sort of balancer, when there are too much energy concentrated in particular region, black hole will emerge, suck them all transfer to another region where energy is low to balance out the whole shit, ah, to prevent this whole bubble collapse.

Interesting and clever Smile

Post 20 Jun 2014, 06:50
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
i think space is just too interesting to ignore,
we deal with this kinda magic almost daily, accepting some sort of unknown as something natural,

what is normal, and what is abnormal,

it seems that everything just shine on its own,
and we been hypnotized in lots of way to accept unfamiliarity as common.
Post 21 Jun 2014, 14:00
DOS386

DOS386
sleepsleep wrote:
got no fucking idea what space is......

Space is the fucking ASCII character with code $20 = #32 and looks like this

Quote:

Smile

Title: Hello World program compiles to 100 KB !!!

Post 23 Jun 2014, 14:41
r22

r22
Space is kind of boring to me. I prefer our Universe as a whole. Then I want out Universe to be a single point on an N-dimensional plane. The number of N would be every possible starting variable (like gravitational constant, speed of light, weight of an electron etc...). In many locations on that N-dimensional plane there will be no point (universe), because the combination of starting variables will not produce a universe.

If the starting parameters (N) were a constant number then the list of those N values would be the signature for our Universe (or any other unverse). Now with infinitely small variations in those starting variables we can have infinitely many universes that are very similar to our own.

This is how we get the theory of multi-universes where every possibility is a reality. If every probability/decision/choice can be tracked back to a small change in the starting variables then there is no room for free-will or true randomness.
Post 23 Jun 2014, 16:38
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
since nobody yet figure out this whole thing, maybe we all living in some sort of weird magic environment,

how large we could view, and how tiny we could scope,

the whole thing just make me more appreciate the conscious i am having now,

and it seems that every routine job that we human keep on doing seems so silly in some point, but, everybody got their own rights, right to be silly, to push them is equally to push us.

we don't even got any idea how these unknown unknown works.

the whole thing that i did from i born till now, seems so stupid and silly.
Post 23 Jun 2014, 20:17
r22

r22
@sleepsleep - By that logic the 'meaning of life' should be: to help advance the next generation until humanity is sufficiently powerful enough to control and manipulate the fundamental variables that make up our Universe. Or something like that...
Post 24 Jun 2014, 20:09
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
r22, agree with your statement =)
Post 29 Jun 2014, 18:34
axlucas

axlucas
Sleepsleep, you are a real free thinker! Keep on doing this. Einstein would say that imagination is more important than knowledge. By this, I mean, it is very important that some people do the work of making sense out of all existing concepts and how they relate, but there are already many people doing that. Bringing up new concepts is what very few people do (at least concepts worth considering) and its people who do it that eventually push us one step beyond.

Now, to add to this particular topic. I think space is the simplest way we've found to understand the relative, and still coherent, nature of some physical phenomena. Space does not really exists because it's nothing, but it does exists just like numbers exists, like a "metre" is real, etc. Same thing happens with energy. It's not a real thing, but it does exist, because one thing can have more or less energy. The amount of "energy" something has is actually a status property of the thing and not another thing being held inside the first. Same way, space is a set of measurements that are stable or coherent. If we give a frame of reference, it is clear that these measurements are three and we know what we mean by X, Y and Z, but the wonderful thing is that in our universe, for some reason, this still makes sense when we rotate or scale or when we stretch the system or change the frame of reference, in most cases. We take this for granted because it seems to work and because, without it, there'd be nothing to think. But the truth is that we are lucky that the universe makes sense.

I agree that time is not really the same as space. The space-time model is a system that also "makes sense" and is stable so we can use it to explain phenomena, but this doesn't mean that the "physical/logical" aspect of space and time are the same. Space has no physical/logical aspect. It is nothing except system structure, but time does have a logical aspect (and maybe even a physical one) because it determines the arrow of causality. That is, you can't simply rotate a 4-dimensional object which exists in space-time 4-dimensionally, but you can read the data from space-time as a 4-dimensional set of vectors for easy analysis.

Hey, and I'm not reading from a book, so I could be saying a few crazy things there. Beware! Ha, ha. Just thinking freely too.
Post 30 Jun 2014, 00:32
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
hi axlucas,
glad you appreciated my post =) thanks.

when i saw a giant blackhole images in outerspace images, all those are just too gigantic and really mesmerize me, and my thoughts just couldn't comprehend and relate all those magic out there with what i could see here daily.

i could sit alone, whole day thinking and trying to relate everything, =) sort of my hobby actually.

i actually disagree about the physical existence of "time", for me, time is only a concept, a concept to measure changes, like meter, inch, cm and so on, they don't exists for real, just a concept.

i don't think number exists too, they all are just concept to bring in comprehension.

but i think, maybe, space really exists.
imagine what is outside the space?
Post 30 Jun 2014, 05:46
r22

r22
How about if space is made of one dimensional strings, the strings are smaller than everything else 10e-35 meters thick. Maybe it's just one really long string, but it vibrates in and out of our dimension. When a piece of the string hits something with mass (while it vibrates) it kinks up a bit and this kinking is what causes gravity (since the kink pulls everything around it closer).

Maybe the 'string theory' is what coined the 'fabric of space' phrase, since space is woven together by these strings.
Post 30 Jun 2014, 16:18
axlucas

axlucas
Yeah, space could be interpreted in a number of ways.
R22 - What you describe is a system in which physical causality is seen as a property of space. If you define space that way, then it does "physically" exist.
I normally consider "space" to be only the structure, a frame over which things happen. I like interpreting physical matters like being in space and not part of space. Seeing it like this, space does not physically exists, and as a matter of fact, it doesn't exist logically either. It is barely a model.
But numbers and time, while I agree that they don't physically exist, they do exist logically. What I mean is that they actually represent things that have an effect on how things work. If you change space, for example, by redefining the coordinate system, reality (what is happening) remains the same. But if you interchange numbers 2 and 3, everything will be different, to the point that even logics will fail. 2 has to be two (otherwise, you could create oranges by putting one orange beside another, which would result in three oranges, and so on... as long as you don't count them, which would turn them into 2 again). Same way, if you can't just make as if time could go in the other direction or simply there were no direction. That would mean that there would be people getting younger everyday, just like there are many getting older. Lots of paradoxes would come out of this.
Time is not a physical thing. The true thing going on is events. Time is only a way we have invented to represent causality. There doesn't seem to be a reason for causality to be there, but it clearly is there and if it were not, all thought would be useless, so better be Razz
Post 02 Jul 2014, 00:05

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: