flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > What if you had $100,000 US?

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
m3ntal

m3ntal
What would you do if you had $100,000 US? I think most (97%+) humans would go broke fast, but I'm an economic person. For me, $100k = "Win 4 life".

What would I do? Save $87,000. $13,000 is enough for everything I need in life (home, vehicle, materials):

* Used mini-van: <$4,000
* 1 acre of land in California: <$500 (to grow
fruits/wines and all the best marijuana)
* Build small garage/home (16x24): <$5,500
* Used appliances: <$800. Fridge ($100),
oven ($100), washer ($100), bathroom ($200),
hot water heater ($300)
* Install minimal solar power system: <$1,500
(4 small panels, batteries, inverter)
* Clothes: <$300
* Art materials: <$400 (wood, fiberglass, resin,
silicone, clay. To implement product prototypes)
------------------------------------------------
$13,000. $100k-$13k=$87k remaining

With no rent or electric, an efficient person could live comfortably on $400/month ($4,800/year). If I ever decided to move, I could sell my home+energy+land for like 5+ times what I paid for it.

I asked one of my roomates this question. He said, "I'd buy a Ferrari!". LOL. He'd be homeless living in a Ferrari that he can't afford insurance for and has to sell immediately, loosing money big-time. Average humans have no concept of money management.
Post 09 Jun 2014, 12:22
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
m3ntal wrote:
* 1 acre of land in California: <$500 (to grow
fruits/wines and all the best marijuana)
Seems to me that you would only need $500 then. Once you get caught with the Mary Jane then you can live for (but not be) free.
Post 09 Jun 2014, 13:15
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
typedef

typedef
Quote:

I'm an economic person

Quote:

"I'd buy a Ferrari!". LOL. He'd be homeless living in a Ferrari

But is he homeless or does he already have a home? Obviously anyone homeless in that situation wouldn't go and buy a car. First thing is to get yourself together and settle down somewhere.

Your decision would be based on your current level of needs and necessities.
Post 09 Jun 2014, 13:23
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
m3ntal wrote:

* 1 acre of land in California: <$500

you sure?
it is very cheap,
1 acre land here is around USD 5000 for unused and maybe inside deep forest, or a grant that holds up many owner name.

usually cost around USD 20,000 here.
Post 09 Jun 2014, 15:49
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
btw, i applaud what your intent to do, off grid.
am having such thought too,
either i want to build my environment deep inside ocean, (maybe there got secret group who already did something like ocean secret society)

or floating city that sits around pacific ocean?

or floating city that really above sky.

or a outerspace spaceship that orbit earth and will migrate to mars or other suitable planet around earth.
Post 09 Jun 2014, 15:51
revolution

revolution
m3ntal: Do you have a plan in place for actually earning the $100k? It is all very well to dream but unless there some process happening to obtain your goals then it will always be just a dream.

BTW: $87k/4.8k only gives you ~18 years till the money is all gone. And that doesn't even account for inflation and other things like maintenance, medical and other unplanned costs. So unless you plan to not be around in 18 years time then I think you will need more than $100k.
Post 09 Jun 2014, 15:57
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
m3ntal

m3ntal
Quote:
you sure? it is very cheap
$500 is enough for an acre in the country. Search E-Bay for "california land". Another idea is to get a travel trailer.
Quote:
Once you get caught with the Mary Jane then you can live for (but not be) free.
No, it's legal in CA to grow and possess.
Quote:
Do you have a plan in place for actually earning the $100k?
No, just dreaming Neutral I could make an ARM compiler and sell it for like $10. 10,000+ sells * $10 = $100k.
Quote:
BTW: $87k/4.8k only gives you ~18 years till the money is all gone.
I'd be making money from inventions and product prototypes - especially PC/game devices and educational toys - if I could afford the materials. I'd have a representative who talks to corporations. I could use this income to make small investments in real estate and a solar power business.
Post 09 Jun 2014, 22:41
Dr F

Dr F
i would buy construction material and some machinery for the place i live in.

otherwise realy similar (i wouldnt grow much marihuana i guess). I would use underground bunker (built and designed by me). this is also a great way to save shit.. comfortable and heat management is simple.

i would better like 100 000 000 000 usd and i would buy material, land, and an army and i would conqure some motherfucking countries for further resources.
at least others would be liberated of slimy slavery and schemings.. no schemings in my kingdom.
Post 09 Jun 2014, 22:50
typedef

typedef
Dr F wrote:
i would buy construction material and some machinery for the place i live in.

otherwise realy similar (i wouldnt grow much marihuana i guess). I would use underground bunker (built and designed by me). this is also a great way to save shit.. comfortable and heat management is simple.

i would better like 100 000 000 000 usd and i would buy material, land, and an army and i would conqure some motherfucking countries for further resources.
at least others would be liberated of slimy slavery and schemings.. no schemings in my kingdom.

Post 10 Jun 2014, 00:19
TmX

TmX
m3ntal wrote:

With no rent or electric, an efficient person could live comfortably on $400/month ($4,800/year).

Sound to me like a very strict budget.
Maybe you're living far from the city then?
Post 10 Jun 2014, 01:53
Dr F

Dr F
i wouldnt grow much marihuana i swear.. some for painkillers and a little bit of recreational usage. perhasps an experimental scrumpy mixed with hash.

i donno what your talking about.

Post 10 Jun 2014, 03:47
edfed

edfed
$100 000 here means, 10k taxes the first year, then, 9k, then, etc... until you reach the untaxable threashold. viva francia.
Post 10 Jun 2014, 08:04
Dr F

Dr F
Need another revolution in Paris perhaps? just make it right.. don let them brainz be harmed via radio waves and get some compressed air tansks and such for breathing as well as some protective acquiment to greatly retard bulles at least (protect against bulelts when angled), and protect against slashes and have some destructive firebombs (such as propperly mixed pressurized semi-filled moltov cocktails.. but of course not to the poin where the pressure triggers the reaction.
Post 10 Jun 2014, 11:09
Dr F

Dr F
YES but remember not all the cops are bad people.. suppose u got masked and the cops masked and it would turn out that u and a cop is in the same species only prelabled them as enemy just by standing on sides (labeled eachother). this would be horrible.
Post 10 Jun 2014, 11:17
revolution

revolution
Dr F wrote:
Need another revolution in Paris perhaps?
How many revolutions are already in Paris?
Post 10 Jun 2014, 11:45
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
kinda weird, they are selling cheap there in california, i wonder why,
i couldn't even buy a 1 acre here with my saving =(
damn it,

i been thinking to live remotely far away from people, but trying to figure out how to build the basic necessities on my own, it seems hard for sure, thats why the basic stuffs should be easily build and i could repair them on my own just in case they are faulty.
Post 10 Jun 2014, 15:17
edfed

edfed
i remember only one revolution occured in paris, and it was just in order to rotate the society a little.
the bourgeoisie used the tiers etat to kill the monarchy and the noblesse, and now, we (tiers etat, people) vote for the old bourgeoisie that is now the noblesse and monarchy. it is a revolution in the sense it rotates.
Post 11 Jun 2014, 08:07
Dr F

Dr F
so. u can think of the french revoolution as something like. a bunch of shit happening then the middle upper class controlling masses to kill higher class individuals for one reason or another. basicly what the media is talking about overthrowing evil dictator regimes or shit.

the evil just does evil... then gets the top leaders killed off when there is time, and then the middle upper class does less evil.. in the process of killing dead bodies organs are harvested.

it is realy funny how these brave gangsters will turn out to be. will be utter joy to witness.

Post 11 Jun 2014, 15:54
m3ntal

m3ntal
sleep: House built from nature: http://iliketowastemytime.com/2012/01/12/how-to-build-your-very-own-lord-of-rings-hobbit-house A "dirt bag dome" is easy and cheap to build. Price of land depends on location.

Drf/matekfr: I'm talking about evolved natural medicine that's 100s of times better than "average" and that's only available in locations where it's legal (example: white widow, bubble gum, purple haze). There are 1,000s of different strains that have dramatically different effects. I could be alone, angry, depressed, broke and suicidal. Within 10 seconds: Extreme happiness, relaxation, euphoria, enhanced creativity, improved concentration, ideas from higher dimensions, feeling like I'm on a beach with beautiful women. I could be in the dark by myself and feel happier than a kid at Disneyland without having to go there or spend money.
Post 11 Jun 2014, 20:37
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
m3ntal: yah, i saw that before on internet, very cool house!!.
Post 12 Jun 2014, 07:26

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: