flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > idea : a shadow tv/monitor

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
i just thought of a new idea,

a TV, monitor, or anything that could display,

but could cast shadow in front of the monitor based on the movie/content.
so, it would looks like the this i guess.

Description: a monitor that capable to cast shadow in front of viewer based on its content,
Filesize: 7.15 KB
Viewed: 3767 Time(s)

shadowtv.png

Post 29 May 2014, 23:07
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
Do you know how shadows are created? It seems you haven't thought about how such a thing would work.
Post 29 May 2014, 23:15
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
m3ntal

m3ntal
I think your ideas are completely useless and non-functional.

You know why "geniuses" don't get paid? Because of people like YOU who think you're good when you're NOT.

Do you understand that a natural inventor has kazillions of ideas, all day, everyday, more than you could ever imagine? By the ages of 5-7, I had more creative abilities than any adult I knew and I have 1,000s of creations now, but I've always been poor (under minimum wage). Never had one chance. Never had a vehicle. I dream about having the smallest house the size of a 16x24 garage.

It's a sad reality that your people steal jobs from real talented individuals. What's worse is that they have no concept of economics so they take the money then waste it like a little kid in a candy store and do nothing good for humanity.
Post 30 May 2014, 05:57
prostyle4444

prostyle4444
sleepsleep: Maybe you could achieve this by first reading the current frame displayed on the tv and convert it to grayscale and project it via a projector placed below the TV.
Post 30 May 2014, 07:28
typedef

typedef
I can't think of any scenario where this could be used. This is the same thing as having a bluetooth chip installed in your body.
Post 30 May 2014, 07:33
prostyle4444

prostyle4444
Typedef: I guess this could be used in a 3d tv to give better effects Smile
Post 30 May 2014, 08:06
JohnFound

JohnFound
Actually it is not so impossible idea. It should be something combining 3 technologies:

1. Light emitting display (like the current displays)
2. Light reflecting display (like e-ink book readers)
3. True 3D display - it must be able to create the images in a volume, not on a screen.

Although, estimating the current level of technologies and the fact that these displays will give very little value to the spectator experience, this idea will not be implemented very soon. Razz
Post 30 May 2014, 08:16
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
m3ntal wrote:

I think your ideas are completely useless and non-functional.

You know why "geniuses" don't get paid?

i disagree, but if you feel it is useless, i am ok
i believe, geniuses appreciate something more than $$, they need it, to survive, but i believe moeny is not their priority.

it is good to have, but fine without it too.

it is good if you have lots of ideas,
and there is one chinese proverb,
蛟龙得云雨,终非池中物
one day, your chance will come.
Post 30 May 2014, 12:17
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
ok, i revise a little bit,
because we could fake the shadow using another screen, by laying it down,
make the background of it, resemble what beneath it,

so, need a program to recode all possible shadows, detect light source,
then the shadow monitor will play the shadow.

maybe the experience will be more realistic, i guess.. at least something is connected now from the movie into this world, using fake shadow.

Description: with shadow monitor having a background picture resemble what beneath it.
Filesize: 19.2 KB
Viewed: 3700 Time(s)

shadowtv.png

Post 30 May 2014, 12:30
m3ntal

m3ntal
Quote:
one day, your chance will come.
I've been hearing this since 5 years old: "You're so talented, you'll be rich someday"... bah! All I want is to afford (materials) to express myself and be creative. Let me tell you something...

"Art" is the ability to see and create visually: Drawing, painting, sculpture, airbrushing, tattoos, inventions (like crazy, faster than I can write them down), product design, architecture, etc. We design your products, houses, businesses, vehicles, airplanes (Leonardo), etc. Everything you see.
Post 31 May 2014, 07:52
m3ntal

m3ntal
Not only is your idea totally useless and non-functional, it has ZERO artistic, emotional or entertainment value.

Name one thing your idea is worth
Post 31 May 2014, 16:22
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
m3ntal wrote:
Not only is your idea totally useless and non-functional, it has ZERO artistic, emotional or entertainment value.

you mentioned it was useless and non-functional in your first posts already, or maybe you found some sort of enjoyment in repeating it?

m3ntal wrote:
Name one thing your idea is worth

i don't care if my idea(s) worth it or not, only when it is manifest physically then only we could know the exact value of it,

[s]if you chance didn't come, maybe that is your ego to blamed.[/s]
<span style="text-decoration: line-through;">if you chance didn't come, maybe that is your ego to blamed.</span>
<dev>if you chance didn't come, maybe that is your ego to blamed.</del>

Last edited by sleepsleep on 16 Jun 2014, 12:00; edited 5 times in total
Post 31 May 2014, 17:20
Dr F

Dr F
m3ntal must use His ideas to steal some wood and travel to my locaiton perhaps. mental first must show a live video skype conversation for me.

then i will write texts and such to m3ntal have a few qestions in text or voice perhaps. and then if i would accept mental i would then show a current picture or video of myself. it is advised to bring along some materials for planting. first we would do some gardening and slightly automize gardening.

m3ntal can travel to my location to afford simple amatour radio equipment me makes the unhackable coding box soon, and at this time the coding box travels to mental those attempting to open box may experience explosion (this is to destroy the box for the making of encryption circuits would be painstaking without machinery. and i dont want them to know one of the code.

then this box is connected to m3ntals own radio transmitter and m3ntal can communicate send messages to my coordinates (near around my area) or perhaps ever direction.

but mental is realy offensive to sleepsleep and sleepsleep makes up ideas for what reason? it is known that scientists are clever and such but they are often not valued. most doesnt receive chemical protection cars suits radiological protection things they dont receive enything. they are walking around in piece of clothing item.

but we will resolve these things. in theory however not everyone is inhibited from buying protective equipment (but for instance many may not afford it).

Post 31 May 2014, 18:36
Dr F

Dr F
m3ntal can connect via skype if wants therefore ask my skype address perhaps.

we have land areas wich can sustain 10 individuals so i have a few individuals who we can harbour.
the thing is soon habitable (there is shower, water some beds need some other stuff and need to extend the basement for long term dry storage of food.
Post 31 May 2014, 18:41
Dr F

Dr F
then as when thigns estabilished with this thing yet to be made (when the encryptor box is created) i shall post one version of it to m3ntal, and this wil lbe used to be in constant touch with mental as mental is sailing/paddleing here with His own boat (made using for instance nylon and wood. harvested from somewhere else.. the electronics wich maybe corrupted (because made by someoen else) wil lbe also used to track mentals position (timer the encrypted code received then transmitted (mental would have to make his own encryptionbox then perhaps).

if mental is able to do a simple thing such as building boat forom these materials (such way that it would never sink). then mental is a basic worthy engineer. otherwise it is not true. if there is lack of wood then must find some trees and such. tere maybe a lack of tools but i believe it is possible to be bougth the nylon and such makes the boat building realy quick (or possibly so.).
Post 31 May 2014, 18:47
Dr F

Dr F
other people may also do these (after skype conversation thing). up to 3 person. will have to first create part of the basement extension, wich is perhaps 7 month from now (the thing progresses realy slowly, because almost like i am doing this alone.. and it would be then for morep people.. but not now, only i do this sometimes but i plan to do it more often).
Post 31 May 2014, 18:50
Dr F

Dr F
we already got 7 places bound/quite possibly bound.
Post 31 May 2014, 18:52
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
sleepsleep wrote:

if you chance didn't come, maybe that is your ego to blamed.

i think, i need to say sorry to m3ntal,,,

my words is probably a little bit harsh, and biased.
and i have no idea what you had gone through in your life.

sorry.
Post 16 Jun 2014, 11:51

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: