flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Get cash from downloads. Is this possible ?

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
asmhack

asmhack
Hey guys, i made a tool for an online game and im thinking to upload it to a site like ziddu so i can get some 'cash' from the downloads cuz the tool itself will be freeware Wink.
My question is if there are better alternative choices than ziddu and if there's a way to protect the app from running if it's downloaded from another location.
Post 14 May 2014, 15:15
DimonSoft

DimonSoft
The answer to the second question is definitely “No”.

You don't have much information to rely on: even if you look through the history of all the web browsers installed in the system and don't find any references to your website, this doesn't mean that the executable was downloaded from other server: it was probaly downloaded with another computer which has an internet connection while the current one doesn't have. Noone can be prevented from creating absolutely equal copy of your executable. The same applies to any amount of files.
Post 14 May 2014, 16:15
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
asmhack

asmhack
And what about adding a browser class to the gui that will display ads?
Could that be profitable ?
Post 14 May 2014, 16:35
JohnFound

JohnFound
My personal opinion is:
1. Write the program without any protection
2. On the installation (and the about box) output a message: "This program is not free. If you want to use it outside evaluation purposes, please pay $$$ following way."

This way, the people that want to pay for it will get a program without any bloat. Clean and good quality.

The people that want to use it without paying will crack it, no matter what protection you use.

Notice, how the whole discomfort of the protection are for your customers, not for crackers.
Post 14 May 2014, 18:11
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
patchariadog

patchariadog
I don't know if this will help any, but I thought about doing this for my website and then I decided not to do it, because it is so bothersome when a user wants a download but has to answer surveys. instead I signed up with adfly and made a banner link to the exe on my server, so you will get paid a small amount each time they click on the download, just like when they click on any other link. I think it pays 6 dollars per 1000 so not much compared to the survey sites that pay like .80 cents a download, but it is not intrusive. you can pick banner add with no wait or skip button or ad with skip button for more money.

you can check out an example of it on this page on my website
http://adf.ly/Zvt6R
then u just link it with the exe instead of a webpage

hopefully this helps
Post 16 May 2014, 15:48
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
What a mess:
Quote:
To be able to view this link, please enable JavaScript in your Internet browser.
Please click on one of the following links for instructions on how to do this.
Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera
You also need Adobe Flash Player installed, this can be downloaded from here.
Both JS and Flash required! Confused
Post 16 May 2014, 16:19
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: