Message board for the users of flat assembler.
> Heap > Solar charger lithium iron phosphate batteries
I bought a Hampton Bay Solar light in order to modify it to use as a battery charger in order to be more "Green Friendly" and to use it to charge other batteries.
It uses 2 lithium phosphate batteries rated at 3.2 volts 1000 Mah that powered the light.
Battery voltage started at 1.3 volts and rose to 3.41 volts after about 36 hours of sun exposure.
The product info said that it would last for 6 hours at full current.
I used it for 1 hour and the voltage dropped to to .7 volts.
Is that typical ?
Is it because of poor quality batteries ?
|09 May 2014, 03:05||
Do you mean lithium iron phosphate?
Anyhow, yes, your batteries are not good. If they have been left in a state of low charge for an extended time then they will suffer internal damage. 0.7 volts is far too low. Anything under ~2.0V per cell can cause damage.
The cause could be many things. Spending too much time on the shelf before sale. Poor quality during manufacture. Not charging during assembly prior to shipment. High temperature storage or transport conditions. etc.
|09 May 2014, 03:14||
< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Copyright © 1999-2020, Tomasz Grysztar.
Powered by rwasa.