flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Announcement: My new domain, host and email...

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
JohnFound

JohnFound
Recently, I registered a domain mainly in order to have a new email, because my IP decided that they want to stop serving the mail servers I used for years.

And once I have a domain I transferred my home site on the new domain: http://asm32.info

The site is driven by an assembly written CMS. I hope the people will like the design and the content.

My new email is johnfound at the above domain. The old email is still working but will be stopped later this year.

Important: The above site is my personal home page. The Fresh IDE project is still hosted on http://fresh.flatassembler.net and will be there while Tomasz is willing to provide the hosting.

Last edited by JohnFound on 11 Apr 2014, 10:26; edited 1 time in total
Post 10 Apr 2014, 18:44
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
If I leave a comment at your website what happens to my email address? It states that it won't be published. But I would like to know more about why you need it and what you will do with it after I send it? Do you sell it to marketing companies? Do you use it to send a newsletter? Do you use it send announcements?

I ask because if there is no information telling me why someone needs my details then I usually just go somewhere else. And I'm sure I am not the only person to think this way. So a bit if information about the necessity of capturing my email would be helpful.
Post 11 Apr 2014, 00:14
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
patchariadog

patchariadog
Hi JohnFound. I like the website and especially what it is built for to promote assembly programming. we need more people doing assembly programing. I also would wonder the same as revolution about the email so maybe you should put some more info on that. also maybe add captcha for spam.
Post 11 Apr 2014, 01:06
patchariadog

patchariadog
maybe later you should add some support for multiple languages, since google translate is not always spot on.
Post 11 Apr 2014, 01:08
JohnFound

JohnFound
@revolution - You can check what happens with your e-mail in the system source files. Generally, the e-mail is used only to generate the gravatar avatar image. The e-mail string is hashed with MD5 and is used to generate the avatar request, like this.
Actually it is not mandatory to be a valid e-mail. Every string will generate some avatar, you only need to use the same string in every comment.

@patchariadog - the site will always be mixed language - english + bulgarian. Unfortunately, I have no free time to translate all the articles.
Also, for now there is no need to have captcha. The system has a bot protection that works pretty good.
Post 11 Apr 2014, 05:24
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
revolution

revolution
JohnFound wrote:
@revolution - You can check what happens with your e-mail in the system source files. Generally, the e-mail is used only to generate the gravatar avatar image. The e-mail string is hashed with MD5 and is used to generate the avatar request, like this.
Actually it is not mandatory to be a valid e-mail. Every string will generate some avatar, you only need to use the same string in every comment.
Okay, good to know. But then perhaps you can just ask for some unique string instead of an email. Perhaps that would make people feel better about posting.

And BTW: I can't see what happens in the source files because everything points to a honeypot.
Post 11 Apr 2014, 05:35
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
JohnFound

JohnFound
revolution wrote:
And BTW: I can't see what happens in the source files because everything points to a honeypot.

Are you sure? The above link should show you the file "feedback.asm" regardless of your JS settings. Also (as already talken in another thread) you can and should login as a anonymous user and then you will have the full access to the repository. See the screen shot below, it is taken using Dillo browser, without any JS. You can see in the status bar, that the links point to the right place.

Description:
Filesize: 26.97 KB
Viewed: 3091 Time(s)

dillo.png

Post 11 Apr 2014, 06:32
revolution

revolution
Okay, I didn't realise the "login" could be anonymous and provides the password on the page itself. Whenever I see login for anything I get a feeling of hopelessness about having to go through yet another registration process and I usually just don't bother to click.
Post 11 Apr 2014, 07:08
m3ntal

m3ntal
Quote:
Those who think they can write good programs in high-level language are similar to one who writes brilliant poetry in Klingon...
Z/77/DS > FreshLib. Z - FL

* Support: Multiple CPUs+OSs - I32 ONLY. NO ARM
* Design: Professional, concise, well thought out - Illogical, undecisive. Lazy, careless
* Low-level: Yes, 100% machine code, bare-metal - All calls to the highest level Windows functions written in HL languages (C/C++/VB).
* Arrays: Original dynamic ARRAY.INC - Poor immitation, weak design, restrictive (can't arrange objects/etc), weird naming
* Macros? 100s of useful language macros - No good HL syntaxes
* Graphics: Portable - Windoze only
* Fonts: Portable - Windoze only
* GUI: Portable - Windoze only
* Includes Fonts+Icons? Yes - No, use Windoze
* Written By: One person - Random copy and paste from multiple sources. If there's any good code in FreshLib, thank the ones who wrote it - vid, scientilla, Tomasz's macros, etc ("the fresh team")
* Evolution: Improves consistently with each successive release - Not much has changed in the last 10+ years. No real advancement
* Used to make programs? Yes, 100s of examples and 10,000s of functions. This is the ultimate question:

What has anyone ever created with Fresh-Lib/IDE? Answer: NOTHING SPECIAL.
Post 11 Apr 2014, 08:31
JohnFound

JohnFound
@revolution: I published a short article explaining the e-mail use and put a link to it in the comments posting form.

Last edited by JohnFound on 11 Apr 2014, 08:42; edited 1 time in total
Post 11 Apr 2014, 08:33
JohnFound

JohnFound
@m3ntal, I doubt that your post deserves some answer, but anyway: Here you can see some of my projects working in the real industrial environment 24/7, created using Fresh IDE and FreshLib. They are portable and run in Linux and Windows from the same source code.

So, I can't be blamed for your inability to use Fresh IDE or write portable assembly programs using FreshLib.
Post 11 Apr 2014, 08:42
revolution

revolution
m3ntal & JohnFound: Please don't turn this forum into a pissing contest. No one cares if your code, or some other code, is "better". Just use whatever code you feel happy with and forget about the other stuff.
JohnFound wrote:
@revolution: I published a short article explaining the e-mail use and put a link to it in the comments posting form.
That is great. The best explanation I have seen on any site.
Post 11 Apr 2014, 08:52
typedef

typedef
revolution wrote:
Okay, I didn't realise the "login" could be anonymous and provides the password on the page itself. Whenever I see login for anything I get a feeling of hopelessness about having to go through yet another registration process and I usually just don't bother to click.

Yeah, that's nothing compared to this calculus CAPTCHA challenge :

http://random.irb.hr/signup.php
Post 11 Apr 2014, 20:50

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: